Diablo® III

Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

Why do I have the feeling that this nerf is not needed and quite bad for the game, let me elaborate:
1) the higher difficulties gave more of a challenge, now after the hotfix lvl 10 would feel like lvl 7 on live. I know what you crybabies will say " o lvl 10 was only a gear check" so what? let it be something to stride for and invest in, not a joke/walk in the park
2) round 2 in the quest for completely destroying the auction house, gold and real money, more "noobs" farming => lower to the ground the price of good items. When finally I was enjoying the game a bit more this comes, yes my fun comes from selling to nublets insane items.

You need to work for blizzard.. These people do not seem to understand all they are doing is making this game easier for botters. mp7-10 should be for the people who want to/can put forth the time or finanaces to beat it. I don't have a character that can do above mp5 in act 3/4 or mp6 1/2 but I'm striving to be able to. It gives me something to look forward too other than just getting items.
This is totally hypothetical guesswork but if you distributed the current player base into monster power levels it probably looks like this…

MP0 – 30%
MP1 – 10%
MP2 – 15%
MP3 – 10%
MP4 – 5%
MP5 – 14%
MP6 – 5%
MP7– 5%
MP8 – 2%
MP9. – 1%
MP10 – 3%

This is probably completely off but what I want you to pay attention to is the curve which is probably pretty similar to the real thing. Lowering the monster damage will allow more of an equally distributed player base which might look like this…

MP0 – 20%
MP1 – 10%
MP2 – 10%
MP3 – 10%
MP4 – 10%
MP5 – 15%
MP6 – 8%
MP7– 5%
MP8 – 5%
MP9. – 2%
MP10 – 5%

I would be curious to know what the real distribution actually is.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 10/22/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Everyone this change is good... we can stop stacking vitality and all resist and start stacking crit and attack speed. I read somewhere that they wanted to make players strive for dps because having to stack defense is boring. Thank you Blizzard
Why do I have the feeling that this nerf is not needed and quite bad for the game, let me elaborate:
1) the higher difficulties gave more of a challenge, now after the hotfix lvl 10 would feel like lvl 7 on live. I know what you crybabies will say " o lvl 10 was only a gear check" so what? let it be something to stride for and invest in, not a joke/walk in the park
2) round 2 in the quest for completely destroying the auction house, gold and real money, more "noobs" farming => lower to the ground the price of good items. When finally I was enjoying the game a bit more this comes, yes my fun comes from selling to nublets insane items.

You need to work for blizzard.. These people do not seem to understand all they are doing is making this game easier for botters. mp7-10 should be for the people who want to/can put forth the time or finanaces to beat it. I don't have a character that can do above mp5 in act 3/4 or mp6 1/2 but I'm striving to be able to. It gives me something to look forward too other than just getting items.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh botters have the gold.... hence.. "they bot". So you say to make it harder who want to put forth time and finances. Well.. botters/bots can run 24/7 so time has been taken care of. Finances... they sell gold and have lots and lots and lots of gold/$$$ so hrmmmmmmmmmm they can already afford anything they want.
10/22/2012 11:16 AMPosted by RaZmAn
All the people saying "omg it was already so easy and now it will only be easier...i was already farming mp10"....wtf? You belong to like the 1% man. Everyone else I know was being 1 shot in mp10..then again they don't spend hundreds of dollars and hundreds of millions of gold in the AH..that's the only reason you're able to do mp10 that easily and you know it. Shame on you.

Why you crying? Stick to your mp level, farm and try to obtain better gear so you can farm higher mp levels. Want to talk about fair? I've farmed over 1000 hours to obtain my gear to beat mp8. Why should you, who's probably farmed 200 hours get the same benefits as me?

oh wait, you're one of those 1% dumb occupy wallstreet kids. Can't earn their way in life and expect everything handed to you.

