Diablo® III

The Raining Meteor build *Starters' edition*

@ caris
i tried to win this wand for 26m€ :-)

now i have to use a slightly worse one( 20m€)
12/09/2012 07:48 PMPosted by aceD
So basically the only answer to dealing with RD is to kill them very slowly and kited...DAM.

I have almost the same build and the answer is having 3%-4% Life Steal. It works for me.
@ caris
i tried to win this wand for 26m€ :-)

now i have to use a slightly worse one( 20m€)

Ohh dear - what can I say. Your wand is not bad though. I'd really like to get one with 1100+ dmg, but there are not many of those and they cost way too much.

I'm trying out Meteor Shower atm. It seems to make faming more smooth. In large packs it means alot more hits and even on single targets it takes longer to run out of AP.
Not seeing those big crits though - obviously.
I'm trying to build my wz like this but i have only 10 apoc , cc 55 and reduce meteor 4, its ok?
Hi and thanks for the cool build.
I'd have to get some more items to get it perfect, but so far it's doing a great job for me ;)
@DarkInfinity: Definitely get more APoC sir (and crit chance)! I personally prefer 25+APoC if I'm just relying on Meteor (without Wicked Wind). Overall meteor reduction is very helpful in reducing the cost of Meteors, but the faster you're casting Meteors, the harder it is to rely on your intrinsic arcane power regeneration to keep up with the Meteor spam. You can probably pickup a legendary source with Meteor Reduction and APoC pretty cheaply (but you're probably gonna pay a lot more for Chantodo's Force). Your other alternative is to use a primary (with the Prodigy passive) to fuel your Meteors.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 12/17/2012 8:08 AM PST
i have a ring crit/int -4 meteor skull grasp on AH now
Edited by ThxPal#1163 on 12/19/2012 2:59 PM PST
recently re-evalutated my RM build. Im droping storm armour for LL and dropping -5 SoJ for -4 CC/CD Skull Grasp.

Dropping Depth Diggers for Blackthornes and probably my Rare Helm for CC Storm Crow.

Dropping Zunis for Tals Armour.

Although I was able to farm MP8 with my old gear set up, RD Mobs took between 3 and 8 deaths before they were actually dead because of the insane burst damage involved. LoH + LL combo & a bunch of IAS is going to make this build a lot more survivable in MP5. I'll be losing a lot of AR by making this switch (70 from body, 70 from helm, ~50 from pants) so my mitigation is going to go down, but my ability to kite and regain life due to the CM&LoH procs from LL are going to far outweigh that.

Because of the ridiculous APoC created by LL with 30APoC im also considering dropping Diamond Skin. I really dont need to meteor reduction from my skills anymore.

I expect this build to be a lot more kitey without the ~200 AR I'll be sacrificing, so I'm trying to figure out 2 skills that might be able to take the place of diamond skin and frost nova, hoping for some discussion &/ suggestions.

Cant wait to make this all happen and let everyone know how much better its working for me ;) i <333 LL BTW!
@aceD - I tried that setup. Someone else suggested it earlier in this thread I think. I just can't get used to it - feels too much like button spamming for me. Everytime I try I go back to Emperors build after a few keyruns.
But good for you - nice you can make it work.
Yeh being able to just hold down one button is also nice but I really just needed a way to deal with rd. maybe after they "fix"/adjust rd I will be able to go back to emporers original build
hello ,
if my wz only meteor and meteor lol ^.^ ( no more ww) , 2.74 aps is too much right? I ll down my aps to 2.0 maybe to get more intel , cd , cc (more dps) . <- Is it a good idea?
@DarkInfinity: Nice setup!!! Love your dps. You can actually spam meteors with very high aps, but it's harder. You can't rely on Arcane Power regeneration (and stuff like Astral Presence or Familiar [Arcanot]) to help with your Meteor spam. If you want to make 2.74aps work well, you need as much APoC as you can get. I'd recommend a Storm Crow and see if you like it. I have an Andariels that I use for WW, but it's not as good for Meteor only builds (which is analogious to your Mempo). With 25+ APoC, you should be able to spam non-stop against all enemies, except single target situations. And on the plus if you keep your high aps, you can still benefit from permafreeze if you want it. Though Frost Nova really eats into our available actions, so I often keep Frost Nova only as a backup when I spam my meteors.
@aceD - you could try replacing diamond skin with frost hydra, and frost nova for magic weapon (any rune of your choice), and since LL is the ap regenerator, you could drop astral presence for cold blooded.
Hence you'll have conflag + cold blooded + slow time + magic weapon = major damage boost
oh, and you could change arcanot for sparkflint for even higher meteor dmg.
just my 2 cents !

