Diablo® III

The Raining Meteor build *Starters' edition*

10/20/2012 08:03 AMPosted by nitrocan
Meteor is a fixed 2 ticks/sec unlike ET.

Eh, no. It's 1 tick per second.

And lol you guys are really late on the meteor train. If you're gonna use meteor, don't use star pact. It sucks. Another thing is that if you play meteor without CM, you're cutting down your efficiency by a massive number.

Just get 1 or 2 reduced meteor cost items (SoJ / source), get lots of APoC and CC and use liquefy or meteor shower. Don't need to use power of the storm, change it for pinpoint barrier.

Obviously, meteor is garbage compared to what it was at one point in time. I wish I was still a meteor wizard...

I see everyone here using CM.. the whole point of the build is to spam meteor and refresh Prism/Bubbe/Teleport. Combined with Power of the Storm, Star Pact costs 20 AP.

I see everyone here using CM.. the whole point of the build is to spam meteor and refresh Prism/Bubbe/Teleport. Combined with Power of the Storm, Star Pact costs 20 AP.

By CM, I meant the good old DS/FN combination. Star pact is only for people who can't afford meteor's high AP cost. If you have prism and 2 items that reduce meteor cost by 5 AP, you can cast the other runes for only 33 AP. With high APoC and CC, you can spam meteor just as easily.

But it's still not close to how it was in 1.0.5 pre nerf...

By CM, I meant the good old DS/FN combination. Star pact is only for people who can't afford meteor's high AP cost. If you have prism and 2 items that reduce meteor cost by 5 AP, you can cast the other runes for only 33 AP. With high APoC and CC, you can spam meteor just as easily.

But it's still not close to how it was in 1.0.5 pre nerf...

I see, thank you.

I beleive the slow buff to Slow Time makes it easier to pack ennemies and therefore not having to use Frost Nova..
Edited by Bashem#1782 on 10/20/2012 10:23 AM PDT
frankly i see this as a kite build, I don't get why you want to use slow time instead of blizzard where you aren't affected so much so by things like cd.
@tritestuff - yes i agree, this is not the most efficient farming build as it has weaknesses - reflect dmg, so cm/ww definitely wins. well actually cm/ww wins every build out there. but in terms of fun, i think the comments speak for itself! here's my thought, if everything is about efficiency, whats the point of playing a game? isn't it supposed to be fun...? just a thought, peace out

@Sylar - well of course the higher dps you have without the cost of important stats, the better you'd fare in higher mp levels! but that doesn't mean with less than 100k dps, this build is not viable!

@Bashem - yes reflect dmg are a pain in the !@#!!! electrified are easy with slow time, the only affix i die to are reflect dmg, but i think many builds out there are also afraid of this affix ^^

@nitro - actually, your quite wrong there. with my current gear and high ap source, sure against a big number of mobs, my ap is endless, but against single mobs, if i use other meteor runes, i can't "spam" it, i actually have to wait quite abit because the proc rate is very bad now^^.

also, yes i have tried it wif nova, it also works, but one thing is i hate playing my wiz mindlessly, where all i do is spam three buttons. it is so tiring & boring ! no offence to cm/ww wiz !

@chrisloup - yes i have tried it with blizz before, but it doesn't work as well because, the snare on blizzard isn't as slow unless you have gasping chill on, and it doesn't protect you from range attacks. not to mention the amplified damage bonus in slow time! cd also isn't much of a problem as you can see, it cooldowns down very fast.

well in mp10, every build that doesn't have frost nova and cm in it is a kite build ^^.
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/20/2012 11:05 AM PDT
lots of great feedbacks from the EU side! bump for US side !
@tritestuff - yes i agree, this is not the most efficient farming build as it has weaknesses - reflect dmg, so cm/ww definitely wins. well actually cm/ww wins every build out there. but in terms of fun, i think the comments speak for itself! here's my thought, if everything is about efficiency, whats the point of playing a game? isn't it supposed to be fun...? just a thought, peace out

@Sylar - well of course the higher dps you have without the cost of important stats, the better you'd fare in higher mp levels! but that doesn't mean with less than 100k dps, this build is not viable!

