Diablo® III

MF & Infernal Machine Keys

I've read Blizzard's notes on the infernal machine, and realize that each MP provides an extra 10% chance at a key. But there is no mention of Magic Find.

Does anyone know if MF positively effects key drop rates? And please mention where you got your information from :) Thanks!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I just wanted to jump in to clarify that Magic Find does not increase the chance of key drops. Only Monster Power level does so.
Edited by Vaeflare on 10/17/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 02:38 PMPosted by jellyman
does that mean nephalem valor buffs dont do anything either?

You need 5 stack to drop keys. 4 stack or below = 0%.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/17/2012 02:38 PMPosted by jellyman
does that mean nephalem valor buffs dont do anything either?

A full five stacks of Nephalem Valor is required in order for the keys (and the demonic organs) to drop.
Reply Quote
i believe u do need stacks...mp10 uber inferno youtube vid with no stacks didnt get organ drop
Reply Quote
lyrilla can you possibly respond to the Infernal machine blog stating that monster power isnt required to get keys and organs to drop?

is this the case, or was it a mistake in the blog?

thanks in advance if im so lucky...
Edited by AangTheNomad#1702 on 10/17/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So if only mp level affects the key drops how can you get keys on mp 0?

So there must be like 1% chance to start with after having 5 stacks.

I also take it that this is the same for organs?

Or are they different.

Thanks.

To edit, heard of people getting the plan from act 4 on mp 0, surely they can't all be different with regards to the mechanics of the rng!
Edited by FTL1#2225 on 10/17/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1% in MP0
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I just wanted to jump in to clarify that Magic Find does not increase the chance of key drops. Only Monster Power level does so.

Does this go for organs as well?
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Thank you for the speedy reply, sir. I suppose that MF does not affect organ drops as well then?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
lyrilla can you possibly respond to the Infernal machine blog stating that monster power isnt required to get keys and organs to drop?

Monster Power isn't required. At MP0, the drop rate for both the keys and organ pieces is 5%. At MP1, that chance increases to 10%, at MP2 it's 20%, and so on until MP10 (which grants a 100% drop chance for those items).
Reply Quote

Monster Power isn't required. At MP0, the drop rate for both the keys and organ pieces is 5%. At MP1, that chance increases to 10%, at MP2 it's 20%, and so on until MP10 (which grants a 100% drop chance for those items).

thanks a ton for clarifying this! it's been bugging me all night and day since that blog was released.

any chance you can clarify the "bonus item" chances for Monster Power?

i've played a fair amount on MP10 and haven't seen many mobs drop more than 1 item, even tho the "bonus item" chance is supposed to be 100%. Assuming 100% is correct, it seems like monster's shouldn't be able to drop less than 2 items...

that's my last question, i promise :)
Edited by AangTheNomad#1702 on 10/17/2012 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome :D thanks Lylirra
Reply Quote
If monsters arn't meant to drop an item, then one item is that guaranteed item.

They don't usually drop an item EVERYtime lol I'd say its working.
Reply Quote

thanks a ton for clarifying this! it's been bugging me all night and day since that blog was released.

any chance you can clarify the "bonus item" chances for Monster Power?

i've played a fair amount on MP10 and haven't seen many mobs drop more than 1 item, even tho the "bonus item" chance is supposed to be 100%. Assuming 100% is correct, it seems like monster's shouldn't be able to drop less than 2 items...

that's my last question, i promise :)

I think a pile of gold counts as a "bonus loot". So if you kill a mob on MP10 and it drops 1 item and 1 pile of gold, it would still appear to be working properly.

But if you are really getting exactly 1 item and nothing else on MP10, then it sounds bugged (or hte blog was wrong).

Can you please clarify?
Reply Quote
If monsters arn't meant to drop an item, then one item is that guaranteed item.

They don't usually drop an item EVERYtime lol I'd say its working.

reread the monster power blog; the 'bonus item' chance is only applied if the monster has already rolled to drop an item in the first place.

"In Inferno, in addition to increased experience, Magic Find, and Gold Find, whenever a monster dies and drops an item normally (whether it be gold, a potion, or a piece of gear), the monster also has a chance to drop an additional bonus item. The chance to drop a bonus item will scale up with each MP level as detailed in the table below."

10/17/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Gergall
Can you please clarify?

im aware that gold and potions and gems etc count as items. i was looking at those too. i spent about half an hour last night killing single zombies, one at a time, at the beginning of act 1 so i could make sure how many items were dropping per mob. after killing about 20-30 zombies, roughly 1/6 dropped an item, be it gold or potions or w/e. not a single creature dropped more than 1 item or pile of gold, etc.
Edited by AangTheNomad#1702 on 10/17/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Regular trash mobs have about a 30% chance to drop an item. If that roll succeeds and an item drops then a second roll will apply based on your MP level. If you are playing MP3 then there will be a 30% chance to get an additional drop likewise there will be a 100% chance for an additional drop at MP10. So at MP10 all trash mobs will have a 30% chance to drop TWO items. Hope that makes sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]