Diablo® III

441k EHP for MP10?

Just wondering if you guys feel 441k EHP is insufficient for MP10 level gameplay. I could switch my pants and gain 130k EHP (to 570k), but lose 13k DPS.
Edited by Baked#2579 on 10/24/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You could always try it. and then report back. it costs you only some time and gold.
Reply Quote
I run a high EHP on MP10, while nothing can kill me, nothing dies. Be aware of the trade off between living (cost of repair) and being able to kill mobs (gold per hour).

Just stick to the low MP levels and up your paragon level then by the time you are past Plvl 50 Blizz will have nerf'd MP10 so having a large EHP won't matter.
Reply Quote
View profile
if you can get 570k ehp with 15% life steal and 5mil dps then mp10 might be worthwhile.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 10/25/2012 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
685K here (or 725K versus elites) No.

It's not just about EHP, it's about the sustain. And thanks to Blizzard's incredible balance logic, LoH (meaning AC/RoT) is far superior to any combination of LS/Regen.

Right now just gonna level my paragon until I can dump my MF gear. I won't be stacking anymore EHP but rather will be going for Regen/%Reduction. Also trying to get more regen and +potion on bracers/gloves/belt. Willing to take a DPS and EHP cut to make it happen.

TL;DR - Sustain is more important then EHP

Just curious, but how do you come up with 685k?

If i plug your numbers into my spreadsheet i only come out with 557k vs normals and 599k vs elites.

Does your 685k count JF?

(Even with JF on my sheet i still only get 655.9k for your EHP vs normals
Edited by Xarkar#1840 on 10/25/2012 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I can survive high EHP situations, but it takes so long to kill anything it isn't worth the time. I have zero experience with uber bosses so I cannot comment there. I backed myself down to mp4 where it still makes sense to run GI/GF and am having the most fun. Highest I solo farmed was MP6 whimsy but man was it painful. I also joined one of the MP7 key farming groups and also found it more tedious than rewarding.
Reply Quote

It's not just about EHP, it's about the sustain. And thanks to Blizzard's incredible balance logic, LoH (meaning AC/RoT) is far superior to any combination of LS/Regen.

Right now just gonna level my paragon until I can dump my MF gear. I won't be stacking anymore EHP but rather will be going for Regen/%Reduction. Also trying to get more regen and +potion on bracers/gloves/belt. Willing to take a DPS and EHP cut to make it happen.

If i plug your numbers into my spreadsheet i only come out with 557k vs normals and 599k vs elites.

Does your 685k count JF?

Does your 685k count JF?

From Litany ring

IMO MP10 now nerf monster damage to 250% from 371% it is easy now even my WD can survive from fallen maniac(when full buff)
The point is how long that you can maintain your mana becoz if you oom LS Loh are out too.
Reply Quote
From Litany ring

I saw that, and it doesnt account for the differences.

Note how i said 599k vs elites, (thats the litany reduction).

I see where he got the number now, its off D3 progress. (which for what i can tell is not 100% accurate).
You can calculate damage reduction manually using the provided formulas, and you do not come out with teh same EHP as Dprogress.

Doesnt make a big difference, just odd that the numbers dont match.
Reply Quote
I run a high EHP on MP10, while nothing can kill me, nothing dies. Be aware of the trade off between living (cost of repair) and being able to kill mobs (gold per hour).

Just stick to the low MP levels and up your paragon level then by the time you are past Plvl 50 Blizz will have nerf'd MP10 so having a large EHP won't matter.

I know you don't want to die and all, but 15k damage is kind of low isn't it? How long does an ACT 3 run at MP3 take you?
Reply Quote

My alternate weapon is a 1400 DPS 90% CD Vigilance with 6% LS. I feel downright invincible up to MP7 with it equipped. I can face tank everything (other than Mallet Lords).

Acid Rain/Rot will never be able to clear as fast as bears. It does less damage. You're gimping yourself by using acid rain builds. Acid Rain spamming with old VQ meant you could sit and facetank everything down 'cause of the high life return. With higher MPs, the damage just isn't there to support that build.
Edited by Robochrist#1639 on 10/25/2012 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote

My alternate weapon is a 1400 DPS 90% CD Vigilance with 6% LS. I feel downright invincible up to MP7 with it equipped. I can face tank everything (other than Mallet Lords).

Acid Rain/Rot will never be able to clear as fast as bears. It does less damage. You're gimping yourself by using acid rain builds. Acid Rain spamming with old VQ meant you could sit and facetank everything down 'cause of the high life return. With higher MPs, the damage just isn't there to support that build.

In terms of beating the already dead horse, comparing bears vs. X on a pure damage basis is useless....bears win every time.

For lower MPs, AC > Bears if the mobs die in one cast because of the radius. At higher MPs, AC is still extremely viable for CC/LoH returns...just don't spam it. Remember it has a DoT so you can cast it once then switch to bears/WoS while the DoTs tick away and just recast when necessary.

IMO, AC remains our most versatile spell...at all MP levels. The DoT, proc effects, loh (and ls) ticks, and range make it pretty hard to beat. Of course, this is all coming from a proctor who has made it his mission life to perma-lock down mobs @ all MP levels :)
Reply Quote
It's our best spell - and super expensive. At lower MPs, I can continually run while dropping rains on the ground and stuff falls over in one cast.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't know how much EHP I actually have but I ran MP10 yesterday. 8 elite packs and all mobs.

act 1 forests, cemetary, fields for key.

Did it in about an hour and found 1 legendary. I still don't think MP10 is as effective for item / xp farming. I have found MP5 to be my favorite since I clear things with 1-2 bear casts and down elites in a couple seconds. I can usually find 1-2 legendaries / hour that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]