Diablo® III

Xah Rith WAY too tough for regular story mode

(Locked)

10/18/2012 08:53 PMPosted by EBEFKisara
god you are all so stupid. seriously you are actually voting on moviing the location of this guy? this is why this game fail is because of noobs like you. ok, if the keywarden is right at the stairs of stonefort when you teleport there you should be the happiest person in the world that means all you have to do is get 5 stacks in keep depths and kill him. if he is at the stairs that saves you the trouble from haveing to look for him in the winding of stonefort. lol seriously OP you are just bad and so is anyone else saying this key boss is too hard lololol you guys just dont have it cut out to play this game. i have 9 infernal machines lol meaning i killed this key boss many times to get that many keys lol you people just suck at the game. Blizz leave this boss the way he is and dont listen to the cry babies who cant figure out AI attack patterns. LMFAO!

See, people? This man right here is one clever piece of human being! Listen to him, and you will be the wiser! Thanks for your contribution, brother.
10/18/2012 07:27 PMPosted by EBEFKisara
dude if this game fails its becaus of little baby whiners like you. get etter gear learn how to predict enemies attack pattern and quit making stupid posts complainig about how bad you are. LMFAO seriously you cant beat the act 3 key warden? oh my god you fail!

its nearly fricking impossible to DODGE alot of attacks seeing some moron of a game designer thought it would be too good a thing. So we got hitboxes the size of the damn screen. I was fighting the Organ monster in Fields of misery and he was hitting me w/ spears no matter how much i weaved around them yet i could easily dodge his fire ball attack . makes alot of sense. not to mention the spear slows u down considerably so if u dont have a skill to nullify it u can die rather easy. Not everyone plays the auction house so !@#$.
My $0.02:

1) DONT nerf a3 keywarden, move him to fields.
2) buff a1+a2 keywardens to match the difficulty of a3,a4. (I know there is some debate as to whether a2 keywarden is easy or not as is because of his anti ranged affixes, but at the very least we can agree on a1...)
3) nerf Zoltun Breaker (or Siege Kulle...w/e) to match the other 2 battles. It is kinda ridiculous.
4) buff wizard and monks (for possible specifics, see every third general forum thread)

r3born
Edited by r3born#1366 on 10/18/2012 9:09 PM PDT
You can choose to fight him any way you want. the stair aproach should be hot fix.
but it is damn good tip to take him down fast.
Although personally I found him pretty straight forward, throughout the entire fight I was thinking about how on earth less geared characters were meant to hurt him (I was playing on mp7 at the time)

I think the difficulty for this guy on mp5+ is fine, after all the people who play on this level are asking for it. Maybe nerf him for the normal 3-4?
He's not too difficult with my DH on MP1-4. I don't think he needs nerfing at all. I don't think classes need buffs either.
Edited by Caradoc#1529 on 10/18/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Don't nerf the guy, but move him to one of the towers that are out of the way. That way people have to option to fight him or not. Right now especially for hardcore mode, you can't really avoid him and he's way too strong compared to the rest of the mobs.
Like I stated in a thread I created earlier (before seeing this one with a Blue response), something is seriously amiss when a Keywarden in a particular act is much more difficult to kill than the final boss for that same act.

Please reduce their damage across the board and in return, add different abilities that they can also use. Make the fights more fun, but still doable as long as you have a strategy.

I mean, in each run you do, the toughest elite pack is gonna be tougher than that act's final boss too...
this guy is stupid..
cant avoid anything he does...
you get caught in that slow area is game over..

spawn copies and they cover every inch of ground in that slow.

kinda stupid to make this guy harder to kill then siegebreaker..
Killed him with my WD on MP5 and MP4.

MP4 kill video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmV2r97bZBM

Though I agree that he is comparatively harder than other keywardens. Especially his AOE. My pets were killed in no time by the AOE.
It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

Take the keywarden, put a random location sparkly pedestal in its random place wherever it spawns and simply have anyone who wants to kill a keywarden click it to spawn the keywarden...problem solved....I have no idea why you guys made them always there anyway, especially on non inferno games
10/18/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Sanosuke
Yes he is the hardest key Boss, but also very easy if you fight him on the stairs. His AOE atack seem to be mitigated severly by standing in any stair case

in a narrow corridor he is toast to AOE since his images can't do squat :D
10/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
It can only be a bug.

It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

just move xah rith to one of the staircases in the rakkis bridge, or a corner of the fields of slaughter,or one of the arreat craters fork that is no where obstructs the path from entrance to exit.
10/18/2012 08:21 PMPosted by animal
Yeah, my hardcore toon ran into him today and got destroyed. I'm bummed. Don't really feel like rolling another one now.

Sadly, this is exactly why I think Blizzard should announce somewhere very visible when they make changes like this that could easily kill hardcore characters.

Also, I suggest all hardcore players give the PTR a try for a while before each patch so that you know what to expect and not get surprised by some addition you knew nothing of. That is, of course, assuming that they continue to use the PTR in the future.

You mean like the big blog post on the front page detailing each keywarden and their spawn locations?
I tried 4times using all sorts of combination of skills to try and kill even one. Sadly, my character keeps dying and I end up fixing my armors too much.
I sure hope they lower the keywarden a bit so tat I don't always end up farmin gold just to constantly repair it after gettin killed by the warden.
Cuz it eventually will just take the fun out of it.
10/18/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Fruit
god you are all so stupid. seriously you are actually voting on moviing the location of this guy? this is why this game fail is because of noobs like you. ok, if the keywarden is right at the stairs of stonefort when you teleport there you should be the happiest person in the world that means all you have to do is get 5 stacks in keep depths and kill him. if he is at the stairs that saves you the trouble from haveing to look for him in the winding of stonefort. lol seriously OP you are just bad and so is anyone else saying this key boss is too hard lololol you guys just dont have it cut out to play this game. i have 9 infernal machines lol meaning i killed this key boss many times to get that many keys lol you people just suck at the game. Blizz leave this boss the way he is and dont listen to the cry babies who cant figure out AI attack patterns. LMFAO!

See, people? This man right here is one clever piece of human being! Listen to him, and you will be the wiser! Thanks for your contribution, brother.

Except he had to be the typical douche while saying that.
yea his slow and then drop stuff on you is such a pain even as a range character and i dont know if its how i have my screen set but most the time i can hardly see where his slow then rain of whatever that stuff is that owns me comes down tell its to late .. he is by far the hardest keywarden
Edited by FiSH#1988 on 10/18/2012 10:13 PM PDT
He really needs to be more remote. One of my lower level chars got absolutely destroyed as I was going through storymode. Hardcore characters will also greatly struggle to get past him.
Killed him 5-6 times in MP3 and twice in MP4, and he is a huge pain... All other keywardens I can take out with zero difficulty, but this guy just spams his freeze attack so fast I have to kite at the edge of the screen and shoot randomly and hope I hit him.

He's probably a lot easier with a melee class, but way out of the difficulty he should be in for ranged classes at least.
[quote="69333497375"]We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions..

way, way too hard. there shouldnt be such difficulty spikes. it is not fun to have to spend 30M just to be able to kill one guy!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]