Diablo® III

Xah Rith WAY too tough for regular story mode

(Locked)

10/18/2012 11:29 PMPosted by spgeise
The Act 3 warden is pretty tough but I personally am getting frustrated as HELL with the Act 2 guy with my wizard. Vortex + his spinning blades, missile dampen + teleport away, and top it off with mortars? How the hell do you solo him with a ranged class? I think it's a bit unbalanced. Anyone else?

I can kill him with my wiz, but it is very tough. Here's what i do to for a little extra boost. Do the Scourging of Caldeum quest. Then save or kill all the peasants. (more fun to aim for fireballs), then when that is complete and u open up the gate with Leah, walk inside and Teleport to base. They will follow you since you're technically on the quest heading towards the palace. Adria and Leah don't die but act as a tank. I do the same thing in act 3 with Tyrael and Rakki's Crossing on the Siegebreaker quest.
All the wardens are fine...if you can't handle it either go down a level or get more dps...

i can kill all 3 of them fairly easily on mp7...frankly it's far more annoying to get up to 5 packs with each one having 20m hp. Even at 200k dps they take a while.
should be placed in one of the fields so he can be avoided if neccicary but yea hes way op perhaps lower the damage on the falling boddies and stuff only chance i had is if i can get in there quick for the freeze lock and still he ports out sometimes and poof im dead 1 second
It's cool that they take a while to kill. I'm just saying they are too tough if you're playing for the story.. Stonefort is a terrible location for him.
Well, here's my story. I'm playing on Hardcore with 10 different characters, so obviously I haven't reached inferno with either of them yet and was thus not concerned with any of the Infernal Machine / Keywarden stuff.

Anyway I was playing with my lvl 28 Barb in the beginning of Act 3 on Normal (no MP!) to help out a friend. I can almost 1-shot everything up there. But then we came upon the Act 3 keywarden in Stonefort. What the ****?! If it wasn't for the 3 potions I've taken during that fight, he would have 2-shot me. The keywarden is WAY op in comparison to the rest of the Act and feels very out-of-place. As a HC character it is key to know how far you can go with your current gear. But this Keywarden severely degrades your safety even in areas where you can farm comfortably.

I wonder how many unsuspecting HC characters died on his bloody hands this week!?
Since the game tracks how Hardcore players died, can you run a report on how many HC players have died to Keywardens?

Or even better what % of HC deaths have been due to Keywardens since 1.0.5 came out? I would LOVE to know this =)

I'd love to hear statistics about that as well... :)
10/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
It can only be a bug.

It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

When will you throw some loving at hardcore mode?

Everything is a test when we burn so much time playing hardcore with many risks yet nothing rewarding.
i wonder why none talks about the warden in a4 lol that dude is even harder or the same cos he is always near 1 2 elite packs and have to fight all of them at once
my opinion nerf a 3 and a 4 wardens they only serve for keys uber is the challenge, enough as it is rings have crap rolls don't want to spend extra time on keys
10/18/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Gergall

It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

Since the game tracks how Hardcore players died, can you run a report on how many HC players have died to Keywardens?

Or even better what % of HC deaths have been due to Keywardens since 1.0.5 came out? I would LOVE to know this =)

Xah Rith is kicking our as$es, but we'll figure im out eventually...
mobs too op = nerf

mobs too weak = buff damage multiplier & affixes

same goes for players too, did we forget about it not?

DH cannot go solo in MP5 not to mention higher MP levels without dying a couple (or maybe alot more times) of times especially when there ie reflect mobs. I have seen uber DH's built with 600 - 750 all res base with 250k to 280k dps without SS and still get pwned! hahahahahaahhah!

ToC / Gloom = useless now lol! what build diversity was Blizzard saying? Fantastic Life Regen, LoH, LaK and take something like 30mins to kill a pack of elites? Hahahahahahahahaha!

I feel that when Blizzard mentions build diversity, it means lower your DPS, take LONGER (x10) time to kill mobs so that you can play the game longer and its more fun that way (Game's KPI's in concern?), flying through the mobs blasting everything in sight is not considered fun.......oh well, each has their opinions

I pity DH class now as they are practically useless without a Barb or WD or Wiz i.e useless on it's own.......been there and tried it and recorded.....feel like giving up DH for good....
Xah Rith was the first keywarden I tried (MP3). Got my 5 stack easily enough working backwards from Core of Arreat (though I noticed I was taking far more damage compared to PTR where I was able to comfortably do these areas in MP5).

Encountered him near the tail end of Stonefort. He was accompanied by a mortar/horde elite pack which I initially did not see since he was proccing illusionist at the time. Ended up dying to the elite pack due to that. After I pulled the elite mob away (closer to the Stonefort waypoint) and taking that out, it took me 6 tries to take out the keywarden. Most of my deaths came from the falling bodies when I didn't teleport out in time or got slowed. I was using Storm Armor/Shocking Aspect during that run and basically had to run around just out of his attack range letting the lightning strikes and my enchantress do damage. When he teleported to me, that was the when I dealt out whatever damage I could before moving out of range again and repeated the process of running around.

I thought it was just me but after seeing a few posts about this, his abilities came across as unbalanced compared to everything else on that MP difficulty.
I agree he's too tough.

His frozen corpses attack gets spammed too often and can't be avoided because it's too fast.
Ranged classes will not have issues with Xarith, but he's incredibly unbalanced for melee characters who have to be next to him to deal damage. I'm not even sure how much damage his AOE spell does, but it 2 or 3 shots me. My gear allows me to do MP 5 decently, yet I can't even beat this warden.
I was questing with a friend and ran into this guy. My friend and I were both using 2 level 40 barbs and we couldn't even hardly get close to him. The keywardens are EXTREMELY difficult and he was right in our way so we had to leave the game.
Actually, I find the guy in act 4 a bigger pain.

This is at mp7.
Edited by SGHyper#2649 on 10/19/2012 2:05 AM PDT
Another friend of mine who hadn't died in ages, just lost his lvl 58 wizard on the keywarden of Act 3 on Hell (no MP) :(.
Actually, I find the guy in act 4 a bigger pain.

This is at mp7.
This has already been stated. His life regen debuff lasts too long and gets spammed like crazy (as any other elite ability in 1.05 it seems).

At least, once he drops the plan, you can see him no more.
Every game needs a version of "Ruby Weapon" (for FF7 fans). The act 3 warden is a great challenge and it's a good rush to kill him and think: 'god, that was close'.

I'm not even close to mp5-10 like some of you, but on mp1-2, the warden is a lot of fun in party or solo. Just need a bit of thought into what strategy to use.

Blizz, if you are going to nerf this warden, please only fix the radius of the grounded ice aura. Otherwise, leave it as is.

What's the point of farming for awesome gear if you don't get a chance to try it out?
Just reduce the ice radius and keep current damage level. the ice basically covered the whole god damn screen, this is why it feel broken. also make an animation when it casting ice so the player know when to start running.
Edited by pk9394#1401 on 10/19/2012 3:22 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]