Diablo® III

Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

$5 says that within one month Inferno MP 10 will be nerfed until it is easier than the original Inferno was when the game first came out.
I agree with the change but think its a little bit too severe. Perhaps reduce the nerfs slightly? I was enjoying farming 6-7 in a group as a challenge and 4-5 for solo runs. My gear still has miles to go and the changes make it seem like ill be farming 8-9-10 after the patch. My upgrades will mean less to me if i dont actually need them to press through higher difficulties.

Im with the people who want an MP 11/12 to cover the existing damage ranges, for progression/challenge's sake.

MP 11 and 12 are definitely necessary implementations if this patch is to be a good change.
They stated from the first few days of PTR that they intended MP3 to be the equivilant of what Inferno was like pre-patch, and that definitely isn't the case. I'm not geared that well but enjoy playing and am looking forward to a better chance on key runs, but was also fine needing to bump down MP levels if I needed to. Just pointing out that (to me at least) there is no way that MP3 is playing the same as Act 3 Inferno was a month ago.

I also noticed that the elemental damage seems to be hurting much more. I can stand in a pool of poison and bash all day, but molten and lightning are really smarting.

Sorry but I'll have to disagree.Inferno MP3 is easier than 1.0.4 was,a lot easier. Molten damage was always pretty tough,easier now.IMO
I agree with the change but think its a little bit too severe. Perhaps reduce the nerfs slightly? I was enjoying farming 6-7 in a group as a challenge and 4-5 for solo runs. My gear still has miles to go and the changes make it seem like ill be farming 8-9-10 after the patch. My upgrades will mean less to me if i dont actually need them to press through higher difficulties.

Im with the people who want an MP 11/12 to cover the existing damage ranges, for progression/challenge's sake.

MP 11 and 12 are definitely necessary implementations if this patch is to be a good change.

and then theyre nerfing 11 and 12. lmfao.
100 Undead Rogue
As the title suggests, we're going to be reducing the amount of damage monsters do in Inferno whenever Monster Power is enabled. Before I detail what's changing, though, let me first explain why we're making some adjustments.

When we originally designed and implemented the bonus values for monster damage in Inferno, we were unaware that a bug was causing monster abilities (i.e. Rare and Champion affixes) to not scale correctly with each Monster Power level. While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

So, to bring monster damage back in line with our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/7540457#damagehealth"]original goals for the system[/url], we're implementing a hotfix that will reduce the scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels.

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

Please note that these changes will only apply to monster damage in Inferno difficulty. Monsters in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell will be unaffected and continue to use [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0"]their current values[/url].

This hotfix is currently scheduled to be released tomorrow morning during normal Tuesday maintenance in the Americas, which means the new bonus damage values in Inferno will take affect once the game servers come back online.

I still don't understand, so to make a long story short; only monster abilities (affixes) are currently doing more damage then what is intended? So, as a result, you are scaling down all monster damage as a whole, including monster abilities (affixes), which was the only damage type that was not working correctly? This will get the monster abilities (affixes) to be at the intended damage and the rest of inferno slightly lower then what was intended?

New to the whole reading thing i see. Affixes hitting harder then the were supposed to was an issue during testing before the patch went live. It was fixed, but in order to do so they increased the general damage done in MP levels. They are just fixing it to how it was supposed to be. And thats all damage, not just monster affixes all of it.
Please leave the damages love it.If people can't handle that's there bad
100 Undead Rogue

Imo, if you are geared enough to kill anything in MP 10 with no difficulty, able to kill the key warden on act 3 AND kill all the bosses in the infernal machine also at MP 10 with no difficulty, i think you might be a little overgeared :P
100 Tauren Druid
Nice I can actually beat an act with monster power 10 now instead of go OMG a rare squish
10/22/2012 09:52 AMPosted by oRyo
Now, there's probably gonna be 10-15% of the player base in MP10, and probably 15-20% in MP9+.

Hmmm....anyone can play at any MP level....

There is no chance that 15 - 20% of the players in this game are going to be farming MP 9 or 10 EFFICIENTLY. Have you seen the gear people wear? Have you played a public game? Have you seen the number of character profiles on Diablo Rankings?

Farming slowly is its own punishment for those who play at too high an MP level.

That being said, I would love to see the stats from blizz showing. the percentage of players that play each MP level.

I still don't understand, so to make a long story short; only monster abilities (affixes) are currently doing more damage then what is intended? So, as a result, you are scaling down all monster damage as a whole, including monster abilities (affixes), which was the only damage type that was not working correctly? This will get the monster abilities (affixes) to be at the intended damage and the rest of inferno slightly lower then what was intended?

This is the real problem...
The post states "specifically damage done by monster abilities".
The ABILITY not the AUTOATTACK is bugged, fact is you are reducing the overall damage both of ABILITY AND AUTOATTACK. That's what I understood from this post. And that's why I think it's not the correct way to fix this bug.
If it's only the abilities which are bugged why aren't you fixing just them?
The way you are doing is gonna nerf the overall damage, ability AND autoattack, virtually they aren't fixing the bug itself. : \
Nobody was whining about the MP becouse it was just perfect, everyone can choose their preferred difficulty, if you feel that ability damage scales bad against the autoattack damage the distribute the surplus abilityDMG over the autoattackDMG.
Can blues please answer to this misundertanding? Thank you.
Soooo.. make the game challenging and entertaining then within a week nerf it again and take away our fun...

I guess our crew will be running MP10 after you nerf it, but we definitely didn't want to get to that point by you messing with the system again, we wanted to have a goal to achieve.

Seriously why make any changes?

People will do the levels that they can, and work their way up to higher MP when they are ready to. I guess some are whining that they can't play the higher levels because they are under geared... boo fricken hoo
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

So stupid decision, mpl 10 should be a challange, and only for the best geared.

I allready solo all übers bosses at mpl 10 (with non-wwtornado build).

They should instead buff the damage output of the monsters.

And to you guys that think this is a good change, your playing at a to high mpl level then. (dont have good enuff gear/build for the level your trying to play)

Its no human right to be able to play at mpl 10.
Why would you set a bar then nerf it. I hope you at least have more followup changes planned, ie MP11-15.
Alright let me clear the way, AFFIXES DMG FROM RARES AND CHAMPIONS PACK WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT HUGE, its still gonna be challenging, WW barbs and CM wiz, will clear all the way throught mp10, but theres alot of complains from the other classes. Maybe the nerf is bit high, but im pretty sure lower classes are gonna be able to farm atleast mp5-6.

Thats a fine fix ,imo.
Wonder if the "fix/nerf" will fix fire damage...that's way out of control....
But dont worry blizz, heres the '' Complainers Return '' only here for a week. Then, they will enjoy it and go back home.
damn i wish they would leave the dmg as it is but just fix the mobs thats causing the problems.

One i know for a fact that needs fixed are the blazing guardians in act 2. That fire attack is OP.
:/ I don't like this nerf! I like to earn my way up the MP levels not bring them down so more people can play it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]