Diablo® III

Act 4 Keywarden Pattern

How long did it take you to get?

I've been running MP3 off-and-on since last week. I've managed to get the first and third keys pretty early on, but I've yet to see the second key or the Blacksmithing plans.

Soooo, I'll have to get back to you on that. =/

Anyone heard of a glitch/mechanic that if you ENGAGE the keywarden WITHOUT 5 stack that he'll never drop a key? I've been avoiding that just in case... just wandering if that was the case though.

You need to have a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor in order for the keys to drop. Same applies for the demonic organ pieces, too.

It took me about 10 times on MP1 to get the plans. On MP1, I got the keys in 2 or 3 tries max. However, since the first time getting the 2nd key, I haven't gotten it since - I'm on try 21 and it still hasn't dropped...the first and third keys seem to drop no problem though. Getting increasingly frustrated with Act 2 warden.

Edit: also hate that the warden is in a place as huge as the Oasis, but that's a minor gripe
Edited by justjoddat#1946 on 10/23/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've heard:
MP0 = 5%, MP1=10%, and +10% per each additional level.

This is correct.
Reply Quote
Took me 8 tries at MP5 but he gave in eventually.
Reply Quote
1st try mp3
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 08:40 PMPosted by RaxZergling
Anyone heard of a glitch/mechanic that if you ENGAGE the keywarden WITHOUT 5 stack that he'll never drop a key? I've been avoiding that just in case... just wandering if that was the case though.

I can confirm to you this glitch/mechanic is NOT in the game.

Most of my runs, I start by clearing the area up to the warden, engage him, and THEN I go somewhere else to get my remaining stacks, and come back to kill him.
And I get my fair share of keys.

So you don't need to worry about it, and don't need to avoid this if it's more practical to you.
Reply Quote
Yea I took the keywarden in Act 2 to about half health and realized I only had 4 stacks so I appointed to new location to get 5th and then came back and killed him and he dropped the key of hate. Just confirming, its true.
Reply Quote
i got my plans 1st try on mp3
and all my keys 1st try on mp4 except for act 3, had to do twice T-T
Reply Quote
I've tried 3 of the 4 multiple times with full stacks of NV and have yet to drop a key
Reply Quote
MP0, first try (yeah).

Wasn't even looking for it, I was just finishing the lore with my nearly new barb.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
MP0, first try (yeah).

Wasn't even looking for it, I was just finishing the lore with my nearly new barb.

Those are the best kind of drops, in my opinion -- the ones you aren't expecting or looking for. :)
Reply Quote
6-7 tries so far at MP2 and no plans, so far. But he dropped my first ever set item last night, Blackthorn's pants. I got a Sky Cutter the night before, so I can't complain.
Reply Quote
2nd try on MP4. I'm wondering about his fire attack, does anybody know if it's bugged? He'd cast it while I was nowhere near it and yet I would take insane damage over usually less than 2-3 seconds and then die. Over and over..
Anybody else see this kind of thing happen?
Reply Quote
5 tries, 5 stack every time MP3, Act 1 Inferno. I did get a Tal Rasha's Chest Armor, but no keys!
Reply Quote
View profile
mp5 took me 5 runs.
but i was rewarded later by RNG.. after me and a friend farmed up 3 machines each.
i got 5 ring parts out of the 6 machines.
so i built 1 ring and had 2 parts for a 2nd.
Reply Quote
Welcome to RNG that is not RNG.

I went 0-18 on the act 1 key on MP5. Just !@#$ty %^- luck sometimes.
Reply Quote
How long did it take you to get?

Just finished run 14 @ MP3 (aka 30% chance to drop) and still no drop.

After that many runs there is a 0.678223072849% chance of it not dropping. I'm one in a million! :D

Wish it didn't require 5 stacks b/c that takes far too long to get in Act 4...

gambler's fallacy, the odds of it not dropping are the same 70% in every game you joined there is nothing cumulative about the percentages
Reply Quote
8 runs at MP6, fought the worst pack ever during this session as well.

Mallet Lord - Molten, Jailer, Fast, H O R D E...FML
Reply Quote
On MP3 the first set of keys took me about five times for each average.. then I put it on MP2 so I can play while I watch football and not die, and I get the act1 key on first try and the act2 key on first try..... the secret is not expecting it to drop, that's when it drops.
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Lylirra
We know you have to have 5NV when you *kill* the target, but do you have to have 5NV when the target is first hit?

Confirmed with our developers: you only need the full five stacks when you kill the target. The game checks for that requirement when the target dies, not when it's first engaged.

Excellent.

You had me scared there ;p
Reply Quote
15 attempts for me... worst experience so far in game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]