Diablo® III

Crash after 1.0.5 update

Support Forum Agent
@Aldur/SniwyekiM/Damoot- Ya'lls issue is the exact same, and this is something that is being actively investigated. When I know more, I'll find out, but there is no ETA on this. I'll keep an open ear out for this.

@aztecwarrior/elcriuz- If you don't post your error report IDs, I won't know if this is the same specific crash.
Edited by Machkhan on 10/18/2012 3:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi, I have the same crash reports and i can't change to a better resolution on the options menu after this 1.0.5 update.

Anyone with the same problem? The only resolution that works is 800x600 and it sucks.

Didn,t have the problem before this update.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You may not have the exact same crash report, as the report ID themselves link to the reports in our system. You won't be able to compare it to others. If you have the report ID, I can look it up.

As far as the resolution issue, please refer to this thread here. We don't want to start mixing up or hijacking threads and post solutions for different issues.
Reply Quote
Same issue here. On the Mac Pro it crashes the moment I resume/start a game, while it works fine on the Macbook Pro. Both with Mountain Lion installed.

6D0E6C9B-45CD-4C34-872C-CC90B5707128
Reply Quote
@jaez9000: exact same scnenario here. I heard somewhere it has to do with machines with more than 10 CPU cores
Reply Quote
Interesting - I'll have to try it on my MBP and see if I get the same issue.
Reply Quote
@Machkhan: Here is my CrashID:
6C51A7F1-8AA7-4F7B-9010-32717A6A4704
Reply Quote
I'm having crashes on a similar MacPro. Report ID: 6C5E8850-07C8-49A1-AB0E-4401151C7293
Reply Quote
The good question is :

Can you play 1.0.5 on a Mac ?

CC6C3C18-53A4-40EC-BC07-515353C9E4A6 for me......
Reply Quote
Same crash issue with me. Crashes the moment I move my character. 1.05 was working fine until this afternoon. Since then unplayable. Mac Pro 12 cores. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, same behaviour.

Error ID
1B1E852D-5EB2-4038-9AC6-0086F89E40BE
Edited by Lexicon#1783 on 10/19/2012 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unacceptable!

My evening is ruiend!
18550BE9-27EB-4B99-BD4A-8D2875A871C6
Reply Quote
71 Human Monk
Game crashed again. It's totally unplayable at the moment. 3/3 times it's happened to me during a loot drop and twice during an elite mob loot drop. I've deleted cache and all that jazz, nothing works.

78FC0656-0C50-4705-ACEA-6EE87D3BC8E5
Reply Quote
NOTE: Completely uninstalled as per instructions. Reinstalled game (from download). Double checked all folder permissions. Tried different character, same game crash. Tried different video resolutions and modes, same game crash. Tried going back to normal difficulty, no monster power, still crashed.

I'm at a total loss of what to try next. Please tell me there is something else to try. Or that another hotfix will be released tonight to fix this infuriating issue.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, just wanted to point out that there's an issue with systems with more than 8 cores. It's listed under the Known Issues topic on this forum. Those with Mac Pros are probably experiencing this.
Reply Quote
Workaround:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934364389#1
Reply Quote
Edit: solved my problem by deleting cache and agents.db (I had bugged gems -> loot drop with gem -> crash). I have deleted only cache folder before to solve freeze lags, as suggested in another thread. I guess that caused my bugged gem behavior, because agents.db referenced deleted cache files or something similar...
Edited by wretch#1292 on 10/21/2012 4:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The workaround did the trick - I tuned it down to 7 cores, and haven't crashed since.
Reply Quote
The workaround did the trick - I tuned it down to 7 cores, and haven't crashed since.
Reply Quote
Machkhan, thank you for responding and keep us updated. It helps a lot to know we are being heard.

I am going to try out the workaround (2x6 core Mac Pro, which is more than the 8 cores mentioned in the workaround) but first I have to upgrade to OS X 10.8. My older xCode 3.2.6 does not show an option to disable multi-threading or cores, that I can find.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]