Diablo® III

Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

IT'S MENT TO BE A CHALLENGE...... Why nerf it.......
"OMFG BLIZZ GIMME A REAL CHALLENGE!?!1/111"

*zero hardcore characters played*

A challenge doesnt involve losing a character you invested 1000 hours after dieing once. Some people are just not willing to take that risk. Don't be a idiot and compare the two

Scraps, we don't all have 75 paragon levels worth of gear and gold banked. In fact, 98% of us don't. We work jobs and go to school. MP level 10 will still be challenging and the levels lower than this are still going to be plenty challenging for most people. My point lies in the fact that if you're bored, the Hardcore option is there for you until PvP surfaces.

"OMFG BLIZZ GIMME A REAL CHALLENGE!?!1/111"

*zero hardcore characters played*

Mate, think about what you just said.

Playing hardcore actually demands that you AVOID challenge.

Not at all. It demands that you play intelligently and pick your fights wisely. People aren't Paragon level 30+ in HC at the moment because they "avoided challenge"
Edited by NoNsum#1339 on 10/22/2012 12:23 PM PDT
10/22/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Anuhart
I've never, ever wore anything from the AH

You might not be but your enchantress sure is... ^^
View profile
If you are that elite, play hardcore. If you literally NEVER DIE like you are claiming.
Lyllira, can you please post the scheduled maintenance announcement on the Status forum? I would not have known you were bringing the servers down tomorrow if I hadn't stumbled across your post here.

I always check server status on Monday to see if it will be up Tuesday; as of right now there is no indication it will be down.
This is disappointing, blz...

MP10 is meant to be CHALLENGING, and only the ones who play high MPs level are the ones really dedicate to this game. This is a BIG nerf to them.
So blizz has earned enough money from trades of gears with high ehp, and decides to start earning on gears with high dps now. Next time they will through in some more godly legendaries and open MP11-20, and repeat.
Really Blizz... nobody was whining about the higher damage (crazy uh?) and you nerf the difficulty, again, this time with no reason at all. Where's the challenge in the game now?People will be farming MP10 in a month this way...
Casual gamers won again?

QQ'ers win again

Do you not read... he actually said no one has been crying about the damage. Hence NO QQ'rs don't win again because no one was crying about it... except the key warden in Act III.
10/22/2012 12:14 PMPosted by KingKongor
gay

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22340460.jpg

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

Cool! I was not quite strong enough to survive MP3 Elites before (148%) so now I might be able to play at MP4 (144%). I will really enjoy the extra perks of playing two MP levels higher.
wtf
Everytime Blizzard nerfs something they use "bug" as an excuse
Edited by Tenken#1712 on 10/22/2012 12:32 PM PDT
For people who could do the original MP10 they now have an option to reduce their gear/skill survivability in favor of more DPS to make kills go slightly faster AND play more skillfully to avoid dying.
[quote]
Scraps, we don't all have 75 paragon levels worth of gear and gold banked. In fact, 98% of us don't. We work jobs and go to school. MP level 10 will still be challenging and the levels lower than this are still going to be plenty challenging for most people. My point lies in the fact that if you're bored, the Hardcore option is there for you until PvP surfaces.

I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week?

I was bored 2 weeks before the patch because I shotted everything. I farmed my !@# off to get where I am and I'm not bored NOW. I loved that I was getting my $%^ kicked in mp8+, it gave me something to strive for again. I wanted to be able to kill ubers at mp10, now I'll be able to do so at my current level.

Yeah, the majority of players are having problems with mp5 but what about those dedicated diablo players like myself. Where is our challenge? We're the players that kept playing when people QQed and quit on a daily basis.

MP Levels were made so that there would always be a challenge for ALL PLAYERS. So again, where is my challenge now?
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 10/22/2012 12:33 PM PDT
10/22/2012 12:22 PMPosted by TheMoj
I've never, ever wore anything from the AH

You might not be but your enchantress sure is... ^^

Absolutely, she is..my gold sink. :)
This change is great :) By the way, All your Softcore tears are delicious! Man up noobs, if you want a challenge hardcore is right there for you.
How to kill the game faster ...
While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

I must be an idiot for not understanding how they can pick up a damage bug in testing, which they fixed before patch launch, yet still can cause the damage to be higher.
Blizzard pleace reconsider this nerf and consider what you are really doing here. A fun challenge is NOT created through a huge increase in monster health and minimal increase in dmg but rather through a healthy balance of the two.

If you look at the charts it is already terribly skewed towards pure hp and I know you said that you wantedmore of the challenge to come from maximizing dps but don't you think this is a little extreme? Im sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

Seriously sitting infront of huge mobs of enemies and not even being close to death ever and slashing for 10-15 minutes to kill a cpl elite packs is not a fun challenge.

I want to be threatened, I want to be near death. If anything they should consider more damage on the higher mp levels not a nerf

Seriously already? This just doesn't make sense to me. Do they even play the game? Because seriously it feels like they have no idea what they are doing with this and I thought they were starting to push in the right direction.

Im not expecting a response but please can a blue let me know with a little more detail and consideration what is going on with this and where do they seriously think this is going to make this game more challenging and fun, for real please.

Edit: Seriously please have some consideration for those of us who want more of a challenge not less

MP was supposed to be a challenge, give it to us for one week and then yank it away, jjust woowwww

mp7 will feel like mp5 dmg wise now
and mp10 will feel like mp7 dmg wise

i am so incredibly dissapointed
Edited by Tango#1209 on 10/22/2012 12:41 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]