Diablo® III

Xah Rith WAY too tough for regular story mode

(Locked)

View profile
Sigh... l2read people.

Thread title: Xah Rith WAY too tough for regular story mode

We are not talking about how hard he is on Inferno MPX, we are talking about him 1-3 shotting players in NORMAL OFF-SCREEN.

Yay, so apparently you can kite him to some stairs for a cheap kill... 'cept he will still probably kill you before you see him.

Unless you have tried to face him in NORMAL with an appropriate character (lvl & gear) and apparently the problem persists in NM (possibly HELL as well), plz !@#$ or make you own thread.

well tbh he didnt get me or the pub group of hardcore players i was in when we came across him in normal. though it was pretty close. he came outta nowhere and nearly got me and the barb. the mage just got out as soon as that happened and telported ... lol.

worse part about all this is he spawned right at the last catapult for questing :(
we did manage to get the quest done, but only after getting him to teleport to the far end where a npc kept him semi busy and we could then click the thing for the catapult.
Community Manager
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/
View profile
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/

good to know.
i actually ran into him on hardcore nightmare today in a pub game. it was just my monk and a wiz. we killed xarith :D
•The following changes have been made to Xah'rith the Keywarden:
•He can no longer spawn with the Illusionist or Fast affix
•The damage dealt by a number of his abilities has been reduced
•The movement speed reduction applied by his Cold attacks has been reduced
•His size has been slightly reduced

Sounds like XarRith simply got married. About the same things happened to me 17yrs ago.
Just sayin.. ;)
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty: ...

I have yet to try this hotfix out, but on paper the nerfs to Xah'rith looks to be pretty excessive. Then again less time to kill works for me...
View profile
10/23/2012 12:12 PMPosted by JMT
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty: ...

I have yet to try this hotfix out, but on paper the nerfs to Xah'rith looks to be pretty excessive. Then again less time to kill works for me...

They were. I appreciate it but.......too much.

My Monk and a DH friend ran into him and an elite pack (MP5), smoked them both no prob.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 10/23/2012 12:19 PM PDT
View profile
•The following changes have been made to Xah'rith the Keywarden:
•He can no longer spawn with the Illusionist or Fast affix
•The movement speed reduction applied by his Cold attacks has been reduced
•His size has been slightly reduced

Sounds like XarRith simply got married. About the same things happened to me 17yrs ago.
Just sayin.. ;)

There comes a time in every man's life when he just needs to settle down and no longer spawn with the illusionist or fast affix.
View profile
Does he still have his own illusion ability? It seemed to work differently than the normal one that elite packs use...
View profile
10/23/2012 12:22 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Does he still have his own illusion ability? It seemed to work differently than the normal one that elite packs use...

No. Read the notes @OP
View profile
^ pretty big nerf but at least i don't have to fight him on stair anymore
I think it's fine. Beat him on MP 1-3. Died maybe once.
10/23/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty

Thank you for that! :)
That warden certainly was a bit more powered then his other "brothers".
I don't understand why he was nerfed. Sure, I would die once every other time I faced him, but he wasn't ridiculously overpowered. Its inferno, its supposed to be hard.
I've fought him post-patch as well. It was nice to not get wrecked by him, but as others are saying, he may be overnerfed. I had an easy time with him not because of his lost affixes, but because he didn't cast his rain of corpses spell at all and he was alive at least 30 seconds.
10/23/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty
awesome. I just killed him and thought I was gonna die when I ran into him all of a sudden lol
I don't understand why he was nerfed. Sure, I would die once every other time I faced him, but he wasn't ridiculously overpowered. Its inferno, its supposed to be hard.
Now apply that to Hardcore mode. You can't die at all in Hardcore and the keywarden hit too hard compared to other mobs/elites in the same difficulty mode. That means you didn't die because of a mistake but rather an overtuned mob. Would you want to die to that? Thought not.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 10/23/2012 1:15 PM PDT
10/23/2012 01:13 PMPosted by speedforce
awesome. I just killed him and thought I was gonna die when I ran into him all of a sudden lol
Now apply that to Hardcore mode. You can't die at all in Hardcore and the keywarden hit too hard compared to other mobs/elites in the same difficulty mode. That means you didn't die because of a mistake but rather an overtuned mob. Would you want to die to that? Thought not.

AND add NORMAL mode, where he was hard... he is easy in inferno compared to normal (relatively speaking, comparing him to other mobs in the same area).
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty: [Removed due to stupid error]

Is PvP coming before 2013?

Your post contains invalid or restricted HTML code.

And please fix this stupid error when making a quote from someone who has an URL.
he is harder than other three keywardens. his AOE just does too much damage and he teleports around.
If I was playing Hardcore I would not try to face him until I had the gear to be much stronger than I am right now..My gear is junk and Im stuck on Rakanoth atm.
10/23/2012 12:17 PMPosted by BurningRope
They were. I appreciate it but.......too much.

Right
I think this alone is enough

10/23/2012 12:21 PMPosted by ChangBooster
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]