Diablo® III

Xah Rith WAY too tough for regular story mode

(Locked)

I decided to play my barb for the first time in a long time today. It was a lot of fun until I got to Xah. He was waaaay too tough. So then I adjusted my skills. He still pwned me instantly. Then i went to the AH and spent a decent penny to nearly dbl my DMG, and increase defense by a decent amount too. Still, very very difficult and still can not kill him. For the regular story mode he is WAY too strong.
It can only be a bug. I am having the same trouble. One hit from him and I'm done. And there's no way to avoid it with a melee character.
Community Manager
10/18/2012 06:00 PMPosted by salvador
It can only be a bug.

It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.
Agree, way out of balance with the rest of the level. Makes Act 3 battlements a pia.
View profile
I don't know. I have run into him twice since the patch on MP1 and have easily taken him out.

He does hit hard but not enough to kill me in one hit. I typically have War Cry and Battle Rage going so I pop Ignore Pain and WoB when I see him and then just take him down.

One thing that helps a lot is LoH and I have about 2K right now.
i vote for simply changing the spawn location, just put him in some dungeon (barracks, ice caverns, foundry for example).

keep the spice in the game please.
I believe that key wardens should not spawn at monster power zero since there is no chances for keys.
Already killed him twice with my monk and this is inferno hardcore and my gears in no way shape or form godly.

L2play.
10/18/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Wtflag
I believe that key wardens should not spawn at monster power zero since there is no chances for keys.

There is a 5% chance at MP 0
This keywarden is by far the hardest. I killed him several times (mp3) with my WD but it's really a pain in the @ss and I usually die at least once. I try to stay max range by my primary (bomb) has limited range. my pets die very fast too.
It's not unbeatable, but i wouldn't say it's a challenging fight... it's cheap and unforgiving.
Edited by Reliq#2131 on 10/18/2012 7:24 PM PDT
I know one of the keyward guys spawns in a 100% unavoidable spot if I was a dev I would just move him possibly put him in the caves outside the bridge.
View profile
10/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
It can only be a bug.

It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

As long as he doesn't spawn right at the entrance to stonefort I'm fine.

Played today and almost died 3 times because he kept spawning right at the entrance and couldn't get past
10/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
It can only be a bug.

Since the game tracks how Hardcore players died, can you run a report on how many HC players have died to Keywardens?

Or even better what % of HC deaths have been due to Keywardens since 1.0.5 came out? I would LOVE to know this =)
All the wardens spawn n different parts of the map every game, when looking for them, 90 percent of the times they are in a tiny corner out of the way of everything. And usually end up searching almost the entire map before finding them.

I dont think the key wardens should be changed nor where they spawn. Its random. Just lke the loot. Wait they can always double it :)

Id vote for 2 key wardens in each act, this way i have double the chance to find the key.
Its hard at mp7 but guess what roll a you know who the one that spins while gokou mode gg lol
lol I was wondering how long before the crying threads started about that guy. I'm sure bliz will nerf it and make him easy just like they do for everyone else.
I don't have trouble killing Xah'rith at all, I killed him every time when doing act3 runs. On the other hand, Nekarat is much challenging to kill and thank God, we only have to get the plan once.
View profile
Blizzard: Do not Nerf this Keywarden. He is fine at the difficulty he currently is

Please just start buffing our classes, i feel so weak as a Wizard :(
I want to feel powerful and not forced into cheap builds like CM

You did it with WD why not Wizards, Monks and DHs?

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Edited by ShadowStarr5#1189 on 10/18/2012 7:43 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]