Diablo® III

Suggestion: Keywardens

I've been reading everywhere on the forums that Keywardens' difficulty is ramping up too fast for them to be considered "fair". While in SC this is less of a problem, in HC it can really mess your character up. For good.

Now not everyone is interested in Uber Bosses. They should be considered additional challenges, something you actively look for when you've facerolled Diablo over in Inferno.

With this in mind, it could be a good idea to make the Keywardens a trigger as opposed to an always present enemy. Maybe you find a pedestal with a key on it (or without, maybe just a little box which MAY contain a key), with an orange, legendary glow to it. Once activated, the Keywarden spawns and the fight begins. This way, players would have time to prepare for the fight, or even avoid it completely, if they wish to do so.

I have yet to die to a Keywarden myself, whether in SC or HC, but I'm not at higher difficulty levels, so I've always managed. But I think HC players would agree, especially if Ubers are not one of their goals, that Keywarden sometimes pose a disproportionate and perhaps unnecessary threat.
Reply Quote
ive lost two characters in hardcore mode to them, they hit to hard and dont seem to want to die, had almost killed one, then instantly it got all its health back and killed me instead.
Reply Quote
Agree with the OP that the wardens can be problematic and while the idea to have a "trigger" might be an option personally I would advocate that in a no MP game the warden should not be more powerful than standard elites while in MP games the power might be ramped up commensurate with the chance for key/plan drop.

10/23/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Zblugg
But I think HC players would agree, especially if Ubers are not one of their goals, that Keywarden sometimes pose a disproportionate and perhaps unnecessary threat.

Fully agree with that, first goal would be to complete inferno and then re-assess. Certainly not looking forward to encountering the wardens on my transit through inferno (especially the act3 one).
Reply Quote
Blizz have no idea about balance sometimes. In a game like this, every dungeon needs it. Health and damage need to have a set bar and only slight changes can be made to damage. Health however can be ramped up to create a longer battle.

The difficulty should come into play with how the mob attacks you. They still havnt figured that out yet and just ramp up damage to say "here we go, a boss, try to kill it". It works fine if you have crazy LoH and Regen but you can't make a game expecting players to have it. Especially with the current loot system.

So yeah, their balance is out of wak. The Act4 warden killed me like 5 times in a row yesterday with that flame spell of his. The rest of the Act was cake.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]