Diablo® III

MP-how do you adjust?

Community Manager
stupid question but does adding more monster power make better item drops?

Sort of. Here are the relevant sections from the Monster blog (which I'd encourage you to read):

Starting at MP1, each level of Monster Power will increase monster damage and health by a scaling amount depending on difficulty. To reward your audacity, your hero will receive bonuses to experience, Magic Find, and Gold Find (which will stack above the 300% cap).

For Normal, Nightmare, and Hell, the bonuses look like this: (click)

In Inferno, in addition to increased experience, Magic Find, and Gold Find, whenever a monster dies and drops an item normally (whether it be gold, a potion, or a piece of gear), the monster also has a chance to drop an additional bonus item. The chance to drop a bonus item will scale up with each MP level as detailed in this table: (click)

In Inferno at Monster Power 1 or greater, monsters in every Act will also be bumped up to level 63 and share the same high-end item drop rates. This means that no matter which act you're progressing through, the monsters in that act will all have the same shot at dropping items level 61-63, including crafting recipes, Legendary items, and set items.

I also posted some more information about how the bonus item feature works here, if you want the gritty details.
Edited by Lylirra on 10/16/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you set MP level in Public game?
Reply Quote
There's an option to enable the option. Brilliant UI design.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 03:58 PMPosted by !@#$IsStupid

Monster Power is not available for Public Games.

How do people get to the forums without seeing those blogs anyways? Absolutely everything is explained in them.
Reply Quote
I cannot access open to public game mode with Monster Power.
Reply Quote
how to update?
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 04:00 PMPosted by !@#$IsStupid

MP is dynamic in multiplayer based on the number of players. you can't adjust MP in multiplayer.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Begaria

Monster Power is not available for Public Games.

How do people get to the forums without seeing those blogs anyways? Absolutely everything is explained in them.

Maybe because people like me have jobs and do not sit around all day with a thumb up our !@# reading blogs idiot.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 04:01 PMPosted by padako

MP is dynamic in multiplayer based on the number of players. you can't adjust MP in multiplayer.

Thanks. I hate playing these long Acts by myself.
Reply Quote
im in kansas and i still cant get in game, keeps telling me new patch will auto install but will not
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/16/2012 03:58 PMPosted by !@#$IsStupid

Monster Power isn't available for Public Games right now, but we're definitely considering opening up that option in the future.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Lylirra

Monster Power isn't available for Public Games right now, but we're definitely considering opening up that option in the future.

I find it kind of funny that Lylirra's post has a word blanked out ... even if it was someone's username
Reply Quote
its been 15 mins past the patch launch time and i still can not download it, please HELP !
Reply Quote
well i guess im in the wrong thread, could someone please tell me which is the rigtplace to go to so i can understand why am i not able to download the patch, PLEASE< HELP !
Reply Quote
why do i feel so ignored, i CAN NOT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH......SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!
Reply Quote
well i guess im in the wrong thread, could someone please tell me which is the rigtplace to go to so i can understand why am i not able to download the patch, PLEASE< HELP !

Auto downloaded and installed. Afterwards I closed out D3 and reopened and was able to log in and play.
Edited by ShitIsStupid#1460 on 10/16/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 04:20 PMPosted by commander
why do i feel so ignored, i CAN NOT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH......SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

tech support here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 04:07 PMPosted by padako

I find it kind of funny that Lylirra's post has a word blanked out ... even if it was someone's username

When I first bought D3 I had never played an online game before and thought it would be similar to D2. Didn't want to make an online account to play and thought that "This !@#$ is stupid" and type it in. I had know clue that this would be stuck with me forever.
Reply Quote
Just another stupid oversight by Blizzard. They don't want you to have advanced features because they like to simplify their game for the casuals.

Want to make your own build? Turn on Elective Mode, something that should've just been a core mechanic in the first place.

Want to be able to see exactly what your skills and spells do? Turn on Advanced Tooltips, a core mechanic that should be there in the first place.

Want to be able to use the Infernal Machine and actually increase the difficulty of the game for more reward? You need to turn it on in the Gameplay Options. Something that should've just been on by default.

Jay Wilson is famously quoted for "You can never have too much power." Well, it's the exact same damn thing for knowledge, Blizzard.

Cool patch though.

LOL
Even those who are not casuals dont easily get it.
They just dont want to see clutter in the UI, like how they limit the buffs icons in 5.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
if you want the gritty details.

I do.

Can u tell us if THAT bonus item can be "gold", "potions" or strictly "slot items"?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]