Diablo® III

Bashanishu

I finally tracked down that big mean jerk Bashiok and tried cutting him down with my blade of rakanishu. It was Inferno MP 5 and it was sure to be an epic battle. I swapped my skills so that I could get the achievement and was bashing on him for quite some time with no skill selected with my blade of rakanishu. I never got the achievement. I called in 2 others from the chat room who also wanted to hurt Bashiok with their blades, but to no avail. None of us could get the achievement. So in a rage we cut him down until his death with our blades. I am mad bro, I want this achievement, and Bashiok's head... again
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438018
08/20/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Vasadan
It is possible to not be able to receive the “Bashanishu” achievement if you hit Bashiok using a Basic Attack (not a skill).
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438018
It is possible to not be able to receive the “Bashanishu” achievement if you hit Bashiok using a Basic Attack (not a skill).

I'm not certain if English was a course that the progenitor of this preposterous quip, enjoyed; but lets correct it:

GOAL: "Hurt Bashiok using Rakinishou's blade"
Interpretation: "Hit him with the blade, physically."
Qualification: "Others have succeeded using the same interpretation"

However, the bullet states "it is possible" to *NOT* gain the achievement if you "hit Bashiok using a basic attack" (qualified by "not a skill").

HELLO!????? Hitting him with a basic attack is the GOAL! How else do you propose we do it?!

So, the bullet should read "Patch 1.0.5: Bashanishu achievement is unobtainable."
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5586569533
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
10/21/2012 09:55 PMPosted by noybman
So, the bullet should read "Patch 1.0.5: Bashanishu achievement is unobtainable."

Actually, no, because players are able to get this achievement. The achievement reads "Hurt Bashiok using Rakanishu's Blade."

Basic Attack is literally Basic Attack. It is the attack you have when you do not have a skill equipped to LMB or RMB.
Edited by Vasadan on 10/22/2012 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
People have widely been operating under the (false?) belief that the achievement can only be completed by using Basic Attack -- that hitting Bashiok with a skill (while Rakanishu's Blade is equipped) will not trigger the achievement. It would appear that Vasadan is saying that the opposite is actually true.

However, what has been reported in several other threads is that the actual "Rakanishu's Blade" used is what determines whether or not the achievement is awarded. People report bringing several different blades, and hitting Bashiok with them, one after another, until one of them triggers the achievement -- ostensibly using Basic Attack. Blades that work work consistently -- people are able to pass the working blade off to other people, who can then hit Bashiok with it and complete the achievement.

So the question is this: Does any blade work as long as a skill is used, and not Basic Attack, with certain Rakanishu's Blades only failing to trigger the achievement when used with Basic Attack, or do certain blades work regardless of whether a skill or Basic Attack is used, and fail equally independently?
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Vasadan

Actually, no, because players are able to get this achievement. The achievement reads "Hurt Bashiok using Rakanishu's Blade."

Basic Attack is literally Basic Attack. It is the attack you have when you do not have a skill equipped to LMB or RMB.

I understand that this could be an interpretation of the phrase as well, hence why it needs to be made clear.
Reply Quote
People have widely been operating under the (false?) belief that the achievement can only be completed by using Basic Attack -- that hitting Bashiok with a skill (while Rakanishu's Blade is equipped) will not trigger the achievement. It would appear that Vasadan is saying that the opposite is actually true.

However, what has been reported in several other threads is that the actual "Rakanishu's Blade" used is what determines whether or not the achievement is awarded. People report bringing several different blades, and hitting Bashiok with them, one after another, until one of them triggers the achievement -- ostensibly using Basic Attack. Blades that work work consistently -- people are able to pass the working blade off to other people, who can then hit Bashiok with it and complete the achievement.

So the question is this: Does any blade work as long as a skill is used, and not Basic Attack, with certain Rakanishu's Blades only failing to trigger the achievement when used with Basic Attack, or do certain blades work regardless of whether a skill or Basic Attack is used, and fail equally independently?

Using "certain blades" is a bogus posture. Even if it is true, it may not be true. It might just be a series of attempts with the right server performing it on, or the right spawn of crap skills he carries for unique defense etc.
I have seen the very same comments where people said they have bought MANY blades and had no success. I saw comments about using new vs. old. This is all silly talk, even if true, which I credit it may be, the statement for the patches bug notes is poor at best. It should either be precise, or intentionally ambiguous as I suggested "its broke, dont waste your time".

telling us that "physically hitting him with the blade may cause it NOT to work" when this is the reported way it has (and is supposedly supposed to work) is BAD!
If we should hit him with a spell when the blade is equipped, say that.
Reply Quote
No, I think Noybman got it right, at least for Demon Hunters, I cannot do a basic left or right click melee attack, doesn't exist. Did not know the achievement was bugged, got the blade easily enough, found Bashiok about five hours later, dragged my primary skill off (same as I did with the Diablo punch) and hit Bashiok with the sword ... again ... and again ... and again, nothing. No other way for me to melee attack this guy. What a waste of my time.

