Diablo® III

How do you gear up your merc?

I have a Maximus on myself,and my Enchantress so when the fire slaves summon there is an additional 64 k damage in the play for me, I also stack MF on fer rings and amulet.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Keltest
i give my templar vitality items when i can, because his AoE stun is kinda nice, and he cant stun them if hes dead. likewise with my enchantress for my barb, the CC spells help.

I do this too - his AoE stun helps. Stack up the Templar on Vitality and Strength for high health/high armor and better damage. He takes little damage and has plenty of health to survive the mobs. He's only been incapacitated once during play, a while ago. I also give him some MF whenever I can, which seems to help with some loot. Got my first Legendary item last night. Running with my DH, he can tank some damage and slow up the mobs enough for me to kite, drop snares, sentries and then "Bring the Rain" to mop up.
Edited by LordCaric#1868 on 10/23/2012 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maximus + Hell Fire + As much Int and Vit as I could get
Reply Quote
Do you get exp from your followers' gear the same way you do MF? Looking at the profiles of some of these players, even if they have a Hellfire ring on their follower, it's still reading as 0% exp.
Reply Quote
I like echoing fury on my enchsntress. The fear last longer than the knockback and i feel like she has better overall crowd control skills.
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Piffle
Do you get exp from your followers' gear the same way you do MF? Looking at the profiles of some of these players, even if they have a Hellfire ring on their follower, it's still reading as 0% exp.

Yes you do, the hellfire will give you 7% (20% of the XP)
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Bluesbarbar
I have a Maximus on myself,and my Enchantress so when the fire slaves summon there is an additional 64 k damage in the play for me, I also stack MF on fer rings and amulet.

That looks like a fun set up...2 sets of firechains:)

I ran enchantress pre 1.05 now I'm using Scoundrel.

Hellrack with high chance to freeze on hit and high DEX/VIT all around set up. I got him up to over 10K damage now but the most important thing for me is he freezes a good bit of monsters with multi-shot for me during solo farming runs. I have a decent amount of LoH on him close over 500, but not sure if that's worth it all on a follower?
Reply Quote
Windforce is so strong on Scoundrel while using his multishot skill.. It's basically a 50% chance that every mob in front of him will be knocked back, so much free CC and it saved me a couple times since i started using him.
Reply Quote
Enchantress with Maximus... demon and fire chains hell yeah!!!
Reply Quote
WF on soundrel is a nice thought -

But just chantress with a bunch of mf int and vit. nothign really special.
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Chael
Maximus + Hell Fire + As much Int and Vit as I could get

What this guy said. Exactly how I geared my enchantress and she NEVER goes down.
Reply Quote
Monk: Scoundreal with hellrack, that bonus damage is insane with conviction up
Barb: Templar, I used to run sorceress, but switched because he is mad awesome holding down 1 elite, and his charge/stun is great for IM.
Wizard: Templar, same as above.
DH: Templar, but I never play um anymore.

In general, I gear them for CC with tons of stam and MF.
Reply Quote
My scoundrel is geared for CC and survivability. So I get as much IAS, STR (=armor), AR, and Vit as I can. I combine that with his cold bow and ammy, and he does a real nice job of freezing this up and staying alive. Right now he is awesome against Wardens, and he lives longer than my pets (and usually longer than me).
Reply Quote
With Attributes, because they are multiplied by 7x. And Procs if possible.

Some might not consider them as effective fighters. But they add up on your damage.. supporting with their spells. I find magic find and gold find a waste, because of the big nerf converting it to you.

Oh and Cold if possible, slow is almost always useful.
But some argued for effects from each element:

Here are my suggestions:
Fire - 2% increased damage dealt to that target within 2seconds (including the one that procced it)
Lighting - Your attacks interrupt the enemies attack, 7 seconds cooldown. Only triggered if interrupted.
Poison - 3% of damage dealt as DoT over 2 seconds. (does stack).
Ice - already implemented
Arcane - 2% of damage is dealt as AE within 6 yards of your target.
Holy - Enemies you attacked that attack you within 2 seconds, heal you for 0.2% of your damage dealt to them. (similiar to lifelech but needs the enemy to attack you, note 0.2% is the amount of 1% lifelech in Inferno).
Note: Poison aswell as Arcane effects don't trigger "Electrified" and don't have a proc coefficient, etc.
Edited by ffFiend#2900 on 10/23/2012 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]