Diablo® III

Xah Rith WAY too tough for regular story mode

(Locked)

yeah, i have same trouble, those things are too strong.
Just one thing I want to mention, don't move him to the those ice caves. Some have suggested this (and I've already got an infernal machine now so it's no prob for me) but that wouldn't work very well for players wanting to find chiltara and get the gibbering gemstone which would then interfere with another quest (the staff of herding).

In the end you don't want to just chuck all your quest monsters in one place so just chuck him randomly in one of the corners of the snow area but not in the cavern.

I find it hard to comment on whether he is too strong or not because I beat him fine enough (fought him 3 times and died once at MP4) but the game is very variable on what gear you have. He should simply be balanced compared to what time period / power level the devs think he should be beatable which is generally once you're capable of act 4 I imagine since there would be no point in gathering the stuff if you can't even get to A4 inferno anyway for the plan and beat the bosses in the portals.
Edited by Kirtswall#2566 on 10/19/2012 4:09 AM PDT
I died several times to kill him, but he doesn't have too much hp, I (as a monk) find its hard to avoid the dead drop because, you know, we have to be close to him, but my tactic is lure him until my last checkpoint and die a lot to kill him.

I don't know how it would work to HC players though.
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
It can only be a bug.

It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

Are you going to revive my hardcore character that you killed? It's not really fair to spring something like that on us, especially considering that I outgeared act 3 nightmare...
It can only be a bug.

It's not a bug, but we're definitely paying close attention to player feedback about Xah'rith's current difficulty -- not just in Inferno, but in all difficulty levels, and at all MP levels too.

We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don't want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.

I first met him on HC running MP5 (normal). From now on when I am coming up to him, I'll log out of my game to take MP off. I barely eeked out the W and kept my WD alive. If I were playing a melee class, I'd be dead for sure.
10/19/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Swampdonkeys

Are you going to revive my hardcore character that you killed? It's not really fair to spring something like that on us, especially considering that I outgeared act 3 nightmare...

No they aren't going to revive your hardcore character. That's whole bleeping point about hardcore, you die and you start over. Heaven forbid Blizzard makes a challenging game. If you are sad because the big bad monster killed you, hardcore isn't for you.
He's a pain.

Agreed, the Key wardens should provide a challenge. He is interesting to fight because he has the "frost corpse bomb" ability that hasn't been seen before.

However compare Act3's key warden to Act 1 and 2. The spike in difficulty is very, very high.
It can only be a bug.

Yah walking around minding my own business not even wanting to go for a key and getting instantly owned by some ice bomb out of no where is certainly not fun ma'am. And that's while trying to avoid him not actually fight. He's the ONLY thing that ever kills me on MP2, multiple times.

I mean illusion than 5x stacked ice that's already stacked, really?! really?! Nerf that plox to the ground, eh's so fricken OP lol.
I'll admit hes more difficult than the other 2 but never takes me more than 1 death to kill him.
I died several times to kill him, but he doesn't have too much hp, I (as a monk) find its hard to avoid the dead drop because, you know, we have to be close to him, but my tactic is lure him until my last checkpoint and die a lot to kill him.

I don't know how it would work to HC players though.

What makes him really over the top is he's sequenced to illusion then throw ice bomb thing that

A) Does too much damage
B) Does too much slow
C) Makes it 5x more of that (aka unavoidable)

Basically if I don't freeze him back before he freezes me, I'm dead. Any MP, doesn't matter.
@tritestuff that wasn't very smart to do in a thread that's Blue tracked and that she said they'd be listening to our feedback on. Enjoy your vacation.
We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally).
I would be comfortable with the reduced damage. The affixes don't really hurt that much, and moving his spawn location hurts people farming for keys.
10/18/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Fierce1
I found him to be the hardest monster in act 3 and 4. I was playing MP1. He is just a new monster. Once you figure him out he's cake. Just stay away from the ice.

qft - but I assume it's easier to say that with a ranged class.
Agree too OP. I tried to catch a couple screenshots. The entire walkable area of the encounter was covered in icy-ness, so literally nowhere to walk even if I was able to. Worse than walking in tar in desolate sands, and I have 24% move speed. Was totally unprepared the first time I encountered him. Couldn't get within range to hit him because of ice pools, or whatever that ground effect it.
View profile
azmodan could take the keep with that guy
All keywardens are perfectly fine in my opinion.
Wizards and monks are just nerfed to be nothing currently and need help.
I agree emphatically with the topic title (that he is way too hard for regular STORY mode). I don't think he should be nerfed in inferno, though. The way he is now it seems like he was designed for the sole purpose of making it so that no hardcore character reaches inferno.

The main problem with his "difficulty" is that he puts those freezy circles down ALL around you, leaving no exit route--whereas with arcane and desecrator and frozen I can reliably find a safe spot and run to it.

Again, I only think this is an issue pre inferno, when new players leveling are not farming gear to progress--they are just playing through the difficulties and BAM, massive difficulty spike.
move it to fields of slaighter or arreat crater lv 1
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]