Act 4 Keywarden Pattern

I know you will hate me, but first try on MP2
Reply Quote
first try at mp3 :S
Reply Quote
Mp 5 1st go and it dropped for.

Eu char.
Reply Quote
ya, its like that. first portal machine it was almost the 1st or 2nd try for all keys and book (MP3-5). After that was many many tries. I got more legendaries off the keywarden than keys lol!
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Lylirra
How long did it take you to get?

I've been running MP3 off-and-on since last week. I've managed to get the first and third keys pretty early on, but I've yet to see the second key or the Blacksmithing plans.

Soooo, I'll have to get back to you on that. =/

Anyone heard of a glitch/mechanic that if you ENGAGE the keywarden WITHOUT 5 stack that he'll never drop a key? I've been avoiding that just in case... just wandering if that was the case though.

You need to have a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor in order for the keys to drop. Same applies for the demonic organ pieces, too.

My apologies, but your reply doesn't answer that he meant the distinction between engaging and killing.

We know you have to have 5NV when you *kill* the target, but do you have to have 5NV when the target is first hit?
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Lylirra
How long did it take you to get?

I've been running MP3 off-and-on since last week. I've managed to get the first and third keys pretty early on, but I've yet to see the second key or the Blacksmithing plans.

Soooo, I'll have to get back to you on that. =/

Anyone heard of a glitch/mechanic that if you ENGAGE the keywarden WITHOUT 5 stack that he'll never drop a key? I've been avoiding that just in case... just wandering if that was the case though.

You need to have a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor in order for the keys to drop. Same applies for the demonic organ pieces, too.

She did'nt answer your question.
Reply Quote
Quick Question. So if I am wondering around with 4 stacks and the key warden hits me before I attack him and I run off until I have 5 stacks does this mean he will not have the possibility to drop the key? Or If my storm armor hits him accidently does this also mean that if I come back with 5 stacks he will not drop key? I guess I am asking does the stacks matter before he attacks/you attack or is it when he dies?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
My apologies, but your reply doesn't answer that he meant the distinction between engaging and killing.

We know you have to have 5NV when you *kill* the target, but do you have to have 5NV when the target is first hit?

You are correct, sir. (MAH BAD.)

Let me check with our developers first. I'll return with a useful answer this time, I promise. :)
Reply Quote
mp0 none
mp1 none
mp1 none
mp2 none
mp2 finally dropped
Reply Quote
Lylirra -

With the MP Nerf, do you think you will be seeing a MP monster life % nerf?

Also - With the change to battle rage for barbarians, do you think you can fix the rune Ferocity?

It is now a 120 second buff, I don't see anybody using a rune that will increase the duration...any thoughts?
Reply Quote
First time out. mp5. I run keys at mp3 with my ww barb, takes about 15 minutes to get 5 stacks and go kill key guy. the plans do suck to get but if you cant find keys your just not efficient.
Reply Quote
It seems Blizz thought it funny to give me a break on the keys rather than the loot (loot sucks for me half the time) because first time I tried to get the keys I got them like this
key 1 - 1 try
key 2 - 2 tries
key 3 - 3 tries
key 4 - 2 tries

which I didn't think was all that bad for MP4 so about 40% / 45% drop chance, whichever it is and since then I've got as far as getting a second infernal machine rather quickly and the third has been good progress so far, only need to get the third key now. Never took me more than 3 tries so far, unlike good loot which comes by every blue moon.
Edited by Kirtswall#2566 on 10/23/2012 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
2 runs on mp5.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/23/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Squaekers

Confirmed with our developers: you only need the full five stacks when you kill the target. The game checks for that requirement when the target dies, not when it's first engaged.
Reply Quote
First try MP 5, when some friends needed help then all of them on first try at MP 7. Tho i feel like this boss is a waste after you've found the plan... it should have the chance to drop something, like keys, idk.
Reply Quote
1st try on MP5
Reply Quote
Lylirra -

With the MP Nerf, do you think you will be seeing a MP monster life % nerf?

Also - With the change to battle rage for barbarians, do you think you can fix the rune Ferocity?

It is now a 120 second buff, I don't see anybody using a rune that will increase the duration...any thoughts?

Please review this question again lylirra.
Reply Quote
I guess I got pretty lucky as well.

First key on first drop, second key took four attempts, and third key on first drop; all on MP0.

I'll be doing my fourth attempt on the pattern this evening and will try it at MP2.
Edited by Myth#1752 on 10/23/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MP10 - 1 try.

Took 3 hours.
Reply Quote
I did a 2 person MP 4 run and got the plan on my first try...:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]