Diablo® III

Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

I think Blizzard is looking at the wrong thing.
Mob damage is fine.
Mob Elemental damage is not.

Also, when the fatties in Act 3 boost each other up, then chunk fireballs at you, it's pretty massive (assuming MPX games). My wife has been one-shot on her Barb from them @48k hps. It's even worse if they are Lightning enchanted. Boost up... you don't stand a chance vs Lightning.
i approve the change. spinning to win is making me nausous now :P
Thinking of quit the game now, nerf nerf nerf all the time.
I think Blizzard is looking at the wrong thing.
Mob damage is fine.
Mob Elemental damage is not.

Also, when the fatties in Act 3 boost each other up, then chunk fireballs at you, it's pretty massive (assuming MPX games). My wife has been one-shot on her Barb from them @48k hps. It's even worse if they are Lightning enchanted. Boost up... you don't stand a chance vs Lightning.

I do believe an overall reduction on mob's damage will reduce their elemental damage as well?

as well as desecrator, molten, plagued, arcane etc affixes will all have lower damages due to the mob's base dps decreasing.

I am assuming their abilities scale with their own dps, same like how the wizard's spells become more and more powerful as his dps goes up.
View profile
Thumbs down.

It's not monster damage that needs nerf, it's monster health.
View profile
MP is an OPTIONAL mechanic, why aren't we ever allowed to challenge ourselves?

This. 100%
lol do people not read? It's something that was supposed to be changed before 1.0.5 went live but didn't make it in time.

Why are people whining so much?
While your at it maybe lower normal and nightmare key warden damage or make it so you need to activate "click on something to fight them" please
Look at the bright side: Now you don't have to keep stacking defenses in order to survive at mp 8-10. You can trade off a bit of those defensive stats and pick up some other interesting pieces of gear that boost your DPS or whatever. As a barb who doesn't use WW, I am happy that my defenses are good to go for MP 8-10, as I could already do 7 with few problems (damage mitigation wise). Glad to see that now I can worry about raising my DPS to compensate for the obscene health pool of enemies!
nvm
Edited by LSU#1323 on 10/23/2012 5:27 AM PDT
As the title suggests, we're going to be reducing the amount of damage monsters do in Inferno whenever Monster Power is enabled. Before I detail what's changing, though, let me first explain why we're making some adjustments.

When we originally designed and implemented the bonus values for monster damage in Inferno, we were unaware that a bug was causing monster abilities (i.e. Rare and Champion affixes) to not scale correctly with each Monster Power level. While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

So, to bring monster damage back in line with our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/7540457#damagehealth"]original goals for the system[/url], we're implementing a hotfix that will reduce the scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels.

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

Please note that these changes will only apply to monster damage in Inferno difficulty. Monsters in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell will be unaffected and continue to use [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0"]their current values[/url].

This hotfix is currently scheduled to be released tomorrow morning during normal Tuesday maintenance in the Americas, which means the new bonus damage values in Inferno will take affect once the game servers come back online.

So XR is result of?
Why do I have the feeling that this nerf is not needed and quite bad for the game, let me elaborate:
1) the higher difficulties gave more of a challenge, now after the hotfix lvl 10 would feel like lvl 7 on live. I know what you crybabies will say " o lvl 10 was only a gear check" so what? let it be something to stride for and invest in, not a joke/walk in the park
2) round 2 in the quest for completely destroying the auction house, gold and real money, more "noobs" farming => lower to the ground the price of good items. When finally I was enjoying the game a bit more this comes, yes my fun comes from selling to nublets insane items.

You mean? You enjoy ripping people off and trade values more then 8 times their price? You and many others like to think everything starts selling for at 50m 80m 120m 200m

Stop ripping people off!!

and those that don't know prices or not sure of anything in AH
check this accurate, current, collective tool

hxxp://diablo3values.com/
Why is this "fixed" care to explain? Noone seems to want it yet blizzard thinks they know best?
Thumbs down.

It's not monster damage that needs nerf, it's monster health.

Yea +1 this...especially when they have the extra health affix lol
10/22/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Wystan
2) round 2 in the quest for completely destroying the auction house, gold and real money, more "noobs" farming => lower to the ground the price of good items. When finally I was enjoying the game a bit more this comes, yes my fun comes from selling to nublets insane items.

Complaining that more people will be able to farm is one of the dumbest reasons to complain about a Blizz change that I have ever read on these forums.

10/23/2012 05:15 AMPosted by kilo
Why are people whining so much?

welcome to the D3 forums my friend.
honestly, it was fine, i only had a slight issue with Fire Damage, 800 Fire resist and that #$#% would still do mad dmg, arcane also ... sorta, I just think fire damage or fire resists are bugged somehow, with like 400 resist to poisons I can stand in poisons all day.
but with like 1000 resist to fire you still get pretty beat up... (feels no different than having like 0 fire resist).

I have also noticed this, and even as a Monk, who's primary cool-class stat (Dex for Dodging !@#$) gets negated ENTIRELY when standing in a pool of poop.

I can stand in plagued pools no problem. I just tank right through that %^-*. I have nearly 900 resist to everything. And because I have over 1200 life on hit, plague does just about nothing to me, EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T DODGE IT AT ALL *grumble*.

But if a Desecrator or Molten thing ends up under my feet, forget it, I have to Tempest Rush my !@# out of there. I can handle one tick of Arcane Sentry before I'm smashing my oh-$%^- buttons. But whenever it comes to any fire attack, I take an inordinate amount of damage that far surpasses that of any other magic type.

Really, the damage wasn't the problem. I went from MP4 down to MP3 not because I couldn't survive MP4, but because MP4 was just incredibly slow since the mobs have a *!@# ton of HP. I can't imagine trying to kill mobs on MP5+, not because of ridiculous damage output, but because of the insane amount of HP they have.
Edited by Kahlan#1609 on 10/23/2012 6:17 AM PDT
Thank you for making my build not as painful again, I was literally off limits from anything higher than MP6 - just didn't feel right for my gear invested and thank you for not catering to bads that stack 5 out of 6 defensive skills on their hotbar and say everything is fine while they complain about hp cuz they kill at the pace of a snail.

Build diversity justice is much appreciated.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 10/23/2012 6:24 AM PDT
Well, I am as tanky as I can be, but MP10 is very rough. It's doable, though.
So I would say damage reduction is good.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]