Diablo® III

People say wow has higher metacrit than GW2

I thought this too until I realized Panderia has an 83 compared to GW2 90
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm not sticking up for WoW, as I've cancelled and MoP is garbage, but do metacritic scores matter? And yes, I'm asking. Do people read or rely on that when making a purchase?
Edited by Ruzan#1834 on 10/22/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Ruzn
I'm not sticking up for WoW, as I've cancelled and MoP is garbage, but do metacritic scores matter? And yes, I'm asking. Do people read or rely on that when making a purchase?

so now that you've wasted another 55 dollars and spent the time leveling to 90.

I really would like to know.

was it worth it? What do you dislike about it?

I quit wow when i read about MoP because i was already bored (and i had just hit level 85) and i knew pandas and pokemon definitely wouldn't fix it

As for metacritic..

It actually is a fair representation about what gamers think of the games. The companies usually pull reviews straight out of their !@# but user reviews tend to be much more honest.

And before you bring up fanboys and haters...

D3 has one of the lowest use scores out of any game on metacritic (well deserved as well). It is not because of haters however.

I would easily say there are an equal amount of haters and fanboys for TL2 or CoD. The thing is TL2 didn't disappoint its fans. It didn't shove unwanted DRM or AH down the throats of its customers, and it was generally very satisfying and the price reinforces the lack of greed.

Gamers do not like to give money to greedy companies. It is another reason why i refuse to play WoW anymore, and why i will not buy another bioware or infinity ward game. It isn't the number one way to tell if a game is good. Personally i think minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made but it has a 6.9 user rating. It is simply an indication of what the gaming community as a whole feels about that game
Edited by Orion#1762 on 10/22/2012 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]