@Bashem - yes reflect dmg are a pain in the !@#!!! electrified are easy with slow time, the only affix i die to are reflect dmg, but i think many builds out there are also afraid of this affix ^^

@nitro - actually, your quite wrong there. with my current gear and high ap source, sure against a big number of mobs, my ap is endless, but against single mobs, if i use other meteor runes, i can't "spam" it, i actually have to wait quite abit because the proc rate is very bad now^^.

also, yes i have tried it wif nova, it also works, but one thing is i hate playing my wiz mindlessly, where all i do is spam three buttons. it is so tiring & boring ! no offence to cm/ww wiz !

@chrisloup - yes i have tried it with blizz before, but it doesn't work as well because, the snare on blizzard isn't as slow unless you have gasping chill on, and it doesn't protect you from range attacks. not to mention the amplified damage bonus in slow time! cd also isn't much of a problem as you can see, it cooldowns down very fast.

well in mp10, every build that doesn't have frost nova and cm in it is a kite build ^^.

Yeah I know, meteor is not spammable against a single enemy. I'm part of the reason why :( lol
Had to laugh at that one nitro...:)
Best build for MP6+ ever!
@Arrogante - thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed the build! it's my pleasure to have you tried out the build, appreciate the feedback! thanks again !
i've been looking for builds for days as i was abit lost with my wizard (and i hate CM/WW playstile) and this one seems to be working great so far, thanks!!
@Nieb - thank you for taking the time and effort to try the build out!

on a side note, i notice you are using crystal shell rune in diamond skin. was that intended or a mistake. im only asking because i want you to reap the full benefits of the build ~ prism skill rune would allow you to cast more meteors, and slow time + teleport shud suffice for defense

but thanks again!
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/20/2012 10:38 PM PDT
How is kiting even remotely possible without illusionist passive? Anything thats fast (like demonic tremors with fast!) or has teleport will be in your face sooner or later, slow time isn't going to help you much there.
View profile
I want to see phase beast video.
Wow, very similar to a build I found http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934363580
So much for build diversity, everyone is going to end up with the same set of skills at this rate.
@tastedeath - actually, demonic tremors are one of the easiest mob i can handle with this build, because of the constant teleporting, my decoys serve as nice distraction and they run straight into slow time to attack the decoys! and because they have such wide body mass, its so easy for my meteor to proc CM, so all the skills are practically not on cooldown all the time!

@aimless - yes that is one pack that i have trouble with because of their natural ability to teleport, but with proper micro, i can deal with them! not on mp10 though, they hit too hard :(, i would think mp8 at best ! i'll see what i can do and upload it if im free, along with demonic tremors!
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/21/2012 1:46 AM PDT
I do enjoy it, because Meteor is one of my favorite things, one reason I rolled Wizard and I had MULTIPLE meteor sorcs in D2 for pure fun. I just feel it's bordering on the 'very specific' gear check to see the most "shine" out of it. Obviously things I do not have. Kind of like the point where you thought CM/SC was garbage until you picked up a Chant's set and finally realized what people were on about :)

Side note: I hate Star Pact. That is just Night Elf crap :( Meteors should be giant fireballs of death~!

I put Arcane Hydra instead of Slow Time and it was working well for me, since it's kind of fire and forget. I just don't bother with super high MP though.

Thanks for sharing and good to see someone passionate about spreading their build to break the norm of other supposedly "pigeonholed" options ;)
Edited by Mangadrive#1427 on 10/21/2012 3:39 AM PDT
100 Undead Warrior
what you do vs goblins?
Edited by Radamenth#1925 on 10/21/2012 4:24 AM PDT
10/21/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Donfreak
what you do vs goblins?

You cast meteors on them and Goblins die in seconds.

Also, it's difficult not to use Meteor Shower. It seems much more stronger and efficient. The dmg is higher and the proc rate also du to the larger hit area.
@tastedeath - actually, demonic tremors are one of the easiest mob i can handle with this build, because of the constant teleporting, my decoys serve as nice distraction and they run straight into slow time to attack the decoys! and because they have such wide body mass, its so easy for my meteor to proc CM, so all the skills are practically not on cooldown all the time!

Certain elite packs with the fast affix cannot be slowed with a snare, not even RoF's numb rune will slow them significantly so I don't get how slow time's 20% snare will do anything. I see you made an MP10 vid but honestly I'm not convinced that this build works on MP10, the packs you killed in the vid were relatively easy packs, I don't think this is much different from other kiting builds...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]