Diablo® III

Monster Power turns off after leaving game..?

Is this intended? Every time I log out or even simply leave a game, the monster power option turns off. Meaning I have to go back in options, click the check box to enable it, and then pick a quest with the appropriate monster power. Even if I hit a checkpoint, leave, and hit resume immediately, monster power is now of and I'm MP0...

What's the purpose of having to set and enable it every game, or just bug?
Reply Quote
Same thing for me. I can't imagine that it would be on purpose... at least I hope not. I don't see a reason why you should have to re-enter anything once you've set it unless you intentionally want to change the setting down the road.

This is a bug right? I'm actually liking MP a great deal over the old, more boring difficulty level, but I would like to be able to just "resume" my game with all settings in tact like before, not have to go through the setup and options menu every time I restart.
Reply Quote
Noticed this on test server and its something they've kept for for the live 1.05 client. Not sure if it was intentional but they need to hot fix it. It's annoying and unneccessary.
Reply Quote
I'm not seeing this issue. As a test, I logged out completely, logged back in, and my MP was the same.
Reply Quote
i noticed this as well. sometimes it happen, sometimes it doesnt.

pretty sure it 100% happens if u afk out of any MP game or join any game that wasnt your game.

personally, i think the mp toggle in the main menu is illogical and should be relocated to a easy on/off such as the GEM BUTTON in original bnet d2.

november 20th cant come soon enough, though.
Reply Quote
Hmm... I never jump in and out of games. Haven't even switched characters yet since 1.05. I just enable MP, got to the quest log and set the MP level I want and then start my current Act II run where I left off, haven't skipped around or changed char at all, joined any co-op games or anything. Everything is fine until I exit the game. Hours later or next day, start the game and have to do it all over again.

I did have to reset everything in my options the first day (except key bindings) all options where at their defaults after 1.05, maybe my implementation has a glitch then? Guess time will tell... I do hope they hotfix it though or tell us how to fix the buggy install if that is what it turns out to be. It's not a game killer or anything, but even after having to do this 4 times it's already annoying lol!
Reply Quote
Might be so you don't accidentally log onto a game with insanely high MP with someone that can't handle it. I'm sure this will save many HC players.
Reply Quote
Same thing for me. I can't imagine that it would be on purpose... at least I hope not. I don't see a reason why you should have to re-enter anything once you've set it unless you intentionally want to change the setting down the road.

This is a bug right? I'm actually liking MP a great deal over the old, more boring difficulty level, but I would like to be able to just "resume" my game with all settings in tact like before, not have to go through the setup and options menu every time I restart.

This is not how it works for me. It is saved all my toons have it turned on, and if I have run one on a higher MP, when I go to that toon, it is saved as the default.
Reply Quote
Sounds like the code for MP is kinda messy or something. Maybe they'll sort it out soon now that it's live and hotfix it then. Seems like their are a lot of variations to it's behavior. Hopefully they straighten it out soon then!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We're currently investigating the issue of the Monster Power option sometimes turning off when players log out or leave a game.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Vaeflare
We're currently investigating the issue of the Monster Power option sometimes turning off when players log out or leave a game.

Thanks! I was noticing this happen too. I've had to reactivate monster power after I've defeated a boss and left the game.
Edited by oranid#1133 on 10/18/2012 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Thanks for looking into this, I thought it was an "undocumented feature".
Reply Quote
Thanks! I have noticed this too.
Reply Quote

Yes, it has happened to me twice already. The 2nd time I didn't even know until I got like 2 stacks of NV... I thought.. wait a minute, something isn't right. Monsters were dying way too quick. I thought I was so awesome!
Reply Quote
I'm curious as to why Monster Power even needs to be a selected option? Being that the default is MP0 (normal play) even with the box marked, why does there need to be a box at all? It seems a bit strange to me.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Scotchisin
I'm curious as to why Monster Power even needs to be a selected option? Being that the default is MP0 (normal play) even with the box marked, why does there need to be a box at all? It seems a bit strange to me.
Me too. I've been saying this since day 1 of the PTR. It doesn't make any sense. Just like elective mode TBH. There is no reason to have it off in the options ever.
Reply Quote
my monster power option was disabled after I visited the Auction House.
Reply Quote
30 Gnome Warrior
Glad to hear you're looking into this! In the meanwhile, I guess we have to check it each time we start a game. At least by looking at our magic/money find and Exp. to see if we're getting the boost.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
This might have something to with entering the auction house and/or switching between hardcore and softcore. I do both frequently and I also lose my saved MP status often.

Galx
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]