Get a job loser
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 10/22/2012 11:32 AM PDT
As a Wizard, thank god. Yet we still need help.
Don't nerf, let it be, I spend 150 mill to upgrade gears so I can farm in mp7, now I can do mp10. No more fun, no more spending. How about create a voting system, so players can vote on issue and base on that to make changes.
View profile
Botters don't run MP10 you morons.
i find it amusing that in a game like this where its more about what gear you have than ability to play your class well, that most of those having issues with nerfs to the game to allow more players to experience it, are those with good gear already, and those same people like to call others noobs or unskilled. when about 50% or more of them would not do any better with the lower gear level.
gear doesnt make you a pro or elitist. just gives you a stronger weapon so to speak.
it wold be the equivelant of fighting someone and you have a gun, and the "noob" has a knife. if you were forced to use a knife as well, how "elite" would you be?
i know my gear is mid range, able to handle MP6, and the fact i play a monk which has had its issues with nerfs to its armor/dodge has some impact, but im not going to cry cause those stuck at MP 1 would jump into the content.
the mentality in alot of the trolls and elitists is just ridiculous. they dont even realize they are still a mediocre player with better gear than average.(sure some know how to play well and have gear, but many are just flexing their Epeen)

im sure these types are the same who hate playing games where only player skill determines who is better.

I have to admit that AH made a lot of regular players to be almost very good ones.
If damage was an issue, people would have been complaining about it in the forums already... If the change must be made, do it for MP 1-5 for lower geared players so that it is easier for them to gear up. After damage reduction, higher geared players would no longer have much a challenge anymore because MP 6 is already very close to MP 10 in damage.

Not to mention the fact that this reduction isn't necessary and goes against the philosophy of MP. Customized difficulty is what MP is all about. If the current difficulty is too hard, players can always make it easier...
Edited by orb#1118 on 10/22/2012 11:33 AM PDT

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh botters have the gold.... hence.. "they bot". So you say to make it harder who want to put forth time and finances. Well.. botters/bots can run 24/7 so time has been taken care of. Finances... they sell gold and have lots and lots and lots of gold/$$$ so hrmmmmmmmmmm they can already afford anything they want.

then they should do a real "fix" and do some more ban waves...
Damage is fine. Scale down the ubers health in mp8+ or take out enrage.
As the title suggests, we're going to be reducing the amount of damage monsters do in Inferno whenever Monster Power is enabled. Before I detail what's changing, though, let me first explain why we're making some adjustments.

When we originally designed and implemented the bonus values for monster damage in Inferno, we were unaware that a bug was causing monster abilities (i.e. Rare and Champion affixes) to not scale correctly with each Monster Power level. While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

So, to bring monster damage back in line with our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/7540457#damagehealth"]original goals for the system[/url], we're implementing a hotfix that will reduce the scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels.

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)

Please note that these changes will only apply to monster damage in Inferno difficulty. Monsters in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell will be unaffected and continue to use [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0"]their current values[/url].
This hotfix is currently scheduled to be released tomorrow morning during normal Tuesday maintenance in the Americas, which means the new bonus damage values in Inferno will take affect once the game servers come back online.

We heard you like bugs so we put a bug in this bug so the bugfix released the other bug!

Don't call it a bugfix if it didn't do what you wanted it to do.

Translation: Monster Damage was bugged, and not doing the damage we wanted it to do. We fixed the bug. Monster Damage is still bugged, and not doing the damage we wanted it to do.

So what exactly did you fix? Nothing.
Suck it you forever aloner elitists!
Edited by VLADIMIR#1701 on 10/22/2012 11:37 AM PDT
i can manage mp7 with a few friends. it is definitely challenging, but i am nowhere near a top tier demon hunter.
if the new mp 10 is same as the current mp 7, then what happens to all the other top tier players that are looking for a challenge and to press themselves?
mp is a great system, but there should be at least one mp level where current top tier players can thrive in.
I am not geared to farm MP 10, but I did have a look in, got 5 stacks and did the Act 1 key.

What I found was that monster damage in MP 10 1.0.5 is still less than Act 3 Inferno 1.0.2.

The damage is fine, mild even. The HP pools are huuuge, but you did explain the reason for that and it does make some sense.

But to nerf damage more in the hardest difficulty (and the others) when it is still less than vanilla, is...quite strange indeed.
WTF ! .... is this serious .... makes no sense .... can we get a MP15 than ?
i wish it was the hp nerf ;/ the damge is fine, gg blizz catering to noobs lol
Edited by Invoker668#1494 on 10/22/2012 11:40 AM PDT
Stupid change, you should nerf the hp from the higher levels not the damage.

the damage was fine, the hp is not.

ml10 have 34x times the regular hp but now just make 2,5x times its damage.....

yeah makes sense....... so its now just boring tank and spank coz you know they will not kill you its just about the time you spent on kills.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]