Diablo® III

The King of All 1.05 Ranged DPS Wiz Builds

(Locked)

Guy,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UmXSjO!ZYg!ZcaZaZ

This is my build works well in MP5, with my 150K dps.
Guy,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UmXSjO!ZYg!ZcaZaZ

This is my build works well in MP5, with my 150K dps.

Try disintegrate chaos nexus rune instead of forked lightning, much nicer imo.

I will try this RoF build later tonight. Thanks for the info Dr D. I never liked RoF cuz its single target, but the meteor synergy makes it tempting. Do you find yourself running around sorta kiting, or can you take a hit or two while meteoring?
Edited by ShadowFrost#1654 on 10/18/2012 11:00 AM PDT
I approve of this message so that I can sell the 6/30 frosties I bought for 1 mil before patch for megabux.

*edit* PS heres my wave of force guide http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893570340
Edited by AS00#1295 on 10/18/2012 11:05 AM PDT
10/18/2012 10:58 AMPosted by ShadowFrost
Try disintegrate chaos nexus rune instead of forked lightning, much nicer imo.

I think Forked Lightning has a higher damage potential with a group of enemies and 40-50% crit chance. I think. No math to prove it but it just seems that way. Also, disintegrate costs AP.
In my experience, the +% multipliers on SoJ, Tal Rasha's set, Frostburns and Zuni's make a HUGE difference in this spec.

Frostburns. Get them now cuz they're gonna go up in value. I got my +6% / 30% Skills ones with high armor yesterday for 700K gold.

+CC% bonus helms too. I have one that adds 7% and another that adds 8% to the base 4.5%

The 1.05 changes have made this a fantastic build. I've been running it since 1.03
This spec looks cool, might try it tonight. Cheers :)
View profile
Cool. (Cold?) Thanks for sharing!
So the more %AS you have, the more RoF ticks you have?
If so, then at some point, you will not gain AP while RoFing because your AP/sec regen is not affected by the AS afaik.
This is the case for me, even when I have 12 AP/sec regen rate and 7 AP/sec consumtion on RoF, I still lose AP. Although it looks really weird, as I will continue to loose AP until I reach the bottom, but then my wizard will just continue to channel RoF without interrupting with 0 AP...
In my experience, the +% multipliers on SoJ, Tal Rasha's set, Frostburns and Zuni's make a HUGE difference in this spec.

Frostburns. Get them now cuz they're gonna go up in value. I got my +6% / 30% Skills ones with high armor yesterday for 700K gold.

+CC% bonus helms too. I have one that adds 7% and another that adds 8% to the base 4.5%

The 1.05 changes have made this a fantastic build. I've been running it since 1.03

Hey Frigg, can I add you up in game for some gearing advice later tonight...did try out this build yesterday and it was quite awesome. The single target was great and the meteor was great too just that it's kinda worst over reflect dmg, full HP and died with 2 meteor hit

My profile is not updated, got myself the Soj with 5% RoF, Frostburn with 6%/28% and a helm with 7% RoF.

And also thx to Dr who make this thread up :)
Edited by LuvFoxy#1608 on 10/18/2012 7:05 PM PDT
I gave this a quick try this evening. Running on about 190k damage, 10 APoC, 600ish resists. I find it works nicely in the keep, if a little slow. Running Archon solo is so much faster, I don't think I would ever consider it solo.

I ran into trouble at Stonefort though. I just had very little defence against ranged mobs and no get out of jail free card for badly affixed elites. I feel it really needs both snares from the comet and the hydra to keep mobs under control, but ray of frost feels redundant to me. I end up stutter casting it here and there, but I feel like it's mostly sitting inactive. I'm almost tempted to think Blizzard might be a better choice. A third snare and damage that I can fire and forget. Or perhaps just dropping ray of frost for mirror images or teleport for that get out of jail card. I feel like comet is doing enough damage to warrant it.

I think the build would perform better in groups, but would possibly still suffer from survivability issues as it is.
Edited by Mephs#2752 on 10/18/2012 7:48 PM PDT
I gave this a quick try this evening. Running on about 190k damage, 10 APoC, 600ish resists. I find it works nicely in the keep, if a little slow. Running Archon solo is so much faster, I don't think I would ever consider it solo.

I ran into trouble at Stonefort though. I just had very little defence against ranged mobs and no get out of jail free card for badly affixed elites. I feel it really needs both snares from the comet and the hydra to keep mobs under control, but ray of frost feels redundant to me. I end up stutter casting it here and there, but I feel like it's mostly sitting inactive. I'm almost tempted to think Blizzard might be a better choice. A third snare and damage that I can fire and forget. Or perhaps just dropping ray of frost for mirror images or teleport for that get out of jail card. I feel like comet is doing enough damage to warrant it.

I think the build would perform better in groups, but would possibly still suffer from survivability issues as it is.

+1 yup it goes very well with group play
Your build is awesome.

But, how do you survive reflective damage mobs?

With you damage (very close to my own), you will almost be 1 shooted when your comet crits on the mob head, specialy when hits the whole elite pack.

What do you do to do not die against reflective mobs?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#iZXSjT!YXW!abacaZ

For group play or key farming, this is what I run with 250k dmg, 40k HP, 500 base AR. (also using enchantress with maximus when I solo farm keys)

I have no problem dealing with reflect mobs or AP issue even with all my IAS.
Edited by Magnus#1897 on 10/18/2012 8:55 PM PDT
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#iZXSjT!YXW!abacaZ

For group play or key farming, this is what I run with 250k dmg, 40k HP, 500 base AR. (also using enchantress with maximus when I solo farm keys)

I have no problem dealing with reflect mobs or AP issue even with all my IAS.

Great DPS...need to upgrade some of my items, probably getting a tal's set...
At high DPS mobs you just have to have life steal. Period. I have 5.8% and get around 8K life per second in a thick fight.

@LuvFoxy: I won't be on for about a week, taking some time off the game. I'll add you when I'm back online.
At high DPS mobs you just have to have life steal. Period. I have 5.8% and get around 8K life per second in a thick fight.

@LuvFoxy: I won't be on for about a week, taking some time off the game. I'll add you when I'm back online.

Yup no worries mate...have a great week there :)
What the stats on the frostburn? shd i change mine to get the max out of it...lolx
Max frostburn stats are 30+6 extra cold damage. I picked some up with those stats 1 hour ago for 100k
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]