Diablo® III

Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

thx
Ugh...reduce mob health, not damage.

High damage = interesting, exciting gameplay
High health = repetitive, stale gameplay
Same dmg, little less HP, x2 the monsters
Edited by jcp2007#1613 on 10/22/2012 5:15 PM PDT
Thank you , Blizzard. This is a wise move, that will enable players to experience higher difficulties and setups, i see a bright future for this game ahead.

Don't pay attention to all the cry babies around, they are just no-life losers who can put into this game hundreds of hours monthly, but the main bulk of players have no time , being a responsible citizen occupy a lot of our daily chores, so this change is in right direction.

Only mom-basement 30 y old weirdos are crying for this change !
For those of you complaining about mob health, the reduction in damage will allow you to up your dps by replacing the more defensive stats (vitality, resistances, etc.) with more offensive stats (primary attribute CC, CD, etc.). That is a net gain in monster kill speed.
Edited by Devoware#1326 on 10/22/2012 6:37 PM PDT
As the title suggests, we're going to be reducing the amount of damage monsters do in Inferno whenever Monster Power is enabled. Before I detail what's changing, though, let me first explain why we're making some adjustments.

When we originally designed and implemented the bonus values for monster damage in Inferno, we were unaware that a bug was causing monster abilities (i.e. Rare and Champion affixes) to not scale correctly with each Monster Power level. While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

So, to bring monster damage back in line with our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/7540457#damagehealth"]original goals for the system[/url], we're implementing a hotfix that will reduce the scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels.

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

Please note that these changes will only apply to monster damage in Inferno difficulty. Monsters in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell will be unaffected and continue to use [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0"]their current values[/url].

This hotfix is currently scheduled to be released tomorrow morning during normal Tuesday maintenance in the Americas, which means the new bonus damage values in Inferno will take affect once the game servers come back online.

I believe this is fair enough. Blizzard already made a lot of changes for those cry babies, seriously it will be no fun if you could just kill elites/champ/key warden too easy, they have to keep some challenge on getting those keys. Or maybe you guys should ask Blizzard to just drop the keys on the ground to pick up without a fight ? Does it sounds easiler to those cry babies ? lol
10/22/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Jaixen

You saying that MP10 damage is more than original inferno?

I really don't think it is, it is close either way, the general damage, but the spike that was in original is not in MP10. I had champs not even touching my HP with their 'big hit' attacks in MP10 with ~1k AR while white mobs in original inferno could seriously dent it with 1300 AR.

You were probably also !@#$ty geared in original ... the godly barbs back then were tanks .. tanks with 1k RA - 11k armor and measely health like 40k ish.. right now 40k hp is like super low.. therefore the burst will feel MUCH MUCH different than what you experienced before.. as for other classses.. burst felt huge at beginning b/c most players had 18k-30k hp at the most. Now it's common to see 60-80k hp and sometimes even 100k hp.

I was !@#$ty geared in original and !@#$ty geared in MP10.
I switched to some full resist tank gear that I had left from 1.0.2, or what was left of it.
The only difference between me testing out MP10 and me in 1.0.2 was that I had a bit more dps in MP10 and a bit more AR in 1.0.2.
QQ some more, Blizz will do what it wants when it wants, it's not like we are paying a monthly sub fee.
for !@#$s sake stop making this game easier. So what some people cant do MP10 and they cry about it. The game was fun and challenging it took me a lot of reworking my gear to be able to farm MP5 efficently and now im happy and you have to make it easier. This is stupid take all the challenge out of the game.
As the title suggests, we're going to be reducing the amount of damage monsters do in Inferno whenever Monster Power is enabled. Before I detail what's changing, though, let me first explain why we're making some adjustments.

When we originally designed and implemented the bonus values for monster damage in Inferno, we were unaware that a bug was causing monster abilities (i.e. Rare and Champion affixes) to not scale correctly with each Monster Power level. While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

So, to bring monster damage back in line with our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/7540457#damagehealth"]original goals for the system[/url], we're implementing a hotfix that will reduce the scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels.

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

Please note that these changes will only apply to monster damage in Inferno difficulty. Monsters in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell will be unaffected and continue to use [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0"]their current values[/url].

This hotfix is currently scheduled to be released tomorrow morning during normal Tuesday maintenance in the Americas, which means the new bonus damage values in Inferno will take affect once the game servers come back online.

I believe this is fair enough. Blizzard already made a lot of changes for those cry babies, seriously it will be no fun if you could just kill elites/champ/key warden too easy, they have to keep some challenge on getting those keys. Or maybe you guys should ask Blizzard to just drop the keys on the ground to pick up without a fight ? Does it sounds easiler to those cry babies ? lol

They already have...it's called a Barb.
blizzard just has to ruin everything that is good fix everything that isnt broken and just generally !@#$ it up
mp 1-6 will be about the same but yea mp 8-10 will be dramatically easier. I hope in the end they're little lie at the beginning was at least a little true or based on some sort of almost truth... wow I can hardly defend these people anymore.
Thank you , Blizzard. This is a wise move, that will enable players to experience higher difficulties and setups, i see a bright future for this game ahead.

Don't pay attention to all the cry babies around, they are just no-life losers who can put into this game hundreds of hours monthly, but the main bulk of players have no time , being a responsible citizen occupy a lot of our daily chores, so this change is in right direction.

Only mom-basement 30 y old weirdos are crying for this change !

and you hav e 34 and 46 elite kills. go away troll
hmmmmmmmmmmmm big mistake i had something to strive for trying to gear up for mp10 now there is no need as the same as mp7 was and i would crush mp7 wasnt the whole idea of mp to make the game harder if it was needed not so easy it looses end game chalenges
So far so good
i think it's better to reduce monster's HP than its damage. Now it costs too much time to kill them all.
Edited by kamel#1822 on 10/22/2012 6:36 PM PDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laFCqCCEGTc
way to go. Purpose of the gaming is to allow bigger pool of people to enjoy it and not only for just a small sum of ppl enjoy it.
best thing from this game was the sound team, lol
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]