Btw, had three blades, switched between them, none of them worked. Broken achievement.
Reply Quote
Wanted to say that I just did the same thing on my Barbarian, killed Bashlok using dual Rakanishu blades with skill Bash on left mouse button with no achievement, going to try it again with no skill active on button to see if there is a difference. Figured I should post that fact that I did have skill equipped with 2 diffrent Rakanishu blades one in main hand and one in off hand and with skill loaded failed to get the achievement, so if the basic attack doesnt trigger the achievement I will try switching to a few of the other Rak blades I have floating around in my inventory taking up space :D LoL. will repost with any further findings
Reply Quote
Vasadan can say whatever he wants in some cryptic fashion, this achievement is bugged.

I tried it with skills bound to LMB and RMB, skills bound to one or the other, skills bound to neither, different blades in each hand, hitting Bashiok with a non LMB/RMB skill, it doesn't matter. I didn't get the achievement.

THIS IS BUGGED BLIZZARD. MAYBE TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THE THREADS THAT HAVE BEEN CREATED SINCE 1.0.3. AND FIX IT. THERE IS NO REASON THAT WE SHOULD NEED A SPECIFIC BLADE EQUIPPED OR ANY SPECIFIC SKILLS SELECTED OR NOT SELECTED.

Finding Bashiok is hard enough. Hitting him with Rakanishu's Blade in ANY FASHION should award the achievement.

It is a COMPLETE joke that I finally find him, hit him in about every combination imaginable with multiple blades I had stored just for this, to not be able to get the achievement.

I had multiple blades stored only because I had read threads saying you needed a specific blade to get the achievement. Even still, I'm failing because I'm not completing some strange cryptic requirement for this achievement? Or is it just bugged? Yes, clearly it's bugged.

Please, fix it. Put one man on it for maybe 4 hours and get it done. It's ridiculous that you've had this much feedback about how bugged this achievement is and have not done anything about it.

I honestly and sincerely apologize for my attitude in this thread, but I am very frustrated at having finally found the uber-rarespawn Bashiok without being able to complete this achievement. This isn't just some willy-nilly thing. This is something your CUSTOMERS are investing HOURS in just to find that they cannot complete it because of an error.
Reply Quote
I'd like to add a bump here, this should be fixed.
Reply Quote
It doesn't work for me whether I use a skill or use a basic attack, so I don't really see how "unobtainable" is incorrect. It literally is unobtainable unless I can somehow find a blade from an older patch.
Reply Quote
Bump for the same issue here.

Running on MP7 in inferno and ran across Bashiok. Used basic left mouse button melee attack with a v1.0.5 blade with no achievement. I used Force weapon to buff the blade in case there was some minimum damage threshold that wasn't showing up because of the MP patch, but it didn't matter. Definitely broken.
Reply Quote
Achievement is broken.
Tried both basic attack and lots of barb skills... no use.
This was normal mp10.

Came across him a few days ago on inferno mp3, same thing, just that it was on my DH.

Here it goes pics of last time:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2lwmzog.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/15xo12e.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/og98vl.png

I think its something related to mplvl in general... I wasnt able to complete "Naked Lust" on mp3 inferno... didnt got the mark for killing azmodan naked on the same game... next game I try on diablo normal mp0 and got the mark.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Vasadan

Actually, no.

Actually yes.

I tried getting this achievement today. Me and my friend barb on nightmare tried hurting him with basic attacks and skills, nothing works.

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/1486/screenshot015sm.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img593/3629/screenshot014he.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/291/screenshot013gk.jpg
Reply Quote
I got this Achi without problem in 1.0.4.
Got the blade only on Normal, then found Bashiok on Inferno.
Reply Quote
Still have the blade? Have bash up, but blade doesn't work...
Reply Quote
I completed this with a friend recently.
It seems to be an issue with the blade. My blade worked just fine, my friend's blade did not.
I gave her my blade and bam. It worked.

I don't remember where I got the blade from but I would suggest getting a couple from different difficulties or have a friend bring you a bunch from outside the game since Bashiok seems to be a pretty rare spawn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]