Diablo® III

Is magic weapon -> blood magic bugged?

I was using it for a bit. Is it suppose to work for Lightning Armor or Hydra?

Thanks,
Reply Quote
It definitely works now, I have switched to it for my Archon build and notice significantly more life while fighting reflect mobs. I used to be pretty much evened out, and now I gain pretty fast against them. It does not show on the character sheet for some reason, though, even though it should.
Edited by TheMaster627#1815 on 10/18/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Works for me with Disintegrate, Ray of Frost, and Archon's Disintegrate. I have 0% innate lifesteal and I'm getting life back as I channel.
Reply Quote
1.5% is too little. Needs to be at least 3%.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just to follow up, it turns out that the “Details” page of the hero sheet is not displaying accurate information whenever Wizards use Blood Magic, and that's a bug we plan on fixing. In practice, however, the skill is still working correctly with channeled damage over time spells like Archon: Disintegrate and Ray of Frost.

(Also, as others have pointed out, Life Steal does suffer an 80% reduction in Inferno, which reduces it to 0.3%.)

*Edit* Changed 0.03% to 0.3% Thanks for pointing that out Rynn.
Edited by Grimiku on 10/19/2012 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just to follow up, it turns out that the “Details” page of the hero sheet is not displaying accurate information whenever Wizards use Blood Magic, and that's a bug we plan on fixing. In practice, however, the skill is still working correctly with channeled damage over time spells like Archon: Disintegrate and Ray of Frost.

(Also, as others have pointed out, Life Steal does suffer an 80% reduction in Inferno, which reduces it to 0.03%.)

...you mean 0.3%?
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Grimiku
(Also, as others have pointed out, Life Steal does suffer an 80% reduction in Inferno, which reduces it to 0.3%.)

Wasn't it 70% reduction?
Reply Quote

Then why cant you have the char. sheet say its .3% instead of misleading us?
If i have 40,000 health, you have the game say i have 40,000 health right? then why not have the game show me what my actualy Lifesteal is?
Reply Quote
500k calamity crits netting ~500 returned health FTL, going back to FW.
Reply Quote

Then why cant you have the char. sheet say its .3% instead of misleading us?
If i have 40,000 health, you have the game say i have 40,000 health right? then why not have the game show me what my actualy Lifesteal is?

Gotta say, that is a pretty good idea. Just like how the resistances changed in d2 when entering different difficulties.
Reply Quote

Next time you talk to one of those folks in the answerin' stuff department...maybe ask them why it's such a low % to begin with. A rune shouldn't be worse than an average roll of an affix, should it?
Reply Quote
Does the inferno reduction on life leech affect the final rune of zombie dogs? Where 50% of the damage they deal is evenly distributed as HP between you and the zombie dogs.
Reply Quote
I was using it for a bit. Is it suppose to work for Lightning Armor or Hydra?

Thanks,

no idea about storm armor, but hydra doesn't heal at all iirc
Reply Quote
It's weird that barbarians have a 3% life steal passive while wizards, who these days need staying power much more than barbs do, only get 1.5% life steal from their passive.

<- Barbarian main, wizard alt
Edited by Freudian#2775 on 10/19/2012 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's weird that barbarians have a 3% life steal passive while wizards, who these days need staying power much more than barbs do, only get 1.5% life steal from their passive.

<- Barbarian main, wizard alt

Us wizards don't have one as a passive, we need to keep it up via a dmg buff. Still, we are getting dmg buff and life steal through the same spell, although I wish it was a bit more.
Reply Quote
So reduction to life steal doesn't show up in the details bar? You have to figure out the actual details by knowing what all the inferno reductions are? e.g. resist all reduction
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]