Diablo® III

Act II Cinematic

I thought it was extremely cheesy. But that's just me.
Reply Quote
I just wish they didn't show any of them before release :S
Reply Quote
WTF? People actually liked the story? Not sure if serious....
Reply Quote
If you liked Diablo III's story and pre-rendered cinematic movies, you really should take a look at Diablo II's. Not only is the story and dialogue not horrible, it's actually pretty good by any story telling standard.

Diablo III's pre-rendered cinematics look terrific, agreed, however they are completely out of touch with the style and tone of the actual game - they completely shatter the experience by reminding everyone "Hey, this is what graphics technology in 2012 actually looks like". Then the movie ends, you're standing in a game world smothered in Playstation 2 style texture work.
Reply Quote
Maybe I'll have to go back and take a look again. I always hit esc now and skip them, watched them all on my first play through but that was months ago. They did a nice job again though!
Reply Quote
Seen all the act cinematics, you'll probably like them all, but Act II is probably the best.

10/19/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Divious
Well Grimmy, if you increase Tyreals damage to match your statement....

Tyreal's damage used to be awesome, but to many ranged characters where using him to tank the harder stuff when he was with the party.

Although, it does seem that Follower's damage has increase somewhere along the line. Or at least their attack seem more effective.
Reply Quote
View profile
While one cannot debate the sheer awesomeness of D3's cinematics in terms of visual quality and small spine tingling moments here and there, i somehow feel it cannot compare to the overall experience of the cinematic scenes provided in D2.

It had a real progression in terms of story telling and really sucked you deep inside the realm of sanctuary.

The D3 storyline did not have much to tell via cinematic scenes and were just mostly eye candy. Am i being nostalgic ah well...
Reply Quote

me too. how do i watch it again?

On the log in page to the left there is a button you can press to watch the ones you have unlocked.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'm still waiting on Blizzard to just make a movie using these cinematics. Seriously. They can do it.
Reply Quote
While one cannot debate the sheer awesomeness of D3's cinematics in terms of visual quality and small spine tingling moments here and there, i somehow feel it cannot compare to the overall experience of the cinematic scenes provided in D2.

It had a real progression in terms of story telling and really sucked you deep inside the realm of sanctuary.

The D3 storyline did not have much to tell via cinematic scenes and were just mostly eye candy. Am i being nostalgic ah well...

Nope you're not being nostalgic.
Reply Quote
The Tyreal cinematic with Leah was amazing, but I didn't like the fact he became a man. What mattered was his new enlightenment and wisdom he had gained, why bother becoming mortal when he was more powerful and able to protect humanity better as an Angel? Not to mention he just looked so much better as an angel... oh well.
Reply Quote
My fav part act 3 ending...Even in the heart of heaven...angels can still feel fear.

It gave me chills when I first saw that cut scene. Brilliant.
Reply Quote
The quality of the cinematics is still top notch, especially those fights in Act 4.

But the story...never mind about it.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
I like hearing what people pick out as their favorites in these. My favorite part of the Act II cinematic is when Leah takes Tyrael's hand. For some reason, seeing the size difference just makes me chuckle…and then shudder a little at the thought of being hit with something like that. Definitely don’t want to make enemies with Wisdom.

My favourite "You can not judge me!" Or when Imperius calls down his spear before Diablo in Heaven.

But really anything that features Cain... hes so old its money
Edited by Reaver#1281 on 10/20/2012 1:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Love the beginning of A4....gave me the chills the first time I saw it. Still wondering how Imperius walked away from that one....

All time though, D2 when Tyreal destroys the Worldstone. That one never gets old.
Reply Quote
I like hearing what people pick out as their favorites in these. My favorite part of the Act II cinematic is when Leah takes Tyrael's hand. For some reason, seeing the size difference just makes me chuckle…and then shudder a little at the thought of being hit with something like that. Definitely don’t want to make enemies with Wisdom.

"For some reason, seeing the size difference just makes me chuckle…and then shudder a little at the thought of being hit with something like that. Definitely don’t want to make enemies with Wisdom."

He doesn't hit that hard. Believe me I've seen him in battle recently.

Edit: Give my male Witch Doctor a paperclip, and he'll melee harder than Tyrael wielding El'druin.
( it's an inside joke )
Edited by Gnosis#1870 on 10/20/2012 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Tyrael is the angel of Justice . . .
Reply Quote
I cant remember a single cinematic or cutscene
Sadly they were all too unmemorable for me
And i love diablo lore ive read most of the books, but the soul of those books wasnt captured in this game like it was in d1/2
Just a hunger for more money

Ohhh well i still love this game
Reply Quote
View profile

as of then, justice.

he turns wisdom at the end

(look at me, im lecturing a blizzard employee about the games lore :P)

10/19/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Nerzaa
me too. how do i watch it again?

cenimatics menu, right b4 you log in.

10/19/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Sovereign
I love the act 2 cinematic when Tyreal stands up to Imperius and tells him "I am Justice itself! You cannot judge me!" It gives me the chills, so badass.

thats quite a good quote have to admit.....

10/19/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Evan
I like the one leading into act 4 the best. I won't spoil it for you since it seems like you're on your first playthough, but the first 10 seconds of it are my favorite.

i love all of the A4 one.

10/20/2012 05:27 AMPosted by HOREHOUND
He doesn't hit that hard. Believe me I've seen him in battle recently.

dont remind me

Edit: Give my male Witch Doctor a paperclip, and he'll melee harder than Tyrael wielding El'druin.( it's an inside joke )

that is not inside joke.

That is Fact.
Edited by WitchDoctor#1834 on 10/20/2012 6:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]