Diablo® III

Act II Cinematic

I have not once watched a single cinematic

this lol

cinematics have been a staple since like 1995. seen one. seen em all.

Wow these 2 responses boggle my damn mind.

You bought a Blizzard product and have not watched the cut scenes? That is all they are good at anymore!!!!!

And "seen one. seen em all" is soooooooooo far from the truth it is unthinkable.

But yea the cinematics were all I really enjoyed in D3, that and the installer music.

D1 and D2 the story was waaaaay better, and the cut scenes were darker just flowed better. I just don't like the direction of the game as a whole but the cut scenes, for the actual skill/epicness of them, were great/.
Edited by NaturalMyst#1477 on 10/20/2012 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 05:27 PMPosted by NaturalMyst
D1 and D2 the story was waaaaay better, and the cut scenes were darker just flowed better. I just don't like the direction of the game as a whole but the cut scenes, for the actual skill/epicness of them, were great/.

These are exactly my thoughts too. Act 4 cutscene was awesome, but D2 cinematics had way better atmosphere where you could feel the darkness and despair and it immersed you into the story. D3 cinematics look awesome but they lack something and thus the whole never becomes greater than the sum of its parts.
Reply Quote

this lol

cinematics have been a staple since like 1995. seen one. seen em all.

Wow these 2 responses boggle my damn mind.

You bought a Blizzard product and have not watched the cut scenes? That is all they are good at anymore!!!!!

And "seen one. seen em all" is soooooooooo far from the truth it is unthinkable.

But yea the cinematics were all I really enjoyed in D3, that and the installer music.

after skelly king you think the game would be good. it follows a console game approach where a cinematic is needed to pull the player into the story. square was doing that back in the 90s. at least you can skip them nowadays.

if anything deckard cain's death needed a worthy cinematic. unless he's going to end up being the boss in an expansion rofl.
Edited by st4cks#1833 on 10/20/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love the act 4
Reply Quote
Didn't watch any of them. They're all designed to be over-the-top and superfluous, heavily tinted with puerile melodrama. Boring and really embarrassing to watch.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 07:36 PMPosted by C13A
Didn't watch any of them. They're all designed to be over-the-top and superfluous, heavily tinted with puerile melodrama. Boring and really embarrassing to watch.

How do you know that when you havn't watched them?
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 10:15 AMPosted by McBigJ
Was absolutely awesome. I'm a very casual gamer with minimal time, but loving the lore and enjoying the game. I'm guessing future game cinematic is going to be great as well.

The same.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 06:13 PMPosted by st4cks
if anything deckard cain's death needed a worthy cinematic. unless he's going to end up being the boss in an expansion rofl.

That was one of the things that made me the saddest. Deckard Cain, the man himself, dies, and all he gets is a poorly made ingame cutscene. They really wanted to build this emotional connection man, and I can't think of anything better than a slow mo sad music scene as deckard cain is ripped apart... by something other than butterflies... as Leah is screaming silently helpless. I hope they add this in, in the future, because if you're gonna kill the man, at least send him off with style.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Coleslaw
I like hearing what people pick out as their favorites in these. My favorite part of the Act II cinematic is when Leah takes Tyrael's hand. For some reason, seeing the size difference just makes me chuckle…and then shudder a little at the thought of being hit with something like that. Definitely don’t want to make enemies with Wisdom.

how many people on the Blizzard team cried when they watched it for the first time?

lik dis if u cry evertim

( i cry)

dude....every time!
Reply Quote
i like the part where i ignore the topic of cinematics and instead make a joke about how horrible the plot is and how i cried when some horrific joke of a villan named Maghda killed Dekard Cain like he wasn't the central character of the entire series or something
Reply Quote
guys don't listen to these story tellers. They make it seem like they play the game but they were exposed last week when they said hellfire does not break down into brimstone to keep the value of it up.., These are paid hacks, they will say what they have to say to keep us thinking they care. No I am not a conspirer. I really wished they were players, and that they had a real stake in it all. But It's time we exposed them for the frauds they are.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 06:22 PMPosted by yodagreat
Was interesting the first time around. Now around 5k times later, I would like it turned off

yes please. disable all cutscenes would be a very good option.
Reply Quote
No it's not. I just did a run. Took about 1 hour and 15 minutes, 20 million XP (every area cleared) No legendaries, no sets, items aren't even decent. 2 things that MIGHT sell but by no means are they million gold items.

EDIT: This glitch is !@#$ing pathetic. I'm gonna leave this here so Blizz admins can see. You try and post in a thread, it says error. You hit back and go into another thread and it puts your message there instead. WTF.
Edited by RockandGrohl#2698 on 10/21/2012 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My personal fav is the act 4 begining cenematic. Leahs scratched up face and glowing eyes, Imperious calling his polearm down from the sky, Diablo rising up to fight Imperious. Thats just wicked cool looking stuff. :D
Reply Quote
I like hearing what people pick out as their favorites in these. My favorite part of the Act II cinematic is when Leah takes Tyrael's hand. For some reason, seeing the size difference just makes me chuckle…and then shudder a little at the thought of being hit with something like that. Definitely don’t want to make enemies with Wisdom.

My favorite cinematic is the act 4 one when Leah/Leahblo fights Imperius. The build-up was so good and the artistry in the cinematic with the swaying hair and the voice-acting was magnificent. My only complaint is it felt too short. Imperius, Heaven's most celebrated and proven warrior, basically got tossed around in the matter of seconds by Leahblo. Other than that, it was great.

Leahbro was all seven prime evils in one so it sort of makes sense.

I love Diablo3 and when I can play just act4 and clear it with more ease than I do currently I'll be very very happy.

Edit: Also, I love the story and all the cinematics. Simply awesome.

Spoiler: I also loving whenever you hear Adria speak and I rephrase everything she says in a sweet matter of fact tone that fits her motherly facade oh so well.

"Adria, what do you plan to do with the Black Soul Stone once Belial and Azmodan are trapped within?"

(Sweetly) "It's simple, I plan to turn Leah, my only daughter into Diablo, the Lord of Terror and unleash her on the High Heavens in an attempt to destroy ALLLL creation."

"Oh. Ok."
Edited by Wrathofrecca#1850 on 10/21/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Ometius
Really? You want the game look like that, so only people with epic gaming computers and super internet connection can play?

No.

I want a game made in 2012, backed by the largest publisher in gaming, having been in development for some 10 years to not look like a budget title from mid-2003.

From the run animations being played faster then the forward momentum of the characters, to the horribly muddy characters textures, everything about Diablo III screams "amateur hour". The cinematics are the only thing that doesn't visibly hurt - and, much like Starcraft II's cinematics, there's a good chance they were outsourced.
Reply Quote
10/21/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Jinx
My personal fav is the act 4 begining cenematic. Leahs scratched up face and glowing eyes, Imperious calling his polearm down from the sky, Diablo rising up to fight Imperious. Thats just wicked cool looking stuff. :D

One of my favorites as well. The other is Tyraels Sacrifice.

By the way, my cinematics got reset with the last patch. Only a few are there now, since I started playing again, but all the best ones are missing. I even killed Inferno Diablo again on a few different classes, but still not getting the cinematics. What's up with that?
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Grimiku

My barb hands are much bigger. When im transformed my hands are bigger then his head!! Wisdom got nothing on me.
Reply Quote
I hate the story and absolutely despise the cinematics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]