Diablo® III

Act 4 Keywarden Pattern

10/23/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Lylirra
We know you have to have 5NV when you *kill* the target, but do you have to have 5NV when the target is first hit?

Confirmed with our developers: you only need the full five stacks when you kill the target. The game checks for that requirement when the target dies, not when it's first engaged.

Lylirra,

This was asked because sometimes we go out and get 5 stacks and then get a few more elite kills on our way to the key warden. To save time, I have been working my way to the key warden and getting stacks along the way. When I find him I TP to town and get the rest of my stacks from another area. Sometimes we engage the keywarden without 5 stacks and come back to him with 5 stacks to finish him off.
Reply Quote
I guess I got pretty lucky as well.

First key on first drop, second key took four attempts, and third key on first drop.

I'll be doing my fourth attempt on the pattern this evening.

You know you only have to get the plan once right?
Reply Quote
I guess I got pretty lucky as well.

First key on first drop, second key took four attempts, and third key on first drop.

I'll be doing my fourth attempt on the pattern this evening.

You know you only have to get the plan once right?

Yes, but I have yet to get it to drop. This will be my fourth attempt at killing the Keywarden to get it to drop.
Reply Quote
I wish they'd tell us what variables the RNG uses, because it does seem entirely TOO streaky and far more streaky than other games I have played...especially since they flat out tell us what percentages we should expect and they aren't really what is experienced. I notice far too often having a group of 3 go 5 runs with no one getting a key, then the 6th everyone gets a key, for instance. Not saying that isn't possible in a truly random environment, but there is no such thing as a true RNG for the computers anyways.
Reply Quote
Lylirra -

With the MP Nerf, do you think you will be seeing a MP monster life % nerf?

Also - With the change to battle rage for barbarians, do you think you can fix the rune Ferocity?

It is now a 120 second buff, I don't see anybody using a rune that will increase the duration...any thoughts?

Please review this question again lylirra.

first question about mp 'nerf' it wasn't a nerf, it was a correction to the error the way damage scales, as explained by lylirra here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933236334

there is no indication about changing the monster HP, that is part of the challenge & encourages players to improve their characters & gear in order to put out the DPS required for all the extra HP

and as for you 2nd question/statement, I would suggest trying to start a new thread w/ the same question/statement and a different subject line

hope this helps!
Reply Quote
2nd try on mp3
Reply Quote
First try on MP1
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 08:40 PMPosted by RaxZergling
Anyone heard of a glitch/mechanic that if you ENGAGE the keywarden WITHOUT 5 stack that he'll never drop a key? I've been avoiding that just in case... just wandering if that was the case though.

No. I've actually had the warden and an elite pack right next to each other when I was at 4 stacks. I engaged them both at same time, Warden was at around 35% when elite pack died giving me 5 stack, when I finished off the Warden he dropped a key.
Reply Quote
3-man MP6 first try 3 plans.

Yet yesterday we did 3 runs for the Act 1 key and got 0.

RNG strikes back!
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Lylirra
We know you have to have 5NV when you *kill* the target, but do you have to have 5NV when the target is first hit?

Confirmed with our developers: you only need the full five stacks when you kill the target. The game checks for that requirement when the target dies, not when it's first engaged.

Thanks this is great to know! I've always gotten to NV5 before even going to the keywarden's area just to be safe. Good to know that isn't required as I often find and kill elites in the vicinity of the keywarden before killing him.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 06:44 PMPosted by RaxZergling
0.678223072849% chance of it not dropping. I'm one in a million!

thats about 7/1000.

But I got mine after my second try on MP3.
Reply Quote
Got it my first try at MP5.
Reply Quote
I've heard:
MP0 = 5%, MP1=10%, and +10% per each additional level.

However, I've seen documentation that shows:

MP1=1%
MP2=8%
MP3=17%
MP4=26%
MP5=36%
MP6=47%
MP7=59%
MP8=71%
MP9=85%
MP10=100%

Were all these values changed before the final release? Which is accurate? Is there a link where it's officially published?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I hit keywarden yesterday with 4 nv come back with 5 and he dropped plans.
Reply Quote
7th try at MP2 for the plan.
Reply Quote
2nd try on MP3
Reply Quote
Blizzard,

Is it at all possible to create MP levels for public games as well???
This will be be a great way to compare builds with more similar gear builds.

Please look into this option....
Reply Quote
Blizzard,

Is it at all possible to create MP levels for public games as well???
This will be be a great way to compare builds with more similar gear builds.

Please look into this option....
Reply Quote
How long did it take you to get?

Just finished run 14 @ MP3 (aka 30% chance to drop) and still no drop.

After that many runs there is a 0.678223072849% chance of it not dropping. I'm one in a million! :D

Wish it didn't require 5 stacks b/c that takes far too long to get in Act 4...

i did 8 runs at mp 4 to get it.

rng has not been kind ot me. I had 9 uber bosses (mp5) and only 1 organ drop (ie: streak of 8 no drops, if you do a binomial distribution, you see how unlikely 8 out of 9 coin flips ends up heads)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 10/23/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 06:44 PMPosted by RaxZergling
After that many runs there is a 0.678223072849% chance of it not dropping. I'm one in a million! :D

While you're percentage value is correct, you're actually only 68 in 10,000, or one in 147. In every 147 people, on average there will be one just as unlucky as you :)

Oh, and I got it on my second attempt on MP5.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]