Diablo® III

Enable Monster Power Selection Resets

This had happened a large number of times, around 13 times.

At seemingly random times, the option in the Gameplay section of the Options menu named "Enable Monster Power Selection" will reset or uncheck itself and therefore disable Monster Power Selection, hiding it from view in the Change Quest menu.
It has happened nearly every time i play a solo game on Monster Power 0, upon exiting it deactivates itself. It even does this when you Do use Monster Power.

While this is not a huge, gameplay altering bug, it is indeed annoying as each time you must go back into the Options and re-enable Monster Power Selection everytime. And I have personally tested whether relogging in, or rebooting Diablo 3 fixes this, but i've found this bug many times over the last 3 days.

I have no experience with hosting multiplayer games but i haven't noticed it happening after going into multiplayer. In terms of recreating this bug for the purpose of observation, but i do know it happens after leaving a solo or private game, but in terms of what i did in a clear step-to-step format is this:

1. I logged in, and changed the MP to 3, and the quest to act 1, the final quest.
2. I went hunting for an elite pack for a few minutes to ten, and afterwards i simply went into town.
3. Upon arriving in town, all i did was leave the game.
4. And Upon arriving at the Menu screen for your character (The Main Menu i guess?) i went to change the Monster Power to 0, but found it deactivated, despite having it activated earlier.

I know screenshots would not help, but even if i cannot make a video, I hope this was enough info, though i am willing to answer any and all questions.
Thank You for your time.
Edited by StormyFacade#1945 on 10/20/2012 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Mine does the same thing. Tick monster power in gameplay options, set the power and quest I want. When I leave the game the option has been unticked and I have to go to the options and recheck it before going to the next quest.
Reply Quote
same here
Reply Quote
This happens to me as well. Both from logging out of the game and between leaving games.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
its a known issue they are working on happens ocasionaly when u leave game or log off
Reply Quote
Good to know I'm not the only one with it.
Hope they fix it soon, i'd love to see what caused it
(I mean like the details, might help if i have to bug-fix my own game i'm working on)
Reply Quote
Just going to add that I have the same issue.
Reply Quote
Same here happens to me all the time almost after every game I have to re-enable Monster Power
Reply Quote
It's annoying to get halfway through a keywarden run and realize it's reset on you ... this needs to be fixed.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
same here. seems like every single time i log on
Reply Quote
It happened to me also, not everytime but quite often, and it's still happening.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
same annoying issue
Reply Quote
same here ...
Reply Quote
Also happens whenever you open options to change something else it unticks the box by default. Really annoying.
Reply Quote
any fix with it soon?
Reply Quote
+1 for justice
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]