Diablo® III

The Raining Meteor build *Starters' edition*

@aimless - yes that is one pack that i have trouble with because of their natural ability to teleport, but with proper micro, i can deal with them! not on mp10 though, they hit too hard :(, i would think mp8 at best ! i'll see what i can do and upload it if im free, along with demonic tremors!

This is what I was trying to say. The ONLY difference between this build and the CM meteor build me and aimless used is that you have magic weapon instead of frost nova. Even the passives are the same.

You could easily replace magic weapon with frost nova and make the build a lot more versatile than the way it is now. It'll be up to you to play ranged or melee.

@aimless - yes that is one pack that i have trouble with because of their natural ability to teleport, but with proper micro, i can deal with them! not on mp10 though, they hit too hard :(, i would think mp8 at best ! i'll see what i can do and upload it if im free, along with demonic tremors!

This is what I was trying to say. The ONLY difference between this build and the CM meteor build me and aimless used is that you have magic weapon instead of frost nova. Even the passives are the same.

You could easily replace magic weapon with frost nova and make the build a lot more versatile than the way it is now. It'll be up to you to play ranged or melee.

Maybe he enjoys kiting?

Maybe he enjoys kiting?

Did you even read my post? lol

I said if you incorporate FN, you can choose to kite OR play melee.

Maybe he enjoys kiting?

Well FN is just taking up space on his skillbar if he isn't ever going to melee anything (if he only wants/likes to kite), he might as well run FW for more dps.

Well FN is just taking up space on his skillbar if he isn't ever going to melee anything (if he only wants/likes to kite), he might as well run FW for more dps.

I'd say magic weapon is a lot more of a placeholder skill than frost nova since all it does is increase your DPS. Adding frost nova makes it possible to handle packs you cannot possibly kite. There's almost no reason not to use it.

I'd say magic weapon is a lot more of a placeholder skill than frost nova since all it does is increase your DPS. Adding frost nova makes it possible to handle packs you cannot possibly kite. There's almost no reason not to use it.

I agree but this is purely personal preference. Perhaps he hates mashing 1,2,3 or 1,2,1,2 so he doesn't even want to entertain the possibility of using FN. D3 is a game afterall, most wizards would have re-rolled a barb if it was just about versatility or farming efficiency.

I agree but this is purely personal preference. Perhaps he hates mashing 1,2,3 or 1,2,1,2 so he doesn't even want to entertain the possibility of using FN. D3 is a game afterall, most wizards would have re-rolled a barb if it was just about versatility or farming efficiency.

For meteor, there's no 3. That's slow time, meaning that you only need to hold down 1 and 2 so there's no mashing involved.

Even if he just hates the notion of melee, he can use frost nova as an additional layer of protection when phasebeasts/tremors get too hard to kite, giving him time to cast lots of meteors and refreshing teleport/frost nova to use them again.
Great idea! I am having fun with it so far.
@tritestuff - yes i agree, this is not the most efficient farming build as it has weaknesses - reflect dmg, so cm/ww definitely wins. well actually cm/ww wins every build out there. but in terms of fun, i think the comments speak for itself! here's my thought, if everything is about efficiency, whats the point of playing a game? isn't it supposed to be fun...? just a thought, peace out

@Sylar - well of course the higher dps you have without the cost of important stats, the better you'd fare in higher mp levels! but that doesn't mean with less than 100k dps, this build is not viable!

@Bashem - yes reflect dmg are a pain in the !@#!!! electrified are easy with slow time, the only affix i die to are reflect dmg, but i think many builds out there are also afraid of this affix ^^

@nitro - actually, your quite wrong there. with my current gear and high ap source, sure against a big number of mobs, my ap is endless, but against single mobs, if i use other meteor runes, i can't "spam" it, i actually have to wait quite abit because the proc rate is very bad now^^.

also, yes i have tried it wif nova, it also works, but one thing is i hate playing my wiz mindlessly, where all i do is spam three buttons. it is so tiring & boring ! no offence to cm/ww wiz !

@chrisloup - yes i have tried it with blizz before, but it doesn't work as well because, the snare on blizzard isn't as slow unless you have gasping chill on, and it doesn't protect you from range attacks. not to mention the amplified damage bonus in slow time! cd also isn't much of a problem as you can see, it cooldowns down very fast.

well in mp10, every build that doesn't have frost nova and cm in it is a kite build ^^.

