Diablo® III

Rapid fire/Shadow power bug

Shadow power life steal not working if started while Rapid fire channeling.
I have to stop rapid fire, and start channeling again to triger life steal, its very annoying.
Reply Quote
Yeah... its a bug! AND NEED TO BE SOLVED, because of that i cant play on MP more than 3!
Reply Quote
This bug is still present today.

This bug has been reported as early as june 2012, but these lazy and money hungry blizzard employees cant seem to fix it.
Reply Quote
Requested sticky to try and bring it to attention. It makes the ability completely unusable...
Reply Quote
View profile
yes it is a bug and needs to be looked into.

basically channeled skills are not updating (looking at your stats) on a per hit basis. meaning at present you channel rapid fire and it snapshots what you currently have and does not update until it is activated again.

how it should work though is:
  • you start channeling
  • it looks at your stats
  • shot one is fired
  • it looks at your stats
  • shot two is fired
  • it looks at your stats
  • shot three is fired
  • ...and so on
    this allows for it to automatically update in case something in your stats change. you just got lifesteal from an ability? no problem. next hit and everything after as long as the lifesteal is active you get it.

i dont know how much attack speed affects rapid fire, but the same for it. if some clicks a shrine while your mid-channel it would update on the next shot and account for the increase in attack speed.

edit: i do want to make sure im repeat this part though for clarification. "channeled skills are not updating (looking at your stats) on a per hit basis." its not just rapid fire. it happens to all channeled skills (strafe, rapid fire, etc).
    Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 3/15/2013 8:18 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    can we get a response on this? is it intended.... not intended or a fix already in the works or something?
    Reply Quote
    I still think this is intended and it would be difficult for them to change.

The problem is updating on a per hit basis would probably require a lot more power from the server than the way it works now. Imagine every channeled spell checking for buffs and gear changes 60 times a second. Multiply that by everyone using channeled spells and its probably not some trivial amount of server power.

I don't know if they will ever fix it or not but I doubt it would be an easy fix without causing more strain on the servers.

Channeled spells damaging up to 60 times a second source: (last part of the blue post.)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569389295#1
    Reply Quote
    Quality Assurance
    Hi Guys,

I wanted to pop in and give you all an update about this. I followed up on this with our development team and this is not intended behavior. That said, I do not have an ETA on when a fix may appear on live realms. I just wanted to let you guys know that it is definitely on our radar.

Thanks for the reports everyone!
    Reply Quote
    Yeah, this is not really a "bug" so much as it's just how Channeled abilities work. When you start channeling, it looks at your stats at the beginning and then doesn't look at them again until you do a new channel. It's actually quite useful for Demon Hunters, and I'd be kinda let down if they fixed it.

Making it constantly check your stats though would indeed require a good deal more processing power and a good deal more communication between the server and the client.
    Edited by Joey#1757 on 6/24/2013 8:24 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Yeah, this is not really a "bug" so much as it's just how Channeled abilities work. When you start channeling, it looks at your stats at the beginning and then doesn't look at them again until you do a new channel. It's actually quite useful for Demon Hunters, and I'd be kinda let down if they fixed it.

Making it constantly check your stats though would indeed require a good deal more processing power and a good deal more communication between the server and the client.

Not at all. WD bats you can go into spirit walk without breaking channel and you gain the ability. It looks like your main is a wd, you should realize this.
    Reply Quote
    It is not a bug. Pls don't fix this.
    Reply Quote
    This bug is still present today.

This bug has been reported as early as june 2012, but these lazy and money hungry blizzard employees cant seem to fix it.

Hi Guys,

I wanted to pop in and give you all an update about this. I followed up on this with our development team and this is not intended behavior. That said, I do not have an ETA on when a fix may appear on live realms. I just wanted to let you guys know that it is definitely on our radar.

Hi!

You guys are one-year slow!
    Reply Quote
    edit: nvm
    Edited by pacers101#1522 on 6/24/2013 10:49 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Works as intended. Please don't change anything.
    People who don't know how to use this feature should learn, not complain.
    Reply Quote
    What about creating a 2nd portal from new trisram to old trisram.
    * People are dragging inferno zombies to intentionally kill players afk or if they are joining a game.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Mage
    Hi Guys,

Could you guys please test also Strafe? Cause I believe problem looks pretty much the same in this case (though I haven't fully tested it).
    Reply Quote
    @Tsarnis is this fix going to remove the LIFE STEAL snapshot that has been in this game since launch on a variety of skills including Strafe and Shruiken cloud and be a flat out NERF or are we still keeping the snapshot but allowing us to gain LIFE STEAL effect after we start channeling a skill ?????????
    Reply Quote
    It shouldn't be touched. DH is already the low man on the totem pole, why screw up that class any more?
    Reply Quote
    Hi Guys,

Let me ask you something if i can: development team is also working on improving DH effective dps like Wyatt says or nothing will be touched (minor change maybe) as Travis stated?
    To be clear i don't ask for a huge buff but to follow your guideline "more resource used more damage": so if it is true Cluster shot that consume 50 of hate must have at least doubled damage or halved cost and same damage.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]