Diablo® III

Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

That should help my Spider and Kormak survive a little longer.
And yes, I noticed that some monster damage is too strong such as arcane enchanted when I get vortexed into the middle of it.
Xahrith is also ruthless, my pet spider dies instantly to him.
I !@#$ing knew it. Patch isn't even out a full week and it's already being nerfed. LMFAO!
I'll put my $0.02 in:

In short, my Monk's game has gotten harder post-1.05, even though I have since upgraded a few items.

During the end of 1.04 my main char (Monk) was able to do Act I on auto-pilot with dual weapons and sub-par MF,GF gear. It was like being on holiday.

Since 1.05, said Monk is now getting hit hard in Act I, even on MP1, even with better gear. MP1 should be seen as a minimum for most people and on that setting Specials/Elites hit too hard to enjoy the game. Running into yet another Molten/Frozen/Vortex/Fire-chain no longer excites, it now means multiple deaths and long walks-of-shame from the spawn point.

The new changes aren't a lot for MP1, admittedly, so my situation may not improve much.
6 Gnome Rogue
I'll put my $0.02 in:

In short, my Monk's game has gotten harder post-1.05, even though I have since upgraded a few items.

During the end of 1.04 my main char (Monk) was able to do Act I on auto-pilot with dual weapons and sub-par MF,GF gear. It was like being on holiday.

Since 1.05, said Monk is now getting hit hard in Act I, even on MP1, even with better gear. MP1 should be seen as a minimum for most people and on that setting Specials/Elites hit too hard to enjoy the game. Running into yet another Molten/Frozen/Vortex/Fire-chain no longer excites, it now means multiple deaths and long walks-of-shame from the spawn point.

The new changes aren't a lot for MP1, admittedly, so my situation may not improve much.

1.05 MP1 Act 1 is NOT EQUAL to 1.04 Act 1, it is equivalent to 1.04 Act 3-4

When you activate MP>0, all mobs become lvl 63
I dont really like you right now mr blizzard, dont make my game less time consuming just because you want casual players to come back, thank you.
10/22/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Wibang
I dont really like you right now mr blizzard, dont make my game less time consuming just because you want casual players to come back, thank you.

You didn't care about time consumption when you were dual welding credit cards.
Double the damage and double the health and just add elixirs, please?

Dear Blizzard,

Make elixirs necessary to play at MP 8-10. You have the numbers, the max rolls on items and every monster's damage per second, use them to calculate where monsters would become too powerful for even the best geared players to play.

Have the elixirs buff the players, weaken monsters, reduce impairment attacks, reduce player spell cool downs, etc. Be creative.

Here's the best part.

Make elixirs only purchasable in the AH and make them unsellable by players. Account bind them if you want. That way you can better control the economy by increasing their prices.

The Hellfire Ring was a great way to test this concept.
Seriously, they don't have to do this if they didn't do this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/

*It looks like they are doing things in a circle again and again.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 10/22/2012 7:30 PM PDT
1.05 MP1 Act 1 is NOT EQUAL to 1.04 Act 1, it is equivalent to 1.04 Act 3-4

When you activate MP>0, all mobs become lvl 63

OK, no need to shout, I'm right here. I must have been under the wrong impression, I read a random forum post mentioned that 1.04 was approx == 1.05 MP4. This was during PTR phase.

So naturally I was disappointed to see that there is a pretty large gulf between even Act I MP0 and MP1. The Monk can generally carve thru whites on MP1 but most fire-based Elites will near-one-shot her. I guess what should feel like a fairly smooth ramp is turning out more like a series of pretty steep steps.

And further to your quote, the Monk was finally able to finish Act III on MP0 (solo) a few days ago.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nerfing the only semi-challenging content we even have... Doesn't make sense.

Please make higher MP levels if the current ones are being nerfed.
Flammy
View profile
WOW, that's sad, really sad...

Monster damage is fine, nerf monster health or increase the XP/MF bonus but don't nerf the difficulty for god's sake.
This.

Stupid act 3 keywarden hits like a truck. everything else is just fine where it is. I can NOT believe that you are nerfing inferno again. I already laugh at things, and people tell me I am undergeared for mp4. What is wrong with you?

This is a BAD idea. BAD BAD BAD idea. enemies hit fine. Tell people to go get more all res and armor. It isn't like the stuff is hard to find now that EVERYTHING is a freaking ilvl 63 roll
61 Undead Warrior
ROFL
THANKS FOR MAKING IT EASIER IDIOTS
for !@#$s sake stop making this game easier. So what some people cant do MP10 and they cry about it. The game was fun and challenging it took me a lot of reworking my gear to be able to farm MP5 efficently and now im happy and you have to make it easier. This is stupid take all the challenge out of the game.

Chin up, it should be fairly easy for Blizz to add another 10 more MP levels. 100, even. In fact they could go nuts and make monsters level with you (Paragon 50 Elite?) so that you're always challenged.
Honestly, I don't see this nerf as a counter to players crying about MP being too hard. I don't recall seeing a single thread complaining about Monster Power difficulty. I think a bunch of you have you tinfoil hats on too tight.

I also missed the endless posts complaining about how hard the game has become. I thought most people were glad for the new MP system? I know I was.

I wasn't happy about the Seize The Initiative nerf though :-D
seriously i think the nerfing is not necessary... this is DIABLO 3 we are talking about.. by nerfing the monster dmg, it doesnt feel like diablo anymore.. there will be no more fun where everyone can easily handle mp10.. back to soloing when the monster damage drops..
Why is this change being made? I can only do MP5 but I liked having something to aim for. Now the amount of gear that I need to get to the apex of the game just went way down, reducing its longevity.

It's not like you NEED to do a specific MP level or you're worthless as a person. You get tons of loot now in any MP level... It's not like Inferno at release where the only way to get ilevel 63's was Act 3/4. Why oh why was this neccessary?
Edited by FACTION#1373 on 10/22/2012 8:00 PM PDT
10/22/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Disco
please stop playing games that i enjoy being hard please and go back to hello kitty online

You'll find plenty of challenge if you drop your DPS down to about 35K and then jump right in to MP5.

Are you upset that you have no more game left to play? Isn't the whole point of the game to get fantastic gear so you can steamroll everything? You seem to have done exactly that. You've finished the game. How does it feel to be at the top? Because that where I'm striving to be.
I would say that don't just nerf the monster damage, give back our nerfed skills as it used to be. If you think one class is too weak for PVP, you can simply buff that class and make it fair, but don't nerf the other's skills.
This is bizzare - I have not read any thread of people complaining that the current MP system being too hard. MP10 is for us to strive towards....

Sure I can now only do MP6-7, but all of sudden I will be doing MP9-10. Where is the challange? *disgusted*
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]