Yeah I know, meteor is not spammable against a single enemy. I'm part of the reason why :( lol

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Silverkronan-1857/hero/3351025
Look at this guy! He has -29 Meteor cost... 6AP per star pact meteor is literally SPAMMABLE even in an empty room, not to mention on a single target LOL
spammable how? like it's useless if you can spam FN and shell at same time as well cuz wiz dies if a paper airplane hits them let alone MP10 monsters hit them so you need that crowd control while standing there spamming.
@TasteDeath - actually slow time has a 60% snare... and yes, farming mp10 with this build is not efficient, but then again which build is other than cm/ww?

@nitrocan - actually, i dont have any LS on my gear, and good LS weapons are expensive, so magic weapon to me is pretty much mandatory. and yes, as i said it before many times, this build is not the most efficient build there is, but at least its fun ! if i am lookin for efficiency, i would have gone for the cookie cutter cm/ww build or reroll into other classes.

on a side note, you have to know that with the addition of monster levels, other acts are now farmable! i'd like to add this because i believe the packs you are talking about that is "almost impossible to kite" are "Hulking phase beasts; demonic tremors and soul lashers/rippers". so, i think we should all learn to be versatile and not follow blindly to whatever is deemed the right way to play ^^
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/21/2012 12:47 PM PDT
Lol you changed the name from Raining Jewels?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Silverkronan-1857/hero/3351025
Look at this guy! He has -29 Meteor cost... 6AP per star pact meteor is literally SPAMMABLE even in an empty room, not to mention on a single target LOL

It sucks that you need to get all these stupid items like mara's to get meteor going. Even with that, he has next to no CC and only 20 APoC. That gear set is just for fun and only viable for few combination of affixes on elites.

@nitrocan - actually, i dont have any LS on my gear, and good LS weapons are expensive, so magic weapon to me is pretty much mandatory. and yes, as i said it before many times, this build is not the most efficient build there is, but at least its fun ! if i am lookin for efficiency, i would have gone for the cookie cutter cm/ww build or reroll into other classes.

on a side note, you have to know that with the addition of monster levels, other acts are now farmable! i'd like to add this because i believe the packs you are talking about that is "almost impossible to kite" are "Hulking phase beasts; demonic tremors and soul lashers/rippers". so, i think we should all learn to be versatile and not follow blindly to whatever is deemed the right way to play ^^

I COMPLETELY agree with you on how there shouldn't be cookie cutter builds, I wish I was still able to use meteor but the VAST efficiency difference and the level of survivability WW now has against meteor is just sad. There isn't even any way to improve the way meteor works with your gear where as you can improve your WW efficiency with getting higher attack speeds.

When meteor was revealed to have been buffed, I was very happy. I though "Man, I'm never using any other build ever again, I'm just going to make the perfect build centred around meteor" I even bought a -5 meteor soj and source, good ones too. The first day in PTR was great fun. I was able to kill the ubers with meteor no problem. Then they nerfed it beyond belief... Now it's just a toy skill you might wanna experiment with.
@IceQueen - muahahaha what can they do *evil grins*

@doctaphilly - that name is too ponyland levelish! wahahaha

@nitrocan - yes! precisely, and i know the efficiency difference between the current cm/ww and the others are too far off each other! but meh, who cares XD as long as i get my fun, i really can't be bothered with how fast i can farm etc etc.
Hmmm I consider myself average wizard maybe even a little above and this build worked. So feel free to look at my profile and compare yourself if your a regular wiz. Basically I have never purchased anything with Rmah but farmed what I have on. (which if I had the money I would spend some dough) I can vouch for this build. It is sort of a kite build mixed with a tank build lol. Emperor thx for posting and yes...this build is fun but if you are looking for change of pace from cm/ww. IMO both builds are fun. Only difference is this one you have to move around more and cm/ww your fingers hurt like hell.
Hey OP would you be able to tell me what i need to change gear wise..to try this build?...if it snot alot id love to try the build out if its alot..ill just travel along crippled as allways:)
I look forward to the day I can do this build with MOLTEN IMPACT instead of the cheaper Meteor...

-5 from both rings, -5 from ammy and OH = 30 ap

-3 from armor, -7 from Diamond skin = 20 ap for a REGULAR Meteor, spamming Molten Impact will feel like inventing Bacon.

mmmmmmmmmm, Molten Impact.......
@Darius - an apoc with crit chance source, and a weapon with apoc, these should allow you to upkeep your ap while spamming meteors. and preferably a source with -ap cost of meteors! socket on weapon;LS; crit dmg are bonuses!

@salameri544 - thank you for the feedback! appreciate it ! glad you had fun using the build!
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/21/2012 2:49 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]