Diablo® III

First Infernal Machine, should I go?

Finally got one. Did it on MP1.

Key#1 - at first attempt,
key#2 - at first attempt,
Key#3 - after 27 attempts. Snoofo you've been in some, thanks mate :)

It took all up about 9 hours to do it. While was hunting for 3rd key, found 3 legs and 2 set items, average quality. Gained 3 paragons and about 5m gold! To me this is what Bliz wanted to do us. Yes, I'm happy, this is a game.

Now, if at MP1 I have 10% chance to get parts for a ring, should I better to hire professional killers and jump on higher MP, or go solo and hope for luck? Or may be wait until I will be OK to do MP7+ solo...

What's your experience?
Reply Quote
atm im disregarding keys all together. my normal run pattern includes the act 3 warden anyways, so my aim is to keep doing what i was doing till i get strong enough for MP7+. By then i wouldve gathered alot of act 3 keys (i hope). Then i will go on to hunt for the other 2 keys (and plan). Then i do hellfire parts run.

I dont really want the ring for my monk tbh, only if i find the last 20 plvl too hard to obtain. I only have 2 slots for rings, and i already need SOJ and nat ring for my build to work. My main focus is to make the ring for my other 4 chars. :)
Reply Quote
I have been helping people on MP7. Add me if you need help.
Reply Quote
I'd hire or have someone help you on higher mp. 9 hours to get the machine, multiplying your odds of getting a part for the ring by 7 seems worth shooting for.
Reply Quote
Im happy to help did it on mp5 last time and was fairly easy so mp7 should be good
Reply Quote
@OP. you may want to make three machines at a time. portals opened are randomly generated. The only way to make sure you get the right boss fight is to open three portals at a time.

For the people who have done it, how do the uber bosses compare vs their regular counterparts?

I'm thinking of doing my runs on MP 2 or 3 but can't decide yet.

Any advise?
Edited by Hayaku#6122 on 10/21/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
do it on 5-6, its not that hard if you have a good party.

i would recommend a wizard or two with freeze/slow time capabilities, a barb/monk with their shouts/mantras and glass canon DH

get resis and LOH up, don't worry that much about DPS cos no point having a lot if you are always dead
Reply Quote
@OP. you may want to make three machines at a time. portals opened are randomly generated. The only way to make sure you get the right boss fight is to open three portals at a time...

Good one, thanks Hayaku!

@WNxNiteHawk
@Videl
2 machines to build, ~20 hours approx, so end of this week may be? ;)

cheers
Reply Quote
thats a long time.. takes me maybe.. the better part of an hour for 3 machines
Reply Quote
do it on 5-6, its not that hard if you have a good party.

i would recommend a wizard or two with freeze/slow time capabilities, a barb/monk with their shouts/mantras and glass canon DH

get resis and LOH up, don't worry that much about DPS cos no point having a lot if you are always dead

If you don't have the right dps, you will hit the enrage timer.
Reply Quote

If you don't have the right dps, you will hit the enrage timer.

= 1 shot deaths

Also I can help you out on MP5-7
Edited by RIZE#1498 on 10/22/2012 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@RIZE, thanks, I'll call when be ready.

No keys tonight, legendary Cindercoat as compensation in A4 from (may be wrong) Leah soul, the one with exclamation mark who turns into yellow monster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]