Diablo® III

It was too good to be true

(Locked)

I thought the same. There was a huge lag spike last night and Leg/Sets seemed to dry up. I was on MP5 at the time. This morning I ran some MP10 action and snagged an Echoing Fury and a nice Bul-Kathos Blood mighty weapon and some nice trifecta gloves.

I took off my tin-foil hat and baked some salmon in it. I now believe in RNG.
Yep it's probably just a switch they flipped, and the brown and green items seem to be dry up pretty quickly.
le sigh

ill give you people a B+ for persistence at least

too bad you get an F- for accuracy
10/18/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Porkie
You frusted bro?

lol ya I'm frusted now.

Well I just wish they extended the uber drop rates for a few more days, I'm not yet done farming lol.

I don't know why they think nobody will notice. It's been obvious for me too, both of the last two patches. Get everybody all jacked up with some great drops and drop rates for a short while, then put the clamps back on again to benefit their RMAH profits before the market gets too full of good stuff. Time to give it up for good, these dinks are just plain shifty and underhanded, not the kind who will ever really fix the game right and leave it fixed. Just more bait 'n switch, as always.
10/18/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Porkie
Don't know why blizz had to nerf the drop rates again. It's almost back to 1.0.4 levels. I'm talking about legendary and set items.

3 legendary yesterday, today even 4. No set item since 1.0.3...

Nothing has changed.
So final tally for today's 8 hour farming run.

0 legendary
0 set items

I found 14-16 legendary/set items from day 1 and 2.

This can't be coincidence right? I mean I was finding literally 1 legendary per hour, 1-2 per run.

Now I found zero.

Blizz has to stop this bull!@#$
Ahh, the invisible hand of the market.
10/18/2012 06:35 PMPosted by WytMinority4
Ahh, the invisible hand of the market.

I hate it I really do. I just want to farm and enjoy my game. I want to find stuff and give them to my other chars. I want to find useless legendaries, and I;ll be happy when I find the godly ones.

I didn't play D2 for years because drop rates were so bad, I played because I felt rewarded after hours of mf runs.
+1 Noticed sudden lack of legendary drops. same setup nothing changed.
Edited by asdf#1285 on 10/18/2012 6:40 PM PDT
I played since patch game out and have not found a single set or legendary option.

I was running 5NV
MP 5 (tried 3 for couple ours)
Paragon 15 - 16

Found plenty of gold and rares. But thats it.

I read the forums and see all these people getting awesome drops was disappointed especially as i played i reacon over 20 hours over 2 days.
yeah I just feel so... FRUSTED all of a sudden.

I came home and just started farming non stop for 8 hours, and I've had it. Bring back day 1 and 2 drop rates!
people like op are the ones killing this game (inb4 it's already dead)

get tons of awesome items
want more
don't get any anymore
go to forums and whine

inb4 whiners = brats

want more
don't get any anymore
go to forums and whine

inb4 whiners = brats

You see, if you weren't stupid you'd get my point. But yeah, I won't try to explain..
I found the leg crossbow Dawn for the fourth time today. Personally, I really do not see too much ramdomness in finding the same item four times. Twice, I can buy it, three times, well, eh.. But four times? Not complaining about not finding legendaries because I do find them. I just have a hard time believing that it is simply random generation or coincidence.
I hadn't found any Legendary or Set items in 1.05...until two hours ago, when two of them dropped from the same treasure goblin.

RNG BRAH

want more
don't get any anymore
go to forums and whine

inb4 whiners = brats

You see, if you weren't stupid you'd get my point. But yeah, I won't try to explain..

your poor choice of word is enough for me to know you're a brat :)

thank you for making my statement true
RNG is RNG

Tal Amulet and Manajumi's in same run, also tals chest last night, witching hour first day

You're not going to be finding 5-10 leggie/sets a day that would totally plummet the market

I am sure it is but then again I did a run the first night on MP1 with maybe 250% MF (with stacks) and before I even got one stack I got a leg and then after I got one stack I got another.

I do fins it strange TBH but I guess it is what it is.

The only thing we "nerfed" during this morning's rolling restarts were some client crashes and a minor bug related to Reflect Damage (specifically when pets trigger it). We didn't make any changes to item drop rates or drop quality. :)
Community Manager
Item drop rates do not Deep Breath more, guys. =/

- We haven't made any changes to drop rates or drop quality.
- They are same as they were yesterday, when the patch went live.
- We implemented some hotfixes this morning, but they weren't related to items at all.
- Those changes can be found here (if you're curious).

In all likelihood, you're just experiencing normal RNG. Sometimes it treats you well, and sometimes it doesn't -- and I know it doesn't feel great when it doesn't. If, however, you feel like something may be bugged, go ahead and drop a line in the Bug Report forum so we can investigate. We certainly didn't make any adjustments intentionally, but it's possible there may be an issue we're unaware of.
Edited by Lylirra on 10/18/2012 8:14 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]