Diablo® III

plan: staff of herding

I have already learned this plan but i forgot. Now, i picked it up accidentally and read it saying (already know) having trouble trying to drop it on floor. Now its in my inventory and its just taking up space. HELP!!! Can't get rid of it.
Edited by Demon#1503 on 10/17/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue.
Reply Quote
yup same here I was doing a mfn run in infernal and pick it up after Izual now I can't drop it!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893610645#3
We changed this in the 1.0.3 patch because a lot of players were accidentally dropping these items. Now that these items are no longer white items and have specific colors, the developers want to revisit this.

The current workaround is to put the item in your stash, make a new character, have the new character get the item from your stash, and then delete the item. That will at least let you get rid of the extra items you have.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem for the "Plan: Staff of Herding" text.

It's space can't be reclaimed because the tome must be carried or placed in stash.

Any attempt to drop it displays the error message: "That item is not allowed there."
Reply Quote
Create a new char, place unwanted (undroppable) items in its inventory and delete the character.
Problem solved
Reply Quote
Same problem here. Making a new character is NOT an option nor a "work around" and it is not even up to being labeled "Lame".
FIX THE PROBLEM IDIOTS!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
11/09/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Lylirra
We've already got a fix planned, though, that will allow you to drop the item on the ground or "sell" it for 0 gold to a vendor.

This will probably require a client patch, so even if they've already fixed it on their end, it won't be fixed for the players until the next patch.
Reply Quote
All you have to do is put it in your stash, make a new guy, put plan on new guy, and delete new guy. Plan no longer on your account....
Reply Quote
I have the same problem (accidentally bought a second upgrade plan, for staff of herding nightmare, I hope that issue will also be fixed, so it will give a message to prevent purchase, as I am also frustrated to have wasted 20,000). Cannot drop, cannot vendor, cannot make Haedrig learn it as he knows the plan already. I cannot just make a new character and then delete character as I have used all my character slots already.

Support: Any chance of knowing when the fix/patch will be applied/updated?
Reply Quote
Reporting the Same Issue.
Reply Quote
Reporting the same issue.
I solved with the abovementioned workaround.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
This has been fixed on the PTR, and thus should be fixed in 1.0.7.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/Public_Test_Realm_--_Patch_107_Notes-1_15_2013#bugfixes
  • Plans: Staff of Herding can now be dropped on the ground, or sold to a vendor for 0 gold
Edited by DashLektrik#1704 on 1/16/2013 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]