Diablo® III

Disconnect Deaths Kill HARDCORE Gameplay

90 Night Elf Hunter
Please join us in Expressing your feelings about Disconnect Deaths in Hardcore. How often this has or has not happened to you. Whether or Not you feel its just part of the HC Experience. Also Possible solutions that Blizzard may think about implementing to Resolve this issue.

^-New Mouseover Read. -Below: Original first post on topic.
-----------------------
Dear Blizzard,

I wonder if it would be possible to have some type of "Link Dead Detection" and "Protection" in Hardcore. I am rather disgusted having to start a New Hardcore Player every time my Wireless has a hiccup or the Power has a hiccup. I am sure that other people feel the same way.

Thanks for the Read-

P.S. and while you're fixing away at this wonderful Game and all "Please!" give the town healer the ability to "Identity All!" as Cain did in D2. Thanks Again.
Edited by Cybrpro#1814 on 11/16/2012 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,

Please! give the town healer the ability to "Identity All!" as Cane did in D2. Thanks Again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Oh shi... OH SHI* I'M GOING TO DIE! Phew, I got the ethernet cable out in time.
Reply Quote
P.S. and while your fixing away at this wonderful Game and all "Please!" give the town healer the ability to "Identity All!" as Cane did in D2. Thanks Again.[/quote]

-Pleasssssssssssssssssse
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
@Gloath for most normal players this Idea of yanking the ethernet cable before you die is a ridiculous notion.

99% of players would benifit from a "Link Dead Detection Protection".

The 1% that may try and use it as a cheat I say well good luck with that mad scramble to the back of your PC and by golly if you make it in time! Well..., I still don't care.

Because non-cheaters/normal players of D3 Stand to benefit Lots from this. The Major Majority of people who play this game and most games for that matter are not cheaters.

Thus the Many outweigh the Few and Blizzard should protect the many honest players even if it means some little kid some place gets to keep his HC a little longer do to wicked fast ethernet removal skills.
Edited by Cybrpro#1814 on 11/16/2012 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
@Time2Kill: I have worked with and around people who create games and also people who spend a lot of time creating a server or particular game type server for a popular game.

I can tell you that the game developers do indeed look over the forums and your opinion does matter to them. How much will depend on your level of common sense and if it fits their idea of what they want their game or part of the game to be.

So, I feel that this will make its way to someone whom it may concern. There is someone or a group of people that had the Idea for Hardcore and I guarantee that someone is still working on that project and trying to improve that project where improvement is needed.

Lets ask the question: Why might a person or group who works on the Hardcore part of this game may look at the Hardcore portion of the forum? O' wait right that is obvious.
Edited by Cybrpro#1814 on 10/24/2012 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Gloath

I believe if one would actually take time to setup the cable in a position where it is easily accessible to pulling in the time it takes before you actually die would not really be that advantageous. They probably would have a higher chance of dying worrying about pulling the plug anytime they hp got low than actually playing the game.

But meh, these types of people live their lives in fear most likely anyways.
Reply Quote

I believe if one would actually take time to setup the cable in a position where it is easily accessible to pulling in the time it takes before you actually die would not really be that advantageous. They probably would have a higher chance of dying worrying about pulling the plug anytime they hp got low than actually playing the game.

The guy could simply " alt + F4" his way out of the game.

From the battle.net point of view, it would probably look like a drop of connection...

Edit:----
In case the game can detect when the player closes it by " alt + f4" ...the guy could simply press the power button.

Cheaters can cheat easily if such feature existed....

It's sad...but that's the world we live in.
Edited by Sucrilhus#1399 on 10/24/2012 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
how about a automatic pause when dc.. then when u sign in again and play. its mandatory to resume exactly where u were with same life etc..
problem solved. you cannot cheat that
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP. Who cares if a few people live a little longer because they'd pulled their ethernet cable. Those people will just get brave and start moving up MPs thinking they're invincible and will eventually get themselves killed, just like people still died with save & exit in D2.
Reply Quote
first off, this actually DID exist at one point. though it wasnt a "detection" as people say its just how the game handled the character exiting on link dead. what the people above are saying is exactly what went on too. people would cheat the system to save their characters from permanent death. so blizz fixed it and now its not possible to do that :) if you try to, for example, pull the ethernet cable then you will die.
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP. Who cares if a few people live a little longer because they'd pulled their ethernet cable. Those people will just get brave and start moving up MPs thinking they're invincible and will eventually get themselves killed, just like people still died with save & exit in D2.

