Diablo® III

The Raining Meteor build *Starters' edition*

If you've got good APoC use LL as your signature spell and Prodigy as a passive, Launch a 2-3 LL's into a a group and start spamming Meteor....the AP recovery is Huge. (Thank you Rock for helping me tweak my build)

For the record I've been using a meteor Build for over two months and love it, I started out with Starpact moved on to Molten and settled on Meteor Shower.

Nitrocan-If you read this I took the advice you posted in this string and replaced Force-weapon with Frost-Nova and it is a a Huge Bonus to my play-style and I dont have to kite near as much with elites. It's def not perma-feeze but it slows the action enough for me to FN-launch meteors-DS-LL for AP recovery-FN and repeat with great results.

I have a very solid Meteor Build check out my profile. I'm always looking for other M-wizs to run with in game add me if you'd like to hang out.

im using LL as well, but my meteor build is the one aimless and nitro originally came up with that was nerfed lol..i really dont care if meteor shower doesnt proc well, but it seems to be working fine for me in mp3/ mp4...im enjoying it..and ill use it to level up my paragon
@MogeyBear - not a problem :)

@ColdSmoke - soj isn't needed, i was running without a soj in the video XD.
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/23/2012 1:23 PM PDT
I just wanted to take a moment out of the day to thank you very much for this build. My wizard was my first character, and my favorite and I could not play him, it was simply to depressing.

Then I saw this build, tried it out and got the hang of it super fast. I cannot tell you how much more fun I ma having playing D3 now. You saved blizzard a customer, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Cheers mate.
@Kantell - thank you for your gracious compliments! im glad you are having a blast with the build ! appreciate your feedbacks!
Really fun , thanks for the build!
didnt need good gear to have fun with it :)
Edited by Vaanx#6845 on 10/24/2012 12:45 AM PDT
How do you deal with reflect dmg? I tried meteor again yesterday and remembered why this spec sucks so much after encountering 3 RD packs in a row on MP8. I had ~750 buffed RA/4.5% LS and I was getting destroyed by my own meteors, didnt bother to put on LoH because I assumed that it wasn't going help much with the crappy coefficients, the initial impact of the meteor was what did the bulk of the dmg anyway.

Blizzard needs to bring back the old coefficients, let CM or FN get its own blardy coefficient, wizards are an unplayable class now.
Emperor, thanks for putting FUN back to the Wizard.

My wiz can do a higher MP level now with this build and the key warden in Act 3 is as easy as ever...
@TasteDeath - yup, i can handle most mobs, but RD is ridiculous, especially at the higher MP levels. Stil tryin to figure something out :P

@Nehalem - your welcome!
@Emperor

I was using a FL/Blizz/hydra build for a while now and had great success but after this thread I thought I would try something different. It is a ton of fun and you are so right about the storm armour. I love just watching it pick mobs off as I drop meteors on them. I haven't played with slow time before so it took a bit to get the hang of it but I'm now able to do higher MP levels than I was before. Great build, tons of fun. Thanks for your hard work.
@TasteDeath
How do you deal with reflect dmg? I tried meteor again yesterday and remembered why this spec sucks so much after encountering 3 RD packs in a row on MP8. I had ~750 buffed RA/4.5% LS and I was getting destroyed by my own meteors, didnt bother to put on LoH because I assumed that it wasn't going help much with the crappy coefficients, the initial impact of the meteor was what did the bulk of the dmg anyway.

Blizzard needs to bring back the old coefficients, let CM or FN get its own blardy coefficient, wizards are an unplayable class now.

RD really hurts using meteor, especially with your DPS. My solution facing RD pack is to switch out a lesser damage weapon with LS+LoH. I use one with 8xx damage, 3 LS, 600+ LoH, 10 APoc and +15 AP. Those cost nothing nowadays. Although I lost about 90K dps but that's the only way you can counter that using this build if you have high DPS. No amount of defense can help you if you're criting for 1m+ damage.

@Emperor: Nice and fun build and thanks for sharing!
Edited by dboy#1704 on 10/24/2012 8:03 AM PDT
Thank you for the awesome build.
Have had alot of fun with it :)
Working great at mp5.
So I'm a wizard returning for 1.05 after a few months off. I used to run CM/WW build and honestly I hated it. The spamming of blast and ww and chasing ranged mobs was not fun, and actually made my hands hurt.

I came back and found this thread and it is exactly what I was looking for. I like the kiting aspect. I like that it is great against ranged mobs because of slowtime. I've been having more fun with this build than any previous builds I've tried. I'm glad I lucked upon this thread cause otherwise I would never have even tried slow time - which is now my favorite wizard skill.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Hi, it is so nice to see someone else who loves to use meteor. I never switched to another skill after I used meteor~~

If possible, could you give me some feedback on my build and gear so I know how to improve?

I die quite a bit to phaseshift beast, and when I got trapped by blue monsters with jailer affix >.<

PS: my profile hasn't been updated yet, but my I added RA on my shoulder, bracer, and boots. Also a slightly more powerful glove.
I also replaced hydra with Slow Time & Time Shell after reading your post. Everything just sort of works out after I did that!
Thank You very much for this wonderful post.
Edited by AprilMary#1853 on 10/24/2012 5:41 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for posting this build. I had been running a meteor build that I wasn't happy with and this provided me with ideas on how to modify my build to make it more effective. I like a more tanky setup so I took yours and replaced slow time for frost nova and went with crystal shell for my diamond armor instead of prism. It works great and I went from farming MP2 to farming MP4 . I still need to work on my gear as I'm lacking in APoC but I can kill things so much quicker than I could before.
@tillail - your welcome!

@dboy - not a problem!

@Gas & Serzi - glad you had fun with it !

@AprilMary - you might want to get a source with apoc, cc and reduce ap cost of ap~

@Korri - yup! frostnova is great with meteors too !
Hi Gents, looking to run this build? I have a near perfect Oculus with almost perfect rolled dmg stats, 9ApoC and -5 meteor Ap for sale:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933956530
my friend is trying this and he geared himself up for it. it is powerful, i'll give it that. it has good AOE and such but still need support to stop enemies on their tracks/slow them down otherwise it ends up being kiting.

slow time, regardless of being buffed, is not enough so to compensate you need to get higher dps to kill as fast as you can which means you must spend more and more and more until you meet the quota to actually make this work.

i'm not saying don't do this build but this certainly needs some more tweaking for SP. for MP, it works wonder. such a shame the meteor costs so high that you end up using silly runes/skills to compensate for it (not to mention expensive wiz gears with meteor cost reductions)
Will be posting an upgraded version of this build soon! molten impact / meteor shower style! stay tuned!

@pichaepiegal - archon and ww build requires lots of gearing for it to be effective too ^^
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/25/2012 5:17 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]