Diablo® III

Disconnect Deaths Kill HARDCORE Gameplay

03/29/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Sunshine
Why do euro players keep necroing threads on the US forums? It's like there's an international conspiracy.

They're becoming aware of us, brain.

Let's put some chili in the donuts.
Reply Quote
If you disconnect in hardcore your character shouldn't just !@#$ing stand there and die this is completely absurd.

A simple AI should run your character untill your character is removed from the game.

I died tonight because my computer crashed and the mobs that killed me were just normal weak monsters. If my character would have just ran the other way or SOMETHING at all i wouldnt be completely %^-*ed like i am now.

You should not lose your character over something that is not your fault.

How is it fun to log back in after a disconnect/crash and see the character you've been playing for 50 hours or more dead.
Reply Quote
Q: what's hc in a technical error??
A: now kids u c there' absolutely NOTHING

dont u guys troll about this there is dc protection in sc2 and moar games of the same company out there now for the loving fanboys of this hc system i ll be waiting around the corner for your first dc death
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 02:30 AMPosted by Susamik
Fair Return for playing Hardcore is a well Deserved Heroic Death. Not a Disconnect Death.

Now gents... now that's what its all about ... +10000000000000000000000000000
Reply Quote
Please join us in Expressing your feelings about Disconnect Deaths in Hardcore. How often this has or has not happened to you. Whether or Not you feel its just part of the HC Experience. Also Possible solutions that Blizzard may think about implementing to Resolve this issue.

^-New Mouseover Read. -Below: Original first post on topic.
-----------------------
Dear Blizzard,

I wonder if it would be possible to have some type of "Link Dead Detection" and "Protection" in Hardcore. I am rather disgusted having to start a New Hardcore Player every time my Wireless has a hiccup or the Power has a hiccup. I am sure that other people feel the same way.

Thanks for the Read-

P.S. and while you're fixing away at this wonderful Game and all "Please!" give the town healer the ability to "Identity All!" as Cain did in D2. Thanks Again.

You're playing an online only game.

You're playing hardcore mode in that online only game.

You know the risks of possible disconnects.

Next !@#$% thread please.
Reply Quote
Yeah it'd be fun if they implemented what OP suggested. It'd take me 5 minutes to code a program that monitors a hue of a certain pixel around the health globe. If it changes color to something not present in the health globe normally, it disables my Internet Connection. No retarded cord pulling, just a simple script.

And mind you, this script would be 100% legal within Blizzard's TOS now and always because it doesn't need to access D3 memory and doesn't need to alter it's execution in any way. "But it's cheating/cheap". Yeah, so is playing a Barb for example.

Or even better, if I played a Monk/WD/Wiz, I could just monitor my debuffs through similar program, if NDE/SV/UA debuff is present, autodisconnect. Ta'da, I just made HC a new scrubcore. Please for the love of God, think for a second before posting stupid !@#$. If you don't have enough technological knowledge to understand why there's a disconnection timer, just kindly shut up.
Edited by Alhoon#2767 on 4/20/2013 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Any manner of lag protection. I don't give 2 craps what cheaters exploit the system at this point if I can't even play the game because of it.
Reply Quote
I have rather stable power source as well as internet connection, but blizzard server likes to joke on you from time to time giving you a lag spike or unexpected DC. I got DC few days ago, but thanks Lord, it happened after i clear out a dungeon, so no harm done. After that I checked my internet and all other possible issues that might have cause it and I could not find anything wrong from my side.

So, we are playing HC, we are aware of danger that comes with it and it's part of fun, but if I my toon is meant to die, I can accept death in the battlefield because I did wrong move or enemy was too powerful. But if I will die just because blizz servr got problems and their server is unstable, I will probably rage into oblivion.

I don't know what a possible solution to fix it may be, either it be offline mode in HC or some sort of Protection System or what else, but it would be just NICE and APROPRIATE for blizzard to give a single damn about it and adress the issue.
Edited by wolan#2130 on 4/20/2013 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i quit this game because of the DC issues on HC.. just sayin
Reply Quote
support
Reply Quote
No Dc. NEVER.
No lags. NEVER.

For me and all of my friends. EU Servers.

zzZzzz

Bye to all of you quitting. Stay safe...
Reply Quote
This is just how the pretenders get cleaned out of the server.

