Diablo® III

The Raining Meteor build *Starters' edition*

When i came back after after a small break due to boredom I discovered the new Meteor and loved it. After reading about this build I thought non-stop metoers would be fun so I overhauled my entire gear set-up and now Im finally happy with my gear and man do I notice a difference. I copy'd Emperor spec and have been able to kill on MP 5 which is alot better then I was at before. Thanks for this guide, it's been alot of help.
Just did a 4-5 runs of act 2 mp 8 with Emperor. Super impressed with his build. Big Dps and great survivability. Will definitely be playing more runs with him in the future!
@Rune - no problem ! glad i could help

Uploaded a new video! Better and clearer gameplay of the advanced meteor build! Be sure to check it out, link is on the first post of this thread!
I have been trying to use Molten Impact instead of Meteor Shower but it procs alot less Critical Mass and APoC so I can't keep up Diamond Armor Prism or spam my Meteors nearly as much. Do you find yourself without AP much? I went back to Meteor shower since it just seems alot smoother to me.

Also I just found my first goldmine and expect a payout of at least 50 Mil. What do you think I should upgrade next other than my ring since imtrying to farm to get Hellfire to help get my Paragon up faster.
Edited by Rune#1793 on 11/16/2012 9:42 PM PST
@Rune - Sometimes, but my meteor ap reduction is very high, it only cost me 27 ap to cast molten impact, and my ap regen is 16 per second, therefore downtime for me is very very low... you might want to up your cc too if your issue is about being unable to proc CM.

you should get a tal's ammy with cc
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 11/16/2012 9:50 PM PST
I wish I could afford a crit Tals but cheapest is 65 mil so prob not yet.

I see in your video you use a Hellrack Scoundrel for your follower. Have you tried using a Buriza+Star setup? The constant slowing from cold dmg plus freeze chance and for me blind chance, with Star you can get any chance skill you want (or can afford lol) he adds is quite awesome and the best follower setup I have found.
@Rune - wow, will get that soon. definately gonna be very useful! thanks for the tips
Been Playing CM/WW and it got boring really fast.

Just wanted to say that this build is really fun to play on top of being good!
View profile
This build is terribly inefficient but whatever make u happy.

Here is a meteor build that gits it done in MP10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhUhL75jZQ&feature=plcp
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 5:13 PM PST
This build is terribly inefficient but whatever make u happy.

Here is a meteor build that gits it done in MP10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhUhL75jZQ&feature=plcp

terribly inefficient? I'm sorry but i'm failing to see the point here. Been farming with Emperor for quite awhile now, and honestly, it's been a blast. According to him, he boosts the party damage by 30% *I think*, and it was very efficient.

Watched your video, do you ACTUALLY spam 5 skills like a mindless zombie just to play this game? If so... whatever makes you happy. LOL

*edit : Yeah i know what a macro is, but rofl the idea of a macro to play a build...*
Edited by Korlic#6835 on 11/18/2012 6:41 PM PST
Im trying to gear toward that build at the moment. But item are pretty limited on HC side :P Still waiting to see a -meteor cost Skull grasp.

Nice guide Emperor.

So far my Wiz is doing fine for a fresh lvl60 :)
@ThoseLungs - thank you :)

@Aimless - ok mr.efficient. i'm happy with my build though, are you?

@lllPowerlll - thank you :)
Hey Emperor

What are the stats needed to switch to molten? how much -ap meteor and crit do you need to run it without a problem?

Loosing 5k dps from weapon force for familiar arcanot worth it?

Thanks
@lllPowerlll - i'm having -13 meteor ap reduction from items and i'm at 49CC, i would think getting -10 meteor ap reduction and 40% CC, you would be able to run it as long as you have tal's set bonus and 3 apoc items (weapon, helm, source).

definately worth it. paper dps means nothing if you aren't able to constantly shoot meteors.

Are you playing this build in hardcore mode? please very careful of reflect damage...
@lllPowerlll - i'm having -13 meteor ap reduction from items and i'm at 49CC, i would think getting -10 meteor ap reduction and 40% CC, you would be able to run it as long as you have tal's set bonus and 3 apoc items (weapon, helm, source).

definately worth it. paper dps means nothing if you aren't able to constantly shoot meteors.

Are you playing this build in hardcore mode? please very careful of reflect damage...

Yea im in hardcore.

Got my 4 tals bonus, about 33%crit chance. I tried molten on big group of mob i can spam it constantly but not on 2-3 mob. I might go back to star fall.

That s the hard thing for me, since im in hardcore, i need to keep a good armor/res/hp ratio. I cant go all dps/crit :P ATM i dont have a problem with reflect, my main problem is watching out for frozen/desecrator and arcane. I still pay too much attention to my diamond skin/time spell cd than the thing that could damage me :P
So for this build, I suppose I will need CC as high as possible? And CD over IAS? This will be the build for my second Wiz, it will be more fun than CM I think. Also do you think about 2.00 LS is enough? And at what level of DPS that I need more than 3.00 LS?(that I need to use BM)

I know I asked a lot, but hey I think this build is very cool, so I want to try it! Thanks :)
Hey, just came here to say thx for this interesting build, great job done, much more interesting for me than CM!)
I just wanted to come and say thanks, and that I haven't been as excited as t his build has got me a bout this game in well, since I started. Amazing once you tweak it to your situation and spend some time with it. Got all giddy when I saw a 748K crit. It's like a purple hand of god coming down and headshoting stuff. Very graphicly intense with meteors and bubbles and stuff flying everywhere. Damn fun, great job on the build.
View profile
would you mind taking a look at my build and critiquing it please
View profile
ah dam ofc my profile isnt updated -.-

maybe by the time someone sees this it will be...

currently wearing WH, Tal Rashas neckpiece, and depth diggers. thats how you can know its up to date
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]