Diablo® III

Diablo just randomly crashing

I have had diablo 3 just freeze on me and crash 3x today.
Here is the info on the last crash.

The Apple crash report:
http://pastebin.com/DQNYqfRB
All 7962 lines of it

The D3 crash report ID:
5267EFC8-8A33-43DC-AB6A-3261439789B2

I have no idea why it is crashing. Maybe someone can tell me.
The game would just hang, I get the spinning beach ball and I have to force quit D3.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 10/18/2012 5:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Does this happen after you hit play from the launcher, or somewhere else?
Reply Quote
No. It happens after say 5 to 15 mins of game play. It's happened like 5 times today. Does not matter what act or difficulty I am in. It never has happened right after I clicked play from the launcher.

Actually they are not crashes exactly. The game just hangs. And I'm forced to force quit the client. And that brings up the crash reporter.

And thank you for your reply.

[edit] Another crash and another crash report.
20031B40-AB67-4917-8189-6CB2347EE37A

[edit 2] Another crash.
81414B6D-7AA6-4CF5-9A2A-2FB1A0B2E073

[edit 3]
And another crash.
9503BE65-E8ED-42A0-B664-2B103FA1EC4F

[edit 4]
Another crash.
A0ECAA07-C008-44B6-AA10-A603D75F771A
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 10/18/2012 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
same here. My game completely freezes (i play with head phones). Image is just frozen and large sound comes in while it is frozen.

I forced shutdown on my computer quickly (because it wasn't responding), turned on and logged backed in.

O man, I thought i died (play on hardcore) good thing dungeon was cleared.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@theeighthark- Can you try this and see if it helps? I spoke to the team about this, and it may be relating to corrupted files. Let's start out with your cache folder first.

Rebuild the Diablo III Cache
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs and delete the Cache folder.
    2. Then, navigate to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and delete the Agent.db file.
    3. Run the Diablo III Launcher and let the game update it's files.
    4. Press Play when you see Game is up to date

@aztecwarrior- Does the issue persists when no headphones are plugged in? Do you get any crash error report IDs as well?
Reply Quote
I have rebuild the cache as you said after deleting the agent.db and cache. It seems you have to delete both to get the cache to properly rebuild itself. And I'm not seeing these crashes now. If I see another one I'll let you know. Seems like it was a corrupted cache or something.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 10/18/2012 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same thing is happening to me, I already tried to rebuild the cache. It worked for like an hour and then freezes and crashes again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]