Diablo® III

So, umm ...

... I feel like I'm only progressing through act III because of the nerf. That feeling kind of sucks. Wondering how far I would have gotten without it.

Also, moving in on ghom. Never killed him in inferno before either - anything I should be aware of? Stats look like I ought to be ok? Would they have been ok prepatch? (I think I may switch to mm/seeker to get the full LoH out of my ring. But may not matter much anyway)

Edit: Actually, at ghom. I've decided to say screw it and not worry about checking his hp or swiching anything up. If I die, I die. To quote a famous personage, "What, me worry?"
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 10/19/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you're feeling act 3 at whatever monster power (or lack thereof) you're playing at is too easy, just bump up the monster power.
Reply Quote
View profile
Since I didn't see any "BraveRobin got his a ss kicked by the a3 keywarden" posts, I assume that you ROFL-stomped ghom. Your stats were good enough to beat 1.04 imho, you should do fine in 1.05. Although I don't know how solo wizards do in a4 and vs azmo, might want to check those out.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Mlenk
If you're feeling act 3 at whatever monster power (or lack thereof) you're playing at is too easy, just bump up the monster power.

While this is true, there is no monster power setting that would let me know if I'd have been able to push from where I was to where I am prepatch, due to the 'bump act I & act II up to level 63 mobs" part of turning MP on at all. I was actaully trying to knock out act II if I could before the patch came out but I had only done up to the start of "Betrayer of the Horadrim" when the patch went live.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Bryanw1995
Although I don't know how solo wizards do in a4 and vs azmo, might want to check those out.

Honestly, Azmo has always been basically cake as a blizz/hydra wiz whenever I've been able to get to him. Although I've never done him in inferno, he moves so little that you just drop a hydra near him, put a blizzard on him, avoid the fireball and his pools and kill the mob spawning thing when it comes out, and the hydra poison pools stack to insane amounts (kind of like phase III belial) and he just drops like a rock. So I figure if I could have gotten to the point where I could reliably kill elite phasebeasts without too much kiting he'd probably have been doable (although maybe not "easy" like in earlier difficulties).

Cydea's kind of the same thing - just drop blizz on her adds. But again, never done inferno.

And yeah, keywarden was scary (at least partly because of all the posts about him) but doable. I'd remake if he were by the entrance (why risk it?) but I can kill him once I clear enough to have a fair amount of kiting room. When I fought him the lowest I got was a little under half and I could have let regen cover that but popped a pot to be safe. Ghom went down pretty quick.

I've only ever seen one wizard solo clear thread. I'm sure there's been more that have done it, but there were various posts I've seen where people thought they'd need a group to get there and/or that wizards weren't solo viable past AI/AII-ish (possibly excepting the CM permafreeze builds). Yet there were also wizards farming AIII. I dunno, I was going to go for it, I figure you can't know if *you* can do it if you don't try. Oh well. :)
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 10/19/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"I feel like I'm only progressing through act III because of the nerf. That feeling kind of sucks. Wondering how far I would have gotten without it."

well you were too much of a !@@@!!%!% to try it before the patch so shut the !@#$ up !@@@!!%!%
Reply Quote
*shrug*. You can think that if you want, despite your apparent lack of either reading comprehension or the ability to read the rest of the thread before responding.
Reply Quote
Hi, my name is HunterRush and I have no idea what a !@#$%^ feels like.
Reply Quote
Killed azmo. It was starting to get harder again so I'm a little happy about that.

Plus, this beast of a ring dropped:
83 vit
ias 9%
cd 43%
cc 4.5%
100 life regen
socket

hell yeah for good drops. I immediately stuck a star topaz in it and put it on. :)
Reply Quote
The current a3/a4 is much easier than it was before. The difficulty equivalent would be somewhere between MP2-MP4.
Reply Quote
View profile
Grats on the trifecta ring. You should sell it, it would be an upgrade for just about anybody, and lots of rich folks are buying right now. Perfect ias + good cd + cc + good vit + socket, you could almost name your price for that.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Pzypro
The current a3/a4 is much easier than it was before. The difficulty equivalent would be somewhere between MP2-MP4.

(nod) I know. I was trying to get to act III and hoping that the patch would hold off a couple of weeks because there is no equivalent MP setting that lets you say 'I will play act II about as difficult as it was prepatch". When the patch was announced I pushed in to act II and could barely kill white mobs, so I went back to A1 and farmed for a while, and then tried it again, almost died to the first elite pack I ran into, went back to A1, farmed for a while, tried it again last weekend - got in to betrayer of the hoaradrim. Then the patch. I'm just a little bummed that I didn't clear A2 (I would have needed a little bit better gear than I had at the time, I think, I've bought some stuff postpatch) before the patch came out. I'll get over it. I'm going to shoot for an MP0 clear and then try to clear MP1, MP2, etc. and see how that goes.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 10/19/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just set it to MP2 or so and that will give you the *feeling of clearing a3 as it was before*.

Also there is no reason to do full progressive game clears on mp1, mp2 etc. Unless you just want to. All the acts are same difficulty once you enable monster power. So a1 mp1 is just as hard as a3 mp1.
Reply Quote
the only diff would be the innate abilities of the mobs.. such as phasebeast natural teleport.. they are a real pain being a 5-affix mobs.. haha.. then again, pets are really effective now.. onli hope that blizz can buff their defence.. maybe bind back to the heroes themselves, such as 50% that of the player's armor/AR.. =S
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 07:38 PMPosted by zhaozilong
the only diff would be the innate abilities of the mobs.. such as phasebeast natural teleport.. they are a real pain being a 5-affix mobs.. haha.. then again, pets are really effective now.. onli hope that blizz can buff their defence.. maybe bind back to the heroes themselves, such as 50% that of the player's armor/AR.. =S

And the fact that they have a crapload of health and they hit like a truck (they are part of the reason it started to feel harder again on the way down to azmo ... that and just mob density)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]