@DarkInfinity - just a question... why comet? is it for cold blooded? here's something someone taught me earlier on in this thread, get burize (as high chance to freeze as possible) on your scoundrel, burize does cold damage on every hit and it freezes at times, so it'd be like having a semi freeze wiz on your party. totally awesome, and you can use molten impact with cold blooded then. cheers !
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 12/24/2012 3:45 AM PST
Liquify is also a good choice if you want to permafreeze everything with Frost Nova, except for single targets (which is only partial due to the lack of procs). I've personally gotten very close to permafreeze with Meteor, but I'm still coming up a bit short.
12/24/2012 12:32 AMPosted by TekkZero
@DarkInfinity: Nice setup!!! Love your dps. You can actually spam meteors with very high aps, but it's harder. You can't rely on Arcane Power regeneration (and stuff like Astral Presence or Familiar [Arcanot]) to help with your Meteor spam. If you want to make 2.74aps work well, you need as much APoC as you can get. I'd recommend a Storm Crow and see if you like it. I have an Andariels that I use for WW, but it's not as good for Meteor only builds (which is analogious to your Mempo). With 25+ APoC, you should be able to spam non-stop against all enemies, except single target situations. And on the plus if you keep your high aps, you can still benefit from permafreeze if you want it. Though Frost Nova really eats into our available actions, so I often keep Frost Nova only as a backup when I spam my meteors.

ya but storm crow with cc = no socket :( , im looking 4 good Mara's Kaleidoscope then , hope it doesnt have crazy price ... like skull gap cc 3 =200m .... lol

@aceD - you could try replacing diamond skin with frost hydra, and frost nova for magic weapon (any rune of your choice), and since LL is the ap regenerator, you could drop astral presence for cold blooded.
Hence you'll have conflag + cold blooded + slow time + magic weapon = major damage boost
oh, and you could change arcanot for sparkflint for even higher meteor dmg.
just my 2 cents !

@DarkInfinity - just a question... why comet? is it for cold blooded? here's something someone taught me earlier on in this thread, get burize (as high chance to freeze as possible) on your scoundrel, burize does cold damage on every hit and it freezes at times, so it'd be like having a semi freeze wiz on your party. totally awesome, and you can use molten impact with cold blooded then. cheers !

comet not becos cold blood , slow enemy 60% 3 s is reason i try it. I have low EHP comet make me feel safer lol. Btw im still not complete my gears that why i dont know what rune i ll use :(.
Edited by DarkInfinity#6791 on 12/25/2012 7:56 AM PST
@DarkInfinity: Yeah, it's unfortunately a tradeoff. You could alternatively look for a rare wizard hat with OS, CC, and APOC (as well as maybe Intelligence+All Resist). APoC is IMO the most important part of a good meteor build, followed by Meteor Reduction. You can even stutterfreeze the ubers if you build it right. I've done it up to MP9 using the gear/skills in my profile. And I don't really have very good gear, though I was lucky to snag a cc Skull Grasp before they got expensive. I personally like Skull Grasp+Mara's+Source for Meteor Reduction. I'm not fond at all with SoJ, but that's because it doesn't provide IAS+CC. Though having some extra AP from SOJ can help get the spam going.

The problem is that the procs don't really work out for an infinite spam with APoC on a single target. Though I'm pretty close with my current setup with 2.5aps/55cc/25APoC/18 Meteor Reduction. I've also tried with some higher stats too: 2.73aps/63cc/28APoC/21 Meteor Reduction (though not all of these maxed out at any given time). If you want, feel free to add me in game and I'd be happy to give you a demonstration sometime if you're curious how far you can push a Meteor-only build with stutterfreeze. And Liquefy is the only rune that works for the permafreeze build, because you need a lot of "steady-state" procs from stacking multiple meteor aftershocks (kinda like we stack WW on targets).
This build rocks and I would like to thank you for sharing it. My Wiz is not that strong so I had to modify it a little, but it is working well for me.
My main is a Barb so I am a little inexperienced with Wizards...I have 19 APoC..what is the coefficient of return when I use Star Pact vs, lets say, Meteor Shower? Would I get more in return from Star Pact or the other?
The proc coefficients are:
Molten Impact+Comet = 0.125;
Star Pact+Liquefy = 0.106;
Meteor Shower = 0.05;
Note: For the initial burst, it's "twice the proc coefficient," since the burst damage+first tick of the aftershock are simultaneous.
The proc coefficients are:
Molten Impact+Comet = 0.125;
Star Pact+Liquefy = 0.106;
Meteor Shower = 0.05;
Note: For the initial burst, it's "twice the proc coefficient," since the burst damage+first tick of the aftershock are simultaneous.

Thanks! I been trying both Star Pact and Meteor Shower but I don't think my gear is good enough to use the latter..Star PAct is still awesome though!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]