Diablo® III

Xah Rith WAY too tough for regular story mode

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
I was kicking !@# and taking names on my hardcore barb. Then Xah decided that I wouldn't be making it past act III :l. He just popped out and kicked my poor barb's face in before I could react, though this was before the hotfix. Hopefully he's better now...
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7634966/

• He can no longer spawn with the Illusionist or Fast affix
  • The damage dealt by a number of his abilities has been reduced
  • The movement speed reduction applied by his Cold attacks has been reduced
  • His size has been slightly reduced

Thanks for that.

However, I must observe that the difficulty is being shifted from one extreme to the other. What is the thought process that goes into implementing new "gameplay" features?

If a coder simply plugged in a new enemy without thinking about the gameplay, then that's pretty sloppy.

If a tester didn't rig up multiple characters and get a feel for the gameplay, then that's not due diligence.

If a sales or marketing person said "do it, do it, do it, screw them it's just a game," then that person doesn't really understand the product.
10/23/2012 01:06 PMPosted by jefe247
I don't understand why he was nerfed. Sure, I would die once every other time I faced him, but he wasn't ridiculously overpowered. Its inferno, its supposed to be hard.

Those who don't understand never saw him during normal progression of quests. Inferno might have been easy, but try him with something other than a lvl 60 in a different difficulty. I only managed to see him twice in Nightmare with lvl 46. Both were Illusionists and I swear they were Fast also, not that I could tell for sure. Needless to say my progression past Diablo in NM was easy compared to him.
10/23/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty

Lost my level 28 monk to him on normal MP10 only 15 minutes before hotfix :(
10/23/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Phantasy
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty

Lost my level 28 monk to him on normal MP10 only 15 minutes before hotfix :(

Wait, so you didn't know he was there and could cause you trouble? Because, I'm guessing you did if it was 15 mins before the hotfix. why not wait for the fix? Or, do that part not on MP10 with a hc character...
I don't understand why he was nerfed. Sure, I would die once every other time I faced him, but he wasn't ridiculously overpowered. Its inferno, its supposed to be hard.

Those who don't understand never saw him during normal progression of quests. Inferno might have been easy, but try him with something other than a lvl 60 in a different difficulty. I only managed to see him twice in Nightmare with lvl 46. Both were Illusionists and I swear they were Fast also, not that I could tell for sure. Needless to say my progression past Diablo in NM was easy compared to him.

+1 For me I didn't care about inferno difficulty it was the difficulty of him while levelling. First run through of the game i.e. on normal I had no problem basically one shotting everything even with the terrible gear that I found along the way. Then I stumbled across this guy a few hours after the patch drops and he would instakill me if I ever got hit by the corpse rain which I couldn't run fast enough to stay out of. I went and bought some better gear on the AH but still would barely survive the frozen corpse rain. Eventually he bugged out on the stairs and wouldn't attack so I could kill him and move on. This was on MP0 btw, then I continued and one-shot every boss with MP8. He shouldn't be the hardest fight in the game by far during normal leveling regardless of what he is set to for the endgame.
Edited by stren#1178 on 10/23/2012 9:36 PM PDT
10/23/2012 12:12 PMPosted by JMT
Just in case you didn't see it this morning, we recently made some hotfixes which affect Xah'rith's difficulty: ...

I have yet to try this hotfix out, but on paper the nerfs to Xah'rith looks to be pretty excessive. Then again less time to kill works for me...

Wow, so I tried this guy last night and must say it was a huge nerf! I don't have some of the skills others may have and I definitely have shi.ttier gear than most and I was able to destroy this guy without seeing my health drop below 95% of my globe. Usually I'd have to run away and wait for potion CD to wear off on this guy, but not anymore. Kinda lame if you ask me...
They overdo the nerf lol, now before he was a nghtmare, now is a joke...
85 Human Warrior
Foo

Update:

I just got him again, but this time out in the open. He killed me 3 times, but I got him in the end. Maybe it is just his spawn point. Take away the one by the entrance and it should be fine.

I like a challenge, don't nerf everything.

Play HC.

Don't play MP10 as HC. Only had a problem on him with high MP.

Play HC.

Don't play MP10 as HC. Only had a problem on him with high MP.

MP doesn't increase monster damage done in Normal (or NM and a HELL). The problem with him wasn't that he had a lot of hp, but that he 1-3 shotted people.

After hotfix people are saying he does roughly 800 damage / attack with decent armor/resists on NM... he used to do roughly 1.5k damage / attack with good armor/resists on NORMAL.

So yeah... maybe he is more in line with the rest of the mobs now, as he used to do twice the damage in Normal that he currently does in NM.

Fail testers are fail testers.
Edited by Elvis#1501 on 10/25/2012 7:26 AM PDT
10/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

Put him in the Killing Fields. Nice wide open area, easy to avoid him if the player has no reason to fight him or just doesn't want to fight him.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]