Diablo® III

Staff of herding plan - how to get rid of

So I got the plan again, and I can't throw it on the ground anywhere and I can't salvage it.
The only option I can think of is creating an alt, passing the item to it and deleting that char.

Any other idea how to get rid of it?
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Shadow
The only option I can think of is creating an alt, passing the item to it and deleting that char.

I was thinking of doing that.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just like CE dyes and Wings. Every new character I make gets them, yet I only need one set to be stored in the shared stash.
Reply Quote
Sell it to a vendor :)
Reply Quote
CE stuff can be sold to vendor for 1 gold. The staff can't be sold or thrown away
Reply Quote
Somehow I think it is not sellable. Can't try now, but will check later. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Random thought: I know for sure i've thrown a liquid rainbow on the ground, perhaps you can't throw it out while in co-op only? Try tossing it during a solo game?
Reply Quote
That's so strange. With the "upgrade" plans you buy, I know you can throw them on the ground.

Once I bought two accidentally and was able to toss the 2nd on the ground and leave the game.
Reply Quote
Tried in solo...does not work. Kinda lame!
Reply Quote
i have the same problem i picked mine up in inferno izzy
Reply Quote
Is this a new thing? I've gotten multiple plans and dropped them on the ground pre-1.0.5.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
create a new char put that crap in his inventory and then delete the char and it will go away...
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 09:38 PMPosted by MathMatt1333
Just dont pick them up idiot.

Oh My God!!! I would have NEVER thought of that!
Thanks for the useful post!

Seriously, he is an "idiot" for picking something up in a loot game? I had multiple plans as well and was able to get rid of them. I think I vendored them. I was playing solo and not open to public. It is likely an account bound issue. Try solo and unopen. Worst case, MathMatt1333 is willing to pay $50 for it.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/17/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Shadow
Any other idea how to get rid of it?

The intent is for players to be able to drop the Staff of Herding plans on the ground as a means of removing the item from their inventory...however, there's currently a bug preventing that from happening. Our QA team has already documented the issue and passed it along to our developers (who are looking into the matter currently).

I'm unable to say if the issue can be resolved via hotfix, but at the very least we're looking to address it in an upcoming patch.
Reply Quote
Thanks Lylirra.
Reply Quote
create a new char, put the scroll in its inventory, delete the char
done.
Reply Quote
Thanks Lylirra
Reply Quote
can these plans still be gotten from izual on normal difficulty? been trying for several hours now, you can imagine how many times ive killed him. i know its off topic but id like to know please if someone could tell me.
Reply Quote
create a new char, put the scroll in its inventory, delete the char
done.

THIS

Maybe someone could pass this qoute up to the QA team so they can work on an issue players actually care about... !?!?

THIS is the type of post blues anwser????? ERRRRRRR. It's so frustrating I'm starting to type more immature with caps and multiple punctuation.
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/1/2012 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]