Diablo® III

Melee wiz no freeze.

I started as a melee blades wiz and it worked fine until act 2 inferno way back when. Just stacked cheap ar and armor on mediocre int and vit and they died eventually, until act 2 inferno. Then I came to forums after getting pwnt and found CM. Latly I've been wanting to try something new since I overcame nerf now cm bores me. So I figure with gear I have stacked in armor and ias so no problem.

built this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQgSjf!Zfd!YaYcaZ

Bought a storm shield with blades affix, have armor and ar affix on most gear (6500 700 unbuffed) with crystallize goes to 10,500 armor 700 ar and died to every elite pack at least once in fos mp6.

tldr: Totally not viable.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/18/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
At least you tried.
Reply Quote
+1 for effort
Reply Quote
What got me is they were attacking 80% slowed due to slow time. I was attacking at 2.81x speed due to insane ias gear and still couldnt heal damage dealt fast enough with bloodmagic and healing blades and 1000loh. crazy.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/18/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I found an SB build (no freeze) that's viable in MP2-3. Essentially, it's about combining healing blades with blood magic and Molten. (not the build in my profile)

Which is enough for me. Going to a high monster level = slow, and few builds work.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Aimless
What got me is they were attacking 80% slowed due to slow time. I was attacking at 2.81x speed due to insane ias gear and still couldnt heal damage dealt fast enough with bloodmagic and healing blades and 1000loh. crazy.

It's a 20% slow, but yeah still, FFFFFuuuuuu! I'm basically trying the same thing, but with crappier gear. Let's just say that I feel like throwing my keyboard out the window if I try to play solo due to all the respawning.
Reply Quote
I found an SB build (no freeze) that's viable in MP2-3. Essentially, it's about combining healing blades with blood magic and Molten. (not the build in my profile)

Which is enough for me. Going to a high monster level = slow, and few builds work.

I can do MP 4 but i got insane gear man. Like armor on everything and crystallize give me another 60% so like 10,500 total. Near 75% cap (72% reduction)

Storm shield is sick 35% block, 8% elite reduction, 7% melee reduction 80 AR.

Got blur running. Got 30% damage reduction safe passage going.

not viable to ppl just starting which I hoped it would be. I showed ppl how to build a 1.25m cm was hoping to do similar here. Not viable at high MP. There is no way they remove freeze IMO it's only way a wiz can survive.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/18/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol. I love this post. We should post fail builds as well as viable ones. Has anyone tried a Sleet Storm build with Frosties, Cold Blooded and the Time Warp with 20% increased dmg? I don't have any APoC but if I did I would try it asap.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Hex

It's a 20% slow, but yeah still, FFFFFuuuuuu! I'm basically trying the same thing, but with crappier gear. Let's just say that I feel like throwing my keyboard out the window if I try to play solo due to all the respawning.

lol yeah. Sorry about that typo. Dude I'm gonna try a 1.65 ias LS dagger if that don't work (which I doubt since it also reduces DPS and ias) then im done.
Reply Quote
Thanks for trying, Aimless. hehe.
It does look like it could've worked, though.
At least on paper.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Aimless

lol yeah. Sorry about that typo. Dude I'm gonna try a 1.65 ias LS dagger if that don't work (which I doubt since it also reduces DPS and ias) then im done.

Tbh if you're using a shield, i'd go for Force Armor. In addition to that, using a combination of all forms of healing (+Health Globes, a little pick-up radius, + Regen from Galvanizing, Vile Ward, one more piece of armor and maybe even Familiar to get 1K - 1.5K passive regen, a mix of LoH and LS) may do the trick. At least that's what I'm thinking.
Reply Quote
What about the Frost Armor that procs Frost Novas? Would that slow the damage down that you're taking?
Reply Quote
This is what the patch was intended to do, spark creativity. Working so far, I've tried 2 new builds, about to try a third over the weekend with meteor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]