Diablo® III

The Raining Meteor build *Starters' edition*

You can change this build to revolve around the use of gear with IAS and the Arcane Power on hit skills/passives which works better with non-star pact meteor skills because you can gain the arcane power back in between casts which can make it just as spammable but you need around 2.5 APS or more - once you hit this you gain regen arcane power instantly and keep spamming non-star pact meteor. Also mirror image duplicates can really help with mitigating and doing less running around so it feels more "tanky" and less micro'ing
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 10/25/2012 5:41 AM PDT
@NOLLegendz - interesting! but im afraid ias doesn't affect the proc ticks of meteor unlike energy twister and the ap cost of meteors are rather large as compared to energy twisters, and there's a delay from impact time.

So im thinking that you would only be able to cast a few and gotta wait awhile before actually getting the ap from crits, so ias wouldn't be too good as your not making full use of your attack speed because of the time you have to wait (cast time, tick rate, ap regen) . ^^ but i might be wrong! sorry for the poor phrasing of words, i hope you understand
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/25/2012 5:56 AM PDT
110 Orc Warrior
This build is absolutely amazing and has totally helped me cross over into the MPs. A question for Mr. Emperor... I'm finding that the meteors are not quite doing sufficient damage against act bosses, especially in group plays. Do you have any tips on act boss battles?

Thanks a bunch,
- Robby
10/25/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Emperor
@NOLLegendz - interesting! but im afraid ias doesn't affect the proc ticks of meteor unlike energy twister~

What he is saying is more apoc return = more meteors cast. Which is effected by Ias.
@Corthar - usually i'd pop a bubble at where the boss is, just spam meteors at him, its pretty much enough! especially in group plays where all the damage is amplifed 20%! and just keep repeating

@Aphraell - yep i know, but what im tryin to say, is that meteor ticks are fixed, your apoc isn't going to be enough to fuel yourself fast enough for the next cast of meteor, and ap cost of meteor is very high (other than starpact rune which was what he was referring to), so you'd only be able of casting a few meteors and then there will be a pause time before you can actually repeat..
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/25/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Yea depending on the amount of mobs present, you can actually spam Meteors. I'm doing this atm with my current build alternating Wicked Wind the Meteor.

I do have -10 Meteor cost though, with 30Apoc.
10/25/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Emperor
@pichaepiegal - archon and ww build requires lots of gearing for it to be effective too ^^

of course but the lack of freeze for me in this build makes it a different game. don't get me wrong, a tandem of cm/ww and meteor build = amazing

regardless, we should keep on coming up with builds as we keep getting nerfed :(
@NOLLegendz - interesting! but im afraid ias doesn't affect the proc ticks of meteor unlike energy twister and the ap cost of meteors are rather large as compared to energy twisters, and there's a delay from impact time.

So im thinking that you would only be able to cast a few and gotta wait awhile before actually getting the ap from crits, so ias wouldn't be too good as your not making full use of your attack speed because of the time you have to wait (cast time, tick rate, ap regen) . ^^ but i might be wrong! sorry for the poor phrasing of words, i hope you understand

I was talking about using the IAS (2.4+ APS) to benefit a signature spell such as electrocute with prodigy passive and surge of power rune, the very fast attack speed allows to gain arcane power back very fast because youre hitting faster with 2.4+ APS but it also has synergy with APOC and you can cast your meteors much faster with the IAS as well - the arcane regeneration back to full is seemingly instant - how do I know because I've tested it - so in retrospect at a certain amount of IAS it becomes much more effecient to use prodigy over astral presence . If you use meteor shower which procs much more because there are 7 meteors it becomes easily spammable.
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 10/25/2012 6:36 AM PDT
Hey everyone,

I don't post much on here and I know there has been a lot of talk about the best skill choice for this kind of build and it has begun to get very in-depth and I think that's great. But to deviate just a little for anyone reading this thread who doesn't have a wizard or who does have a wizard and was tired of playing it, I have one thing I would like to add to the conversation just from my own experience:

I have played around with this build quite a bit as a direct result of reading about it from this thread a few days ago and I have to say it is easily the most fun build I have played with on Diablo 3. It has actually rejuvenated my interest in the game.

I would like to thank Emporer for informing me about this build and I think you did a great job explaining it all in an easy to understand fashion.