All glass cannons gunna die.
Reply Quote
d2 was fine..dont fix what isnt broken

dc timer is a joke..if the game wasnt so easy we would actually die to something inside our control but unfortunately there is very little reason to even force a dissconnect unless ur running mp8+

good job on that one....lawl
Edited by Doctonic#1928 on 4/23/2013 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it makes gameplay not as fun.

whenever i build a character, i emphasize anything that'll protect me if i disconnect. spells that do damage if i'm just sitting there (like pets, that monk shadow thing, lightning shield) to kill and i have to have life steal with it too. also, i stack life regeneration. it isn't how i'd like to play, but it is better than getting killed 15 seconds after i disconnect.

it has happened to me... was only around level 30. nothing was on the screen when i d/c and i died. almost quit. probably would have if it was a level 60. it might make me quit in the future.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, please implement a disconnect solution that will ensure hardcore characters don't die in the event of a disconnect.
Reply Quote
Agree with OP. I build all of my hc characters with surviving a DC as top priority. I can't enjoy most dps or fast builds because dying to DC is the biggest threat in the game. I DC crashed while entering keeps just yesterday and elite axemen was last thing i saw. Fortunately there was a nice wizard that killed them for me.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 01:57 PMPosted by MrWinkles
Agree with OP. I build all of my hc characters with surviving a DC as top priority. I can't enjoy most dps or fast builds because dying to DC is the biggest threat in the game. I DC crashed while entering keeps just yesterday and elite axemen was last thing i saw. Fortunately there was a nice wizard that killed them for me.

I hear there's this mode called softcore, where you can be a @!@**@@** all you want.
Reply Quote
I support the OP 100%. I recently lost a paragon 28 wizard due to a server side issue. It's completely F&$@%D. This game has had stability issues since the moment it launched and to not take that into consideration is lunacy. Can I please have my character back?
Reply Quote
i love how people claim there are NEVER problems LOL.... Please, enlighten us all and explain how 2 weeks ago, 1 hour after maintenance, EVERYONE crashed from game and the servers were offline for 15 minutes?
And hundreds of people made posts with error 3007.
oh and,
Hello,
I play on hardcore and have some recent rubberband/disconnect issues. I decided to rub D3TR 24/7 while playing and i set an alert to go off if the ping were to suddenly spike that also triggers Fraps to begin recording. Below is a video i made that shows the root and cause of the issue. I have called blizzard, and spoke with technical support. They had informed me that the issue was with my own isp, and that i should "call your isp, call your isp".. Then they told me to get this program called D3TR to check my traceroutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXo6pV0eN40&feature=youtu.be

The real cause of the problem is hops 8-16. Which is us.battle.net.
So now what should i do? If my hardcore character dies, due to your servers pinging high, shold i make another video like this? Will my character be rolledback?

edit: The program at the end is D3TR, fraps will not record a windows program, which is why i took a snapshot of D3TR and put it at the end of the video. You can see, that the time of the snapshot was 4:33pm, the same time my ping spiked to 612 msec.

Also the graph is not useless.. hops 9-16 are blizzard servers. Everyone knows that blizz has multiple servers rofl (this is why they are all the same msec/red)
They should fix this issue. it is blatantly obvious that their servers have issues.. Especially after seeing this video where i use a LIVE Tracer program(D3TR) at the time of rubberbanding. And it shows all the msec spikes are hops 9-16 which are blizzards servers.
But just to give you further clarification that i am not a moron.
Here is your precious tracert, i just now ran it on CMD, so the msec will not match the graph since i didnt run the cmd promt at time of error 3007.
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 64.145.107.1
3 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms 155.229.57.41
4 27 ms 27 ms 26 ms ge-3-7.car2.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.71.182.41]
5 26 ms 25 ms 26 ms ae-31-51.ebr1.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.69.138.30]
6 26 ms 26 ms 26 ms ae-6-6.ebr1.Chicago2.Level3.net [4.69.140.190]
7 26 ms 26 ms 26 ms 4.69.158.141
8 31 ms 27 ms 27 ms 192.205.37.149
9 65 ms 63 ms 63 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.133.34]
10 64 ms 64 ms 63 ms cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85]
11 65 ms 64 ms 67 ms cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25]
12 65 ms 63 ms 63 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30]
13 64 ms 64 ms 64 ms gar29.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.241]
14 64 ms 62 ms 63 ms 12-122-254-238.attens.net [12.122.254.238]
15 64 ms 102 ms 63 ms 12.129.193.254

So clearly the last hops on that graph are the blizzard and are red.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]