Diablo® III

[BUG] Graphics system performance failing

Adding more details and re-reporting this bug: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934726311

[Details]: When playing Act II mission - Lair of the Witch, on the Boss fight with Magdha, the game lags severely that it will actually cause in-game death for a well geared character fighting a relatively easy boss-fight.

The game then resumes acceptable frame-rate (FPS) after porting back to town, and returning to the lair (when boss-monster is dead).

Probable cause:
Since there are multiple people reporting this, this isn't user side issue. I have a high-end hardware, and my ISP is showing good MBPS. This is a game system issue that could be happening behind the codes of the Magdha boss fight.

Repro:
  • Initiate Boss fight of act II - Lair of the Witch.
  • Damage Magdha until she creates immunity barrier.
  • Kill minions, and then Damage Magdha further so she casts barrier second time
  • The game Lags in a painfully unplayable FPS, while AI in background system is attacking you at Full FPS
  • If Lucky to beat the boss fight, portal to town, and the game returns to optimal Frame rate.

Additional notes: After dying, fighting Magdha the second time and repeating the process makes the lag appear only a third as terrible.

Number of Repros: 3
Bug severity: High
Bug Type: System
Edited by numenorean#1374 on 10/26/2012 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Game also lagging for me, ONLY when fighting her in the lair each time as well. I am on a quadcore @ 3.6ghz, with a 480 GTX and 8GB memory, so obviously its not hardware related.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hey guys,

Thanks for your reports. This bug actually is not related to your computers, but a bug within the Maghda arena. There is a specific sound file that is producing an error over and over, spamming the client with this error message. This is only happening in the Maghda arena, and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

I'll update the Known Issues as well now that I know the cause of this.
Reply Quote
Wow. Just wow. I sure wish I'd known this about 15 minutes ago. I cleared Act II inferno though Maghda last night in softcore, and had no trouble during the Maghda fight. My hardcore monk is... was well geared, and was having no difficulty with the content set at MP0. Game was running smoothly, so there was absolutely no reason not to complete the quest. When Maghda hit 50% health, the game froze and I stared in horror, knowing with each passing second that doom was inevitable.

I play hardcore for the challenge. This is about as much of a skill test as Russian roulette.
Reply Quote
Vasadan, is it possible that this kind of sound file bug would happen in other areas? Since the last hotfix I had one sec freeze from time to time. I hypothesized that it was a file access thing. and I suspected a sound related issue.

ps: I also deleted the cache folder in order to fix this but it went even worse.
Reply Quote
If we turn off in game sound, will it prevent the bug temporarily? Anything we can do that can help this issue in the meantime?
Reply Quote
Wow. Just wow. I sure wish I'd known this about 15 minutes ago. I cleared Act II inferno though Maghda last night in softcore, and had no trouble during the Maghda fight. My hardcore monk is... was well geared, and was having no difficulty with the content set at MP0. Game was running smoothly, so there was absolutely no reason not to complete the quest. When Maghda hit 50% health, the game froze and I stared in horror, knowing with each passing second that doom was inevitable.

I play hardcore for the challenge. This is about as much of a skill test as Russian roulette.

Dude, that totally sucks. RIP
Reply Quote
10/27/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Speranza
If we turn off in game sound, will it prevent the bug temporarily? Anything we can do that can help this issue in the meantime?

^
Reply Quote
same with Cydea..
Reply Quote
It seems somewhat ridiculous to me that they will wait to fix this bug in a future patch and not in an immediate hotfix. Think of all the hardcore characters that could be lost.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 02:34 PMPosted by VTFish
It seems somewhat ridiculous to me that they will wait to fix this bug in a future patch and not in an immediate hotfix. Think of all the hardcore characters that could be lost.

Since they have noted the problem arises from a continuously re-reported error, it is a client bug and would require a client patch. Looks like we caught this just a tad too late to make 1.0.5a. But I hope we do see another small patch soon to fix this.
Reply Quote
You would have thought this was fixed by now...
But no... bug still exists. Which means I cant make further progress with my char, because this fight is impossible to do atm.

Any ETA on a fix yet?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]