Despite any contentions about how strong this build really is, I would to add that it makes you FEEL strong. It makes you feel like a meteor flinging deity running around dropping boulders of pain on unsuspecting demons from a distance or getting up close and popping your buffs and raining terror on demons that would dare attack you while simultaneousy driving them into the ground with your lightning. And the ability to switch up your meteor runes to change up the build a little while still feeling powerful is super easy if you get tired of the same old thing. FUN. FUN. FUN! And to me, that's all that matters.

I would recommend trying it out if you haven't and if you really want something fun to play around with especially if you find your interest in the game starting to diminish.

That is all I have to say. Thanks again to Emporer for this thread!

-Shade

P.S. This endorsement was not paid for by the representatives of Emporer Inc. :P
Would you consider the Burning axe of Sankis on this? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-burning-axe-of-sankis

or the Increase on Fire Dmg will never be worth enought?
@NOLLegendz - i'm sorry i misintepretted your earlier post! didn't know you were referring to LL and prodigy~ but yes! that would work as well ! using LL to rejuvenate your ap is a great idea!

@ShadeASP - thank you for taking the time to try out the build ! im glad i could help you rekindle your passion for the arts of magic :P !

@KaosSoul - unless your using molten impact or meteor shower, that weapon won't be good because starpact is arcane type! but even with molten impact, i doubt it can be compared to a weapon with crit damage !
well mine sadly has no slot but if it had a slot and a Emeral?

Edit: also this build seems very intresting , CM is simple but my wife and my keyboard can't handle it anymore xd

Keyboard is making some horrible noise for massive key basshing.
Edited by KaosSoul#1275 on 10/25/2012 6:46 AM PDT
@KaosSoul - well , apoc is one of the main elements for this to work, and sadly that weapon can never roll apoc so your probably better off getting a wand with apoc and a socket!
thanks was just wondering if i could salvage this axe i found, time to farm gold to get a Slotted Chantodo !

Edit: So many items to change, so few money xd
Edited by KaosSoul#1275 on 10/25/2012 6:57 AM PDT
I've bought a Burning axe of Sankis to test and helps.

But it shines if you use molten impact or meteor shower, needs at least -10+ meteor ap red and 20+ apoc I think.

At least it's a cheap upgrade instead of an 1050+dps with slot...

(I have 1 with slot and 854dps) bought for 1.2kk.

I'll going to use a Soj + Skull Grasp to see what happens.... right now already have a Oculus with -5meteor... but my cheap chantodo is very good even without slot dunno if it's better.

I think Emperor is doing the same hehe
Edited by nihues#1275 on 10/25/2012 6:58 AM PDT
@nihues - yes indeed xD i will be posting the "advanced" version of this build pretty soon~
100 Undead Warlock
This is a pretty fun build i changed it up a bit and this is what i am trying out for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZgXTYP!XgW!bZZZcY
how do you manage 2 AP skill at the same time with these build?
Wont you burn too much AP to use meteor?
Edited by KaosSoul#1275 on 10/25/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Just tested Burning axe of Sankis with 9apoc, +4 apregen (passive and rasha) and -5meteor cost using molten impact.

I would say it's doable, 2-3 hits to get down a pack with MP4, easy but sometimes lack of AP if you kill one or 2 at time, with packs no lack of AP mostly.

The bright side: +6% fire dmg (weapon) +24% of fire dmg skills (weapon) + 10% (passive conflagration) "cheap" weapon +80% CD from socket.

Tested against chantodo with +10apoc, 1068dps and +309int that leaves me around 78kdps and no conflagration using star pack.

Soooo feels fast or same my 63k dps agains my 78kdps but sometimes lacks ap and thats no good because no refresh skills :)

I think with -10 or -14 meteor ap cost it's a nice combo and plus, my weapon burns! :)

EDIT: I think the dmg is BETTER maybe 10-15% now but need more AP to be perfect.
Edited by nihues#1275 on 10/25/2012 8:02 AM PDT
wow nice o-o

edit: well its a cheap alternative seeing most burning axe are around 20-30k on Us AH

edit2: nvm price are way higher for the slotted ones
Edited by KaosSoul#1275 on 10/25/2012 8:19 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]