Diablo® III

Hellfire ring is not worth the troubles

85 Tauren Shaman
So I spent 10 hours putting together the machine. But I realized the new rings/ammys roll so much better than this ring. So what is the incentive to run this?
Reply Quote
Something to do/collect for the people who play this game incredibly too often.
Reply Quote
35% xp
and chances to get nice afflixes

/thread
Reply Quote
just keep doing farm runs and at the end of your run, stop by the warden.

when you're satisfied with the amount of keys you have, cash out by finding a mp10 group that's willing to carry you.
Reply Quote
the ring is actually better than 99% of the rings out there....
Reply Quote
Incentive? killing ubers is a quest, its something you do for fun, not for drops... just like every other thing you kill in this game, drops are bonuses, so you spent 10 hours and beat the ubers.. now you can start up final fantasy and spend 10 hours and kill a big boss in that too...

drops shouldnt be the only thing that makes you happy in this game, and if you cant play it for a week with no drops then stop playing because this isnt a job, its a game, have fun...
Reply Quote
If you get IAS, CD, CC and AR, would you say it's a waste then? That is a ton of dps. Easily BiS.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
if only those slots had a purpose
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Wacka
So I spent 10 hours putting together the machine. But I realized the new rings/ammys roll so much better than this ring. So what is the incentive to run this?

Also, 10 hours is a very long time for a single machine.
Reply Quote
It's just some cheese to keep players playing.

If you already have great rings, the hellfire ring is completely useless.

BUT...

The KeyWardens drops are really great, even better than bosses. So if it's on your farming route, why not gather the keys and go for it.

Just for fun.

Ubers have nice drops too. Someone I know got 2 legends and a set item from an uber battle.
Reply Quote
You guys must have some good gear (to farm keys on higher MP levels quickly) or have some good luck.

I've done more than 25 MP5 runs now and have only seen 3 keys in total lol.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Wacka

LoL 10 hours for one IM. . . you're doing something wrong.

And it's uber Fun fighting the Uber Bosses, we don't even care about the Hellfire rings that much, plus we're getting tons of Leg/Set items farming the keys. . . notice the word "we" =)
Reply Quote
I got mine the day after the patch came out. Ran each warden maybe 3 times. Just got lucky on my drops, and I'm just about to the point where I can make another. You win some, you lose some.
Reply Quote
deadly alt ring if nothing else.
Reply Quote
+1 to OP, I could care less about this ring. If I can't sell it, I don't want it.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Slay
+1 to OP, I could care less about this ring. If I can't sell it, I don't want it.

Make a few VITALITY ones untill you roll MAGIC FIND
Equipt to follower

PROFIT

+7% bonus XP
+3-5% bonus MF
takes 0 slots.

!@#$ and stop QQing
Reply Quote
Hate to say it, the ring is going to be very lackluster 95% of the time. A trifecta ring would be the only hellfire ring I'd consider using as I look to upgrade my rings. In D2, the charm is worth it even when it rolled low end for your class. The hellfire ring just doesn't have the same awesome factor as D2 did, in D2, it was a charm, it provided something unique that no other charm could provide. A trifecta hellfire ring is the best ring in the game, however, you could be chasing it for a day or a year depending on rng.

I'm not complaining, just saying, I was disappointed it was a ring rather than something you carried around in your inventory. Had it been like a charm, I would have been way more excited.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 03:14 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
f you get IAS, CD, CC and AR, would you say it's a waste then? That is a ton of dps. Easily BiS.

any ring can roll that

the only thing special about hellfire is the 35% exp bonus, not worth the trouble. How many rings with the right combination of affixes have you found? How many rings have you found? In the time you make 1 hellfire ring you will have found dozens maybe hundreds of rare rings
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]