Diablo® III

gold/globe pickup radius

90 Goblin Rogue
Rez
i think the default radius is just nuts .. way too low .. i walk over piles of gold and still miss it.. its pretty annoying.. and no thanks to getting that stat on gear

and what is up with barb belts im now getting like a zillion of those per act3 run jeez
Reply Quote
I play with just 1 gear with 5 yard pickup radius and i hardly miss anything. You just dont want to invest in gear that has pickup on it do you?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Rez
well if its an upgrade and has it then i dont mind.. but i wont go out of my way to get a piece of gear with that stat.. which usually means a downgrade
Reply Quote
I would not call it a downgrade. Every second i save running around gold drops is a second i use to kill more stuff for more gold drops. The faster you do a run the better right? You need just 1 piece so its not that hard to find someplace to put it.
Reply Quote
I miss having pick up radius. I remember when I first started the DH and equipped whatever I found I ended up with 21yards of bonus. That was pretty fun being able to pick up whole room fills of stuff at the same time.
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Damnkriz
well if its an upgrade and has it then i dont mind.. but i wont go out of my way to get a piece of gear with that stat.. which usually means a downgrade

it's worth sacrificing 1-3k dps for pick up radius imo.
Reply Quote
I agree.
The default pickup radius should be 2-3.

Usuallly its really hard to sacrifice all your gear, even for just a single item with pickup radius.
You are compromised because you have to have it because the default should literally walk over the gold, so tedious and strainful to the hands.
Reply Quote
Yea, I had to sacrify some damage and/or vitality for pickup radius. My monk and DH have nice vitality+ar+pickup belts, just without any dex.
Reply Quote
Why sacrifice, rares can go up to 6 random rolls. I do admit decent stated equip that also have pickup radius are way more expensive.
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Damnkriz
but i wont go out of my way to get a piece of gear with that stat.. which usually means a downgrade

There is a reason why there is a pickup radius premium, its da best.
Reply Quote
really 0 pickup rad = same as d2 d1, you can just click the gold to pick it up.

that said, just get pickup rad on some gear you never plan to upgrade for a long time

eg: in my case , a wh belt. in other people's cases a lacuni prowler with crit and pickup rad.
Reply Quote
It wouldn't be a problem, at least for most of players, if there isn't a bug that floating gold only be looted with pickup radius.
Reply Quote
yea lol thats crazy im forced to upgrade 1 item for 400m just for that pick up radius :/
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Rez
but in d2 gold doesn't even compare to the value of D3's gold ...

i dont bother.. if the pile of gold is not along my path i dont stray to pick it up.. it hurts seeing 2200+ piles just sit there tho..hurts more when i walk over them and still dont pick it up

im trying to keep my clears quick as possible.. so running around in a small circle for 3 seconds trying to pickup that one pile adds up

PS. i love fleeing shrine !! omgg
Edited by DamnKriz#1230 on 10/25/2012 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]