You're right...

I guess it's better to leave 100 criminals free than arrest 1 innocent guy.
Reply Quote
the sad thing is as much as i love this idea, people would abuse it. think about it, your paragon 30 youve trained for months is near death....and so is the cord to immediately log out.

kinda like how kripp became the first >_>
Reply Quote
yes just fix it already... we all been crying since realse.
Reply Quote
People will find a way to play the system using disconnects. I don't Blizz will go for it.

I think they should at least throw us a bone by subtracting 30 levels (give or take) and all gear your character is wearing when you die. It'll still hurt like hell but at least you won't lose ALL your progress.

Fortunately I have a great ISP and I've never died to lag yet, but I understand it's a real issue for all of us HC players.
Edited by Snakes#1852 on 10/25/2012 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
@ItsACheatPPL -- Anyone who thinks this would be some "BIG CHEAT" I will let you in on something most people are very Optimistic in their decisions. Fact of the matter is most people will stay Optimistic "Past The Point of No Return."

Here is the True Scenario
1st: You have to make a decision that you are indeed going to die. For most people this alone is Not Easy Because you admit to yourself that you Failed and or are Going to Fail.

2nd: And Remember you're playing Hardcore and you're in the Flight Mode of (Fight or Flight) trying to save your bum and Its Extremely Hard to just let go of Your Controls and take the next Step. This is EVEN HARDER Than the First Step of admitting you failed. - That is to give up your Control.

3rd: Say you made it this far still alive, now a third decision what you're going to do now- Try and Cheat -Or- Not to Try and Cheat? - Yes, I am aware they may have already made this decision ahead of time but you still re-affirm this decision in your head.

4th: Now assuming you did not go with the later, you still need to perform that Action IE: Yank out Power/Ethernet or try and alt tab and Disconnect Wireless.

Side Note: Most people know yanking the Power Cord/Flipping Switch on Power Supply: CAN and WILL Damage Your PC - Especially if you did it Often. Which drastically reduces the use of this method because people are NOT willing to Damage their Gaming Rig for their Hardcore Toons Life.

Now the Odds that The "Cheater" (whom we know is the MAJOR Minority of players)
Will admit to themselves they Messed Up and are going to DIE Now, are now going to drop the controls of their Toon, and Then Perform the Action of Alt-tab'n out or trying to Disable Wireless or Power/Ethernet cord yank. AND somehow *Doing ALL of this Before their Life Globe is Empty are Slim to None.

Side Note: Cheaters are Lazy by Definition -- what makes you think they will go through all this trouble to set up their PC in such away that they can yank out the cord at a Seconds Notice. If in fact a cheater has this kind of determination they will find "A Way" whether or not the rest of us get a real help like the System proposed here.

Again: @ItsACheatPPL -- Recap Cheaters: - Where there is a will there is a way but, that should not mean all Suffer! - (It is Amazing how people in America are satisfied with giving up their Rights or Freedoms to protect against the few. But thats another topic altogether.)

The Equation:
Take the Minority of Players-->(Cheaters) and now Reduce that number by the above Fact that they Will almost ALWAYS FAIL to pull this off as a reliable cheat. = The small number is now even smaller.

And what do you get?:
No threat to Blizzard at ALL to have a System that Protects the Average Legit Hardcore Player from disconnects. Thus making a Better Game for Hardcore Players. Which in turn makes more people willing to continue playing Hardcore. Trust me it is Hard to continue without it and it is unfair to the wireless crowd to have to Re-roll on every wireless hiccup. Yes, I say crowd because there are A LOT of us these days.
Edited by Cybrpro#1814 on 10/27/2012 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
@EmmetOtter
10/26/2012 04:42 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
Protection against d/c death stands to benefit far, far more honest players than dishonest players.

-Agreed

@DadyDimSum

-Correct about the worst you really will get out of this is some Really Paranoid HC player yanking the cord out of his PC all the time. Which successful or not does not really affect anyone else.

Because what ItsACheatPPL are saying is like- O wow... a person who makes a lot of bad choices in HC gets to keep saving his toon by pulling the plug and just gets to continue making bad choices in a never ending loop of bad choice wire fraying twilight zone. And this logic belongs in the Twilight Zone.
Edited by Cybrpro#1814 on 10/26/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The cheaters are just gonna get rollbacks anyway...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]