Diablo® III

Disconnect Deaths Kill HARDCORE Gameplay

I play HC despite the risk of disconnect. I have no sympathy for whiners that complain on the forums about how they lost a guy to DC. You agree to the risk when you first start a new HC guy.

With that said, I would love for blizzard to implement some form of DC protection. Its the least that they can do for forcing the game to be online only.

If you enjoy playing with the risk of a DC death there should probably be a new category for you called Masochist that makes sure you have a 0.01% to DC every minute. :P

DC's are not an intentional part of the game. Also - please post on your D3 account if you want any credibility.

I have a category for you. A childish whiner who knew the risks then still chose to play Hardcore then still have the nerve to come here and cry. Get the hell back to softcore this instant!
Reply Quote

If you enjoy playing with the risk of a DC death there should probably be a new category for you called Masochist that makes sure you have a 0.01% to DC every minute. :P

DC's are not an intentional part of the game. Also - please post on your D3 account if you want any credibility.

I have a category for you. A childish whiner who knew the risks then still chose to play Hardcore then still have the nerve to come here and cry. Get the hell back to softcore this instant!

Less than 5k elite kills. LOL you've barely played HC. Wait until you lose a high paragon lvl character to a DC yourself and then come and tell us how cool DCs are.
Reply Quote
I have not had this happen to me personally but I can imagine being very upset about it. Hardcore.
Reply Quote

Less than 5k elite kills. LOL you've barely played HC. Wait until you lose a high paragon lvl character to a DC yourself and then come and tell us how cool DCs are.

I guarantee you I would never come here and cry like a little baby they way you do. If I did not want to risk losing my characters I would be in softcore like you belong. Go there and stop bothering hardcore forum readers.
Reply Quote
View profile

Hey, get off his back, he is ALREADY p1...
Reply Quote
Got a disconnect death, consider me one less hardcore player. Since Softcore sucks too, I think it's just time to quit diablo3 all together. It's like watching a movie waiting for the climax in the end, only to miss it and see the credits rolling.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 11/17/2012 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
ITT: WoW-portrait OP got lost on his way to the softcore forums.

/thread
Reply Quote
ITT: WoW-portrait OP got lost on his way to the softcore forums.

/thread

Has hardcore internet connection
/post
Reply Quote
@REVENGE & Thorware

I welcome You the conversation with a worthwhile post that gives us Any insight on this topic. I want You to know that you and Others like you need not waste your time with such useless posts here. If you can not do this please go find someplace else to troll (IE:WoW Trade Channel or something plenty of your pals hang out there.)
Reply Quote
It's been suggested before so this is not my idea.

It would be great if there was a way to auto pause the game when the latency hits a certain ping kind of like in Starcraft where the server connection is waiting on you before it continues playing. If you should drop like in like Starcraft 1, then when you resume, it would just put you back exactly where you were before with the same amount of enemies and hp and everything else the same.

This would prevent people from attempting to cheese their way out of a death while making legitimate deaths the only way to die in Hardcore mode.

Might be difficult to code so I have no idea whether this idea is even feasible.
Reply Quote
Posted by DaVid:
To me, Hardcore means charging in, teeth bared not knowing if you will survive your attack on that monster Boss, Not will I survive my internet connection tonight. Surely there is a better way to address the issue.

Posted by Susamik/Cybrpro:
This issue is well within Blizzards Control or ability to address and fix it.

We should be protected from death during unpredictable and unpreventable connection loss.
When our only option of play is ONLINE thanks to Blizzards Game Design.
Reply Quote
The server should just detect if it didnt recieve any data package from the client for the last 2 seconds and if that is the case auto pause the single-player game. Then, when the account gets back online you HAVE TO log in on this dicsonnected toon and continue your game until you are regularily logged out. Of course this does not work if the DC lasts longer than .. 30 minutes(?) and the game is closed. But I think this auto detection would save 95% of the technically disabeld heros asses and can not be exploited.
In fact, this solution would make HC viable for sooo much more people.
Reply Quote
How about Blizzard allow each HC character to have 1 chance to revive from dead be it from dc/lag/power outage etc; and respawn back in town just like SC... But the next death will be permanent... Just suggesting
Reply Quote
yesterday night my internet conection lost , i was in a cave there was no monsters!! it was clean , when i get internet conection again and i run diablo III my hardcore hero is r.i.p , dude i waste 500 million in it , i had 70k hp all rez 1000 and 6k armor , i was in act 1 mpg0 and no monsters arround,.. i never died , please any1 can tell me why my hero is r.i.p¿?
Reply Quote
yesterday night i was `playing in a cave it was clean and no monsters arround , my internect conection down and when i restart pc , my hero was death.. there is any way to check i never death??? why my hero with 70k hp 1000 all res and 6k def die in act 1 mpg0 without monsters arround,... please can some1 tell me
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 09:05 PMPosted by DadyDimSum
Oh shi... OH SHI* I'M GOING TO DIE! Phew, I got the ethernet cable out in time.

I believe if one would actually take time to setup the cable in a position where it is easily accessible to pulling in the time it takes before you actually die would not really be that advantageous. They probably would have a higher chance of dying worrying about pulling the plug anytime they hp got low than actually playing the game.

But meh, these types of people live their lives in fear most likely anyways.

Mine is a laptop and my ethernet cable is just on my left side. I would disable wifi, hardline only. If things get a little messy, I would yank the cable right out and save myself from death, like 99.99% of HC people would do, assuming this "DC protection" was enabled. And I said 99.99% without hesitation. Why I'm that sure? Because if a healthy, naked hot girl asks me to have sex when I'm not committed to someone else, I would do her.
Reply Quote
Why do euro players keep necroing threads on the US forums? It's like there's an international conspiracy.
Reply Quote
Disconnected while doing the "Carrion Farm" event all because of DRM and the need to connect to the server for them to do this...

Why the hell should I experience "rubber banding" and "server disconnects" in a single player game and why should I have to panic and reach around the back of my PC to rip the ethernet cable out WHY??? IT TOOK 10 SECS TO DISCONNECT, if I need to connect to the servers when I play and I start to disconnect and there's no information being sent between us so why do I die?

I'm pretty sure they can just check the logs and see how you died and what happened and if you disconnect due to a problem, but it this way:

1. They can have a look at the circumstances in which you died e.i. If your were running around on full health and then suddenly your connection drops.

2. Cheaters can be detected by the obvious fact they'll probably be on low health when they get disconnected.
Reply Quote
Yes but why hell do you need to pull the cable out!!! if your playing by yourself!!
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 07:04 AMPosted by bull
yesterday night i was `playing in a cave it was clean and no monsters arround , my internect conection down and when i restart pc , my hero was death.. there is any way to check i never death??? why my hero with 70k hp 1000 all res and 6k def die in act 1 mpg0 without monsters arround,... please can some1 tell me

its a dam shame mate, DRM has killed it, the need to connect to a server check to see if your cheating, Did anyone die in D2 due to a connection issue while playing by them selves..... NO
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]