Diablo® III

MP levels

sorry for the noob question guys...

could someone explain the MP levels a bit more clearly for me?
i.e the differences between what used to be regular inferno and mp0, mp0 to mp1 etc

i have read some stuff on it but i cant get a clear/easily explained answer on it

Reply Quote
in mp0 or 1.0.4 inferno, monsters had varying M-lvl's, in MP1 + all m lvls are set to 63 accross all acts, this means that all act1/2 monsters have been scaled up significantly and drop the same items as act 3-4. also monsters in mp1+ cannot drop I-lvls below 58 which significantly improves your drops :)
Reply Quote
Have you read this one?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/Monster_Power_More_Guts_More_Glory-10_11_2012
Basically it is a %% increase in dmg/hp from monsters.

Best way to find out is to get into game and try the same act/qiuest in different levels. You will get an idea which one is more comfortable with you current gear/skills and make a plan for future improvements to climb up to MP10 :)

Cheers
Reply Quote
Have you read this one?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/Monster_Power_More_Guts_More_Glory-10_11_2012
Basically it is a %% increase in dmg/hp from monsters.

Best way to find out is to get into game and try the same act/qiuest in different levels. You will get an idea which one is more comfortable with you current gear/skills and make a plan for future improvements to climb up to MP10 :)

Cheers

cheers man, i hadnt read that. made things seem alot more clear

so in summary, (hypothetically) when i beat diablo hell mode, i should start inferno act 1 mp0, and if i find that a bit too easy, just go up to mp1 and do the same quests etc until i find the level that is rewarding and challenging to my character and playing style?

or

just run through mp0 acts 1-4 and then bump it up?

either way i think i will need to gear up significantly to get through without crying myself to sleep every night
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 05:49 PMPosted by PIEMAN
in mp0 or 1.0.4 inferno, monsters had varying M-lvl's, in MP1 + all m lvls are set to 63 accross all acts, this means that all act1/2 monsters have been scaled up significantly and drop the same items as act 3-4. also monsters in mp1+ cannot drop I-lvls below 58 which significantly improves your drops :)

so by rights, i should run through act 1 mp0 inferno repeatedly and find some gold and drops before i go to mp1 and above?
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 06:07 PMPosted by CRAZYBOB

so by rights, i should run through act 1 mp0 inferno repeatedly and find some gold and drops before i go to mp1 and above?

You should be able to do MP0 Act 3 before MP1, acts still scale in difficulty in MP0.
Reply Quote
I would do this
...start inferno act 1 mp0, and if i find that a bit too easy, just go up to mp1 and do the same quests etc until i find the level that is rewarding and challenging to my character and playing style?

because
...monsters in mp1+ cannot drop I-lvls below 58 which significantly improves your drops :)
Reply Quote
thanks ruslanec, pieman(mmmmmm pie) and infinte

looking forward to going home and giving it a good crack this evening
do u think my characters are geared up enough to progress through act 1 and beyond?
Reply Quote
maybe your DH, might be able to do some short mp1 act 1 runs, you need to get some AR stats on all your chars, i may be able to swing you some things tomorrow, will see what i have lying around
Reply Quote
Get more All Res. Develop one char.

Don't vendor all rares because luck of main stats, collect AllRes, max is 80 on gear (pre 1.0.5)

IMHO for DH 400+ AllRes and 4000+ Armor is a must to handle MP1-3

If you interested in res/armor balance, there is a topic on General forum somewhere.
Reply Quote
Get more All Res. Develop one char.

Don't vendor all rares because luck of main stats, collect AllRes, max is 80 on gear (pre 1.0.5)

IMHO for DH 400+ AllRes and 4000+ Armor is a must to handle MP1-3

If you interested in res/armor balance, there is a topic on General forum somewhere.

seeing as there is such an emphasis on all res, i think i'll concentrate on my monk for the moment, obviously using One With Everything, i think from memory im up around the mid 600s res all

i do vendor alot of rares, but anything with res all and espec res all + one res (fire, arcane etc) i try to sell on AH or equip but theyre never really an upgrade and they never sell

i had a set of shoulders 290 arm 39 fire res 55 res all 129 istrength and couldnt sell them for 10k gold, i dont know how people sell so much stuff when i cant move that item for min price
Reply Quote
This is my experience on it and maybe it will give you a reference point.

I was able to run a full MF gear a couple of days ago on mp0 act3. Before 1.0.5, same gear would have gotten me one shot killed on act 1.

Admittedly, it might be because my gear quality went up slightly because of the drops. Then again, pretty sure my all res was under 200 and armor around 3k though when i did mp0.

Minor note on OWE. I'm pretty sure Blizz has stated they will nerf OWE. They just don't know yet specifically what form the nerf will take.
Reply Quote
Just writing to say .Inferno level certain monsters are .eg; wood wraith 108k hp,Savage Beast is 118k ,Goat men 68k etc.
Then monster level 1 ...They are goat men 240k,Savage Beast 800k, Wood Wraith 550k thats not 109 percent increase
more like a 400 percent increase.
A 109 percent increase on a Goat men should be 142 k hp approx.
Whats going on ?
Reply Quote
dead, they are first change to mlvl 63 which greatly improves their stats, then the 109% is added